LVL'ing

F

FeraMcFlurry

my highest is only 36at the moment but i need a good place to lvl which also gives good money- except DF

F

FoXeH

You wont find a better place than DF for money and leveling, for level 36 i'd recommend Barrows untill around 40, then goto Avalon city. Maybe better zones in SI than barrows but I don't know any.

N

Nightchill

As FoxeH says, Avalon City is the place to go for 40-50.

N

-Nxs-

The mobs outside avalon may be ok for your level.

You can also get a group in barrows (classic world)

B

barevoose

theres places for every lvl in SI u just gotta know where

S

speshneeds

Originally posted by barevoose
theres places for every lvl in SI u just gotta know where

very helpful :p

Would say barrows is your best bet for sure, but if there is no one @ your lvl then mebbe do a /who 35 and ask a few of them nicely if they would like an Armsman to xp with, I usually get a good response from that

F

frogster

tbh, i wouldnt say barrows was all that great for cash :l
AC is great, especially if you know someone who can salvage the drops for you. You wont have any problems selling to crafters if you price sensibly. Diogel is a great place to do this, aint that far from AC either

C

chretien

Originally posted by speshneeds
do a /who 35 and ask a few of them nicely if they would like an Armsman to xp with, I usually get a good response from that
But Spesh, you're not a Armsman?

S

speshneeds

my arms is lvl37 ~~

hardly like it would work if you had a scout :D

C

chretien

I can imagine the conversation:

"Hi was wondering if you had a spot in your group?"
"Well I'm level 36 now"
"I'm a uh.. light tank"
"Yeah I can use a shield"
"No I'm not a scout! Heh, who'd ask for a group with a scout?"
"Oh erm well I'm in studded now cos I'm waiting for my chain to be SCed"
"No honestly! I'm not a scout!"
"No I don't use a bow, I'm er.. thrust and shield specced."
"Ok, ok! I'm a scout! Listen I can do.."
"Well there's no need to take that tone!"
"Scouts can be..."
"You're going to what?"
"Arrgh! Gettoff!"

Edit: - I always let scouts into my exp groups, cos I think they are great, but then I am probably not the best person to give advice on setting up optimal exp groups.

N

noya

Whats wrong with scouts? :/

Do awesome damage with decent bow/arrows. Or do they go crap at high level or something?

N

naetha

For a start scouts are great in PvE, they just frustrate me in RvR ;)

As for xping at level 36ish - if you're slash, then hamadryad's in lyonesse are nice fast xp - they don't baf (bring a friend) yell for help (get all their friends to come and help them if you hit them too hard) and are slash weak. If you want to xp in SI, can I suggest you go out of Ft Gwyntell and turn left - there's loads of mobs around there, and they all drop random items, just don't even try and kill the avalonian apparitions, as they seem about 5 levels higher than their con - they even kill level 50 paladins :(

If you're having trouble finding groups, try joining a friendly guild - generally the larger the guild, the more they have going on that you can join in with.

T

thegreatest

If you are a sorc tho, dont even hesitate charming an avalonian apparition at lvl38...Just charm em, send him to a orange/red con mob and see him kicking the mobs ass in 15 secs returning to you with full health ;)

I can remember 2 blue con avalonian apparitions did kick my armsman's ass at lvl 49 :/

N

nalistah

there is actually ppl that NOT powerlevel nowadays? =O

O

old.windforce

one of the best exp groups i ever had was with a scout

(/hug Puzia)

we went through the sewers with 50 pala / arms / icewiz / cleric, 49 scout, 2 x 48 pala and 48 mincer like cake and made ~2 bubs an hour at level 49

N

Nairod

Get a 50 necro or cabalist and powerlevel is the best way to level

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom