Lynn Barfog "epic" mobs and drops

D

Draylor

Ok, so last night members of The Royal Guard and Illuminati met up to try to beat up some of the epic mobs in Lynn Barfog.

Mouth: We tried, our plan went wrong very quickly so we failed :(

Fester: A couple of deaths, but no real problem - we win. It drops a friar cloak :rolleyes: While it appeared to be a decent enough item out of the 30 or so players present there wasnt a single Friar, so that did little to congratulate us on our success.

King of the Barfog Hills: Again we won with a couple of deaths - but no drop at all?

Ok so the trip was fun, and infinitely better than xp-ing in Lyonesse which is now mind numblingly boring, but the lack of any drop from the "King" surprised me. Is this a bug, were we unlucky, or was I wrong to expect a drop from these named mobs every time?

Finally to any members of TRG who may see this - Hope your all up for this again sometime, we will win in the end :clap:

Draylor
Lvl 42 Armsman - boredom level high and climbing :(
(at least my minstrel alt is fun :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: )

O

old.Veeshan

in Royal Bavarians we killed 5+ of these mobs i believe and got 0 drops
untill patch hunting em is kinda senceless

D

Draylor

Ok, thanks Veeshan, thats exactly the sort of response I was hoping for.

Obviously not the answer I wanted, but at least now I know it happens to everyone.

Hmmmmm, still doesnt make me any happier about a friar robe tho :rolleyes:

A

Addlcove

whats the stats on the robe? ;)

Im always looking for new armor :) (either for me or some of the other friars in B&Q, we got 5 friars in guild atm I think)

K

Khalen

Bedwin give me a call I have 2 friar robes in my vault and it's a shame to just sell them. One is AF 98 (Robe of Celerity (I think I spelled it right) drop from Ravenclan Giants and an AF 92 (Robe of Ghostly Light) drop out of Barrows..

D

Draylor

The drop was "Putrified Robes", AF98, +10 con, +10 piety, +8 dex.

The link below shows the same item, although iis clearly taken from a later version as it is showing all stats multiplied by 1.5

http://www.gamebanshee.com/darkageofcamelot/armor.php?ID=1072

NOTE: I have no idea who has this item, Im not offering it to anyone since I cant, Im just passing on the information :)

O

old.Organ-Grinder

did u try take on the legendary affanc :) ? i can even find the bugger :) wanted a cple of screenies of him

I

Insurrextion

hmm Mouth was one of the easier ones when a grp of us (2 actually ;)) attempted the named mobs in Barfog ... Mordred was the real toughie ... and none of them dropped anything :(

Afanc usually spawns in the lake i think - last time i saw her she was around 20k,40k :)

T

Treniel

king of barfog hills drops a really nice polearm next patch but i think thats it :)

B

belth

Originally posted by Draylor
The drop was "Putrified Robes", AF98, +10 con, +10 piety, +8 dex.

The link below shows the same item, although iis clearly taken from a later version as it is showing all stats multiplied by 1.5

http://www.gamebanshee.com/darkageofcamelot/armor.php?ID=1072

NOTE: I have no idea who has this item, Im not offering it to anyone since I cant, Im just passing on the information :)

They're 1.5x in most of the items we have, there's just a display bug associated with it ;)

K

Khalen

Why are those screenies of a lot of people so dark? We can't see anything btw...

O

old.Pyrotechnix

SotL killed them all on Prydwen last week. We got a sorc/caba staff from Fester and the Afanc Hide Cloak from....Afanc :)

There were about 3 groups of us for this. Tactics we used were similar to EQ tactics for raiding, ie, designate a Main tank (we used a pally) to keep aggro and have all clerics in a chat group healing MA in rotation. It worked really well, we had only 4 deaths total against all the 'epic' mobs.

As for drops, yes, the drop rate is a bit crap atm but is raised in a later patch.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Pyrotechnix

O

old.[BC]Revz

wanted a cple of screenies of him (sic)

Screens of all the epic kills we did (apart from King because he died too fast) are in our scrapbook.

The cloak from Afanc is also bugged. At first no one could equip it and then after we reported it and it became equipable it now has totally messed up stats that do nothing. If any other guilds have gotten one I'd be interested to hear about whether you have similar problems.

O

old.Killtoons

hi

I must confess i'm playing on the other pc i might have missunderstanding the hole thread but i belive veesh sad it's useless to hunt them...
Well it's not BF and LoD went for epic hunting and they droped 2 lvl 50 items quite good in fact ;)

1 was lvl 50 fire wizard staff (what a shame :p) - from fetsher or whatever his name is can't remember now :p
1 friar torso lvl 50 as well ;) - from afanc

O

old.Killtoons

hi

I must confess i'm playing on the other pc i might have missunderstanding the hole thread but i belive veesh sad it's useless to hunt them...
Well it's not BF and LoD went for epic hunting and they droped 2 lvl 50 items quite good in fact ;)

1 was lvl 50 fire wizard staff (what a shame :p) - from fetsher or whatever his name is can't remember now :p

D

Dalby

Originally posted by Killtoons

fester

grrrrrrrr i want that staff!

:m00:

N

Ninjastyle

can anyone confirm that the legendary afanc also drops the regal gloves ?
tnx

ps : how many ppl at what lvl does it take to kill afanc ?

B

belth

Dragon Knights decided to go test their mettle with the Llyn Barfog epic mobs yesterday and we killed some of them. Some pictures of them mostly alive:

Mouth
Fester
Teazanodwc
King of Barfog Hills
Wrath of Mordred

Turn up your gamma if you can't see what's in the pictures ;)

Wrath of Mordred was the only one we had casualties with, because he has a nasty dd-proc... We had 14 people from levels 38 to 50. Couldn't find Legendary Afanc :(

No drops as usual :mad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom