Macro programs...

W

w00t(aka)thundy

Are these allowed? Can I use one to make my asterite hinges whilst I sit near and read a book?

Is this against the CoC?

W

w00t(aka)thundy

What completely? Even if I sit there reading whilst it does it for me?

Pretty lame imo.

D

Dimse

Yups you will get banned. I personally think its Great that you are not allowed to use them.

Do like I do when I hinge Put on Headfones and when you hear that ickle sound that Tells you hinge is done, press the Hinge botton again. you can read a book or watch a move at the same time

A

-ag-bometal

Originally posted by w00t(aka)thundy
Are these allowed? Can I use one to make my asterite hinges whilst I sit near and read a book?

Is this against the CoC?

No

No

yes

You have to push the button yourself m8

Or hire your brother to do it for you :)

O

oblivion_6

aye the ding is a good thing to go with

thats what i use whil making endless mana pots :p

A

Apathy

Then get banned for letting someone else use your account.

a.

K

klavrynd

only lgm's can show off with carpal tunnel,
and then no girl will believe you it's from clicking a button all the time

D

Driwen

I dont think its actually against the CoC to let someone else use your account as long as you are the one logging in:p.

And yes its against the coc and using the ding to tell you when to press the button again means you can read a book :). Btw maybe even make your mousebutton into the number needed to press the hinge so finding the button to press is even easier?:) (also if you push your mouse it doesnt matter) However dunno if you can actually configure that (but worth trying imo :p)

edit: you cant do this in game maybe somewhere in windows, but dunno.

A

Ardrias_Mid

Dont you think it would have been in the game if it was intended to?
S'like... "so sorry m8y didnt know there was anyfing wrong whit wallhax just coz it wasnt included in the game"

Fucking hell, you really must be quite stupid to even ask, dont you?

N

-Nxs-

READ the EULA/CoC

A player must be at his screen when performing an opteration

So yes by all means use macro's jsut be sat at your screen :) now if thats not twisting the rules i dont know what is hehe

F

fayle

If i remeber correctly it's also prohibited to use third party programs

S

snarks

Originally posted by -Nxs-
READ the EULA/CoC

So yes by all means use macro's jsut be sat at your screen :) now if thats not twisting the rules i dont know what is hehe

So you're saying that if I'm crafting and go off and do some ironing/washing up thus moving away from the screen then I'm breaking the EULA. Oh Sat and Sun mornings will be difficult as I'll have to make the decision whether to craft or do household chores :( Oh well I'll just have to teach my daughter who is almost 2 to press the button when the computer makes a funny noise then ;)

O

old.Thanatlos

My warden is fully macro'd.. does a loop of this:

- clicks healer
- runs to porter
- buys ticket
- says one of these randomly:
'ffs nerf savages'
'aaargh, was interrupted whole fight, silly asd'
'brb, getting drink'
'think we killed a few'
'damn alb zerg'
- ports
- buffs everyone with baselines
- sticks to bard
- turns on pbt

Works pretty well, got to rr8 that way! :)

B

Bleri McThrust

Originally posted by Apathy
Most crafters macro. Do it. DO IT!

a.

Dont listen to that its BS

Macros will get you banned and rightly so :) It would count as third party software.

Oh btw isnt it also against CoC to buy and sell accounts :m00:

W

Whoodoo_RD

Originally posted by snarks

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
READ the EULA/CoC

So yes by all means use macro's jsut be sat at your screen now if thats not twisting the rules i dont know what is hehe
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So you're saying that if I'm crafting and go off and do some ironing/washing up thus moving away from the screen then I'm breaking the EULA. Oh Sat and Sun mornings will be difficult as I'll have to make the decision whether to craft or do household chores Oh well I'll just have to teach my daughter who is almost 2 to press the button when the computer makes a funny noise then

Read it again, he said "While performing any operation" in other words if you are doing anything in game, you must be at your PC to do it, and not have something that automates the process for you.

Yes it breaks the EULA and CoC, no third party programs are allowed to be used to play the game, this includes macro programs. And yes ppl have been banned for it.

T

Twaize

EU servers are the only servers where u are not allowed to buy/sell your accounts!

S

Sichama

Macro programs are not third party programs in the sense that they do not add on the software that you use.

It is just another way to move your mouse pointer, use keyboard or mouse buttons etc. etc.

No one has the right actually to tell you how to use your pc, if you want to use software to move the pointer around, touch pad, voice commands or whatever its your bussines.

On the other hand GoA has the right to terminate your account just because they feel like it so don't be surprised if it happens.

K

kahl

Originally posted by Sichama
No one has the right actually to tell you how to use your pc, if you want to use software to move the pointer around, touch pad, voice commands or whatever its your bussines.

can you etc use Microsoft SideWinder GameVoice to do your crafting? etc say craft :>

C

cjkaceBM

Buy a Belkin Nostromo Speedpad.

Set it up to mimic the number keys 1 - 10.

Put volume on low so you can just here the ping sound.

Drag armchair near to PC and put speedpad on the arm of the chair. Read book and press the relevant key when necessary.

Not against CoC as the speedpad is a substitute keyboard so you aren't technically speaking AFK.

N

-Nxs-

I got to LGM SC by using my wireless keyboard - just lay back on bed, and watch TV (which is right next to the pc monitor in my bedroom) and press a button when you hear a ding - not to hard, and not breaking EULA

B

bob007

READ the EULA/CoC

LOL All the old minstrels should be banned !! :)

T

Telamon

Originally posted by fayle
If i remeber correctly it's also prohibited to use third party programs

If we're splitting hairs / being stict that's kinda hard.
Would mean DAoC would have to come with it's own operating system (which would probably not even hurt .. ;) ) and you could not have ICQ/IRC/Teamspeak running in the background o_O

As for Selling accounts .. I read something in the Manual EULA
(just skimmed it) amounting to something like a) no more than 5 Accounts on any single credit card or combination of credit cards belonging to a single user without express written permission of Mythic and b) yer you can sell/pass on your account but only once. (huh? .. tried to ban account sharing? .. why?!)

T

Telamon

Originally posted by bob007

He Lives in a pineapple under the sea....
Sponge Bob Square Pants ...

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!

You have no idea what you did to me! Spongebob!
Vade retro SATANAS!

LOL

P.S.: Nothing personal :) .. nice pants

K

kameh

Originally posted by Bleri McThrust
Dont listen to that its BS

Macros will get you banned and rightly so :) It would count as third party software.

Oh btw isnt it also against CoC to buy and sell accounts :m00:

Get you banned? there's been a guy sat in hagall for the last week, hardly moved and has always been on sitting next to the tailor merchant, he hasn't been banned and I REALLY suspect he's macroing his arse off!

S

Sibanac

Originally posted by kameh
Get you banned? there's been a guy sat in hagall for the last week, hardly moved and has always been on sitting next to the tailor merchant, he hasn't been banned and I REALLY suspect he's macroing his arse off!

well report him, they can easely check if he is macroing or not

W

Whoodoo_RD

Originally posted by Telamon
If we're splitting hairs / being stict that's kinda hard.
Would mean DAoC would have to come with it's own operating system (which would probably not even hurt .. ;) ) and you could not have ICQ/IRC/Teamspeak running in the background o_O

As for Selling accounts .. I read something in the Manual EULA
(just skimmed it) amounting to something like a) no more than 5 Accounts on any single credit card or combination of credit cards belonging to a single user without express written permission of Mythic and b) yer you can sell/pass on your account but only once. (huh? .. tried to ban account sharing? .. why?!)
The EULA and CoC ban the use of third party programs in use with DAoC, IRC/ICQ and teamspeak are not used to affect DAoC in anyway. A macro program is used to make commands in the game.

Oh, and now try reading the euro EULA and CoC, not the US one. No you cannot sell / trade your accounts, and the credit card thing is more about your security than their rules.

S

Sichama

Originally posted by Whoodoo_RD
A macro program is used to make commands in the game.

Not true, a macro program runs seperatly from DAoC and does not "make" commands in the game, the commands are still made through the mouse pointer and keyboard its just a software that does it.

Ofcourse they might be programs out there that add on DAoC and also have macro functions, i am not refering to those because use of those definately breaches the CoC.

But in the case of the use of a seperate program to move your pointer, perfom keystrokes or mouse clicks it is not considered a third party program in the sense that it would breach the CoC and the only obligation of the player is to be at his screen whenever his toon performs an action in game.

W

Whoodoo_RD

If you are not performing the action, a "Third Party" is. If its a program doing that, then its a "third party program". Symantics.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom