Lvling for lvl 39 - 44 chars.

D

danskmacabre

Just want to get a list of decent places for GROUPs and Soloing between Lvl 39-44

Here's my offerings.

GROUPS.
-----------

The everpopular Tangler Gobbos at Lyonesse:
Personally, I hate them, the XP isn't that great and groups get wiped out easily.

For a small group, the Medial Talamons are great.
For a larger group, the Greater telamons are even beter XP.

There's also those farmer creatures near the telamons that are pretty good XP for Groups if you pull 3 or 4 at a time.

If you have just a small group and a mezzer/rooter , then the Pikes near the Lyon Gobbos are OK.

SOLOING
-----------

Actually, I have not soloed at these levels yet, so I'm looking for suggestions.

S

starblade

In a group, if pikeys are too hard, try Hollow Men in Snodonia. Always found them great fun and they give a slash bonus instead of the penalty you get on ghostly creatures.

Also liked chopping arawnites and scorned/angry bwca. Think last ones are yellow at 45 or so a 39-44 group might find them ok.
Arawnites are found throughout snodonia, bwca are wandering in Hurbury area and the angry bwca are camping up on the hills near our beloved relic keep.

Greater boogeys, always nice and the Yarleys love me. Rooters are actually friendly and I have been offered a share in their farm for outstanding services to the family :p I still do them for crafting cash and ... nm, I just like to slice boogeys ok.

There were also some fun mobs in hadrians but I never really watched the xp there ... was just a blast wandering round there and exploring the area.

B

Bleri McThrust

Foe soloing the frontiers are great. The xp is increased per kill, not sure if this is just because of camp bonusses or partly the frontier xp.

Hadrians wall was good to me at around 40'ish. But there are other places to.

O

old.Ashgen

Enjoy yourself

As you will have noticed, level 45 is a magical mystical level when all things become clear.

Your armour has twice the AF, your weapons do twice the damage and everyone is your friend.

Well that is how it would appear ... lvl 45+ groups abound!

Until then your life will be:

Tanglers
DF
Barrows

In that order.

Try to get groups a little higher than you, BUT never ask a group who have members 45+ or you will dragged across hot coals, your eyes will be gouged out and your women and children taken into slavery just for suggesting it!

You will sometimes come across kind generous warm people, who actually see that lvl 43 is only two levels below 45, and 44 is only 1 level below 45, but do not hold your breath.

The exception to the above are:

Clerics
Minstrels
Casters

You will also encounter the famed "caster only" group at tanglers. These are groups of robed casters you shun, quite verbally at times, any suggestion that a none caster class should wish to join their group ...

That is, until they bite the dust and they come cap in hand for a rezz, which of course I always do (with Arau anyway, because even at the heralded lvl 45 armsman still do net get healing ;p)

So welcome to the most tedious, self interested, self important, XP whoring, opinionated and boring levels this game has to offer ...

oh ... finally, when asking for a group at Tanglers, please do not expect a reply, many become deaf and mute from the noise of the frogs ...

A tip .... /macro Group /yell Level 44 Armsman lfg please :)

Saves having to scroll up and down, when you ask, and ask, and ask, and ask, and ask...

Final finally, last night at Tanglers ...

I was in the worse group I have been in ... asked me to pull, so I pulled, then casters did not cast, healers did not heal, three left the group to save their bacon ... then came the "oh, soz I wuz afk" or " la casta signoria el pasts hama" or whatever..

then later

I was in a great group, there for 3 hours, one death, and nice safe XP, great banter.

So chose your groups wisely :)

Good luck, and get to know the helpful people!

Enjoy yourself
:eek:

I

Insurrextion

gobos are great xp cause they got uber baf which gives them more grp bonus ^^

pikeys arent great xp imo cause they are resistant to slash (which most tanks are) and hit quite hard (esp on chain T_T)

boogeys are good solo - easy kills and good coin ... also yarleys will like u :)

xp deep in barrows is not bad either - wights and celts are probably the best cause they baf and are vulnerable to slash

didnt do too much lvling in frontiers - but i think pennines offers good xp and a large variety of drops if u switch between ellylls, tegs and ravenclan giants

without chaining now i would guess DF would be best source of xp (whenever its open), probably better than twees/worms ... but i havent done high lvl xping in quite a while so i wouldnt really know :)

Originally posted by old.Ashgen

The exception to the above are:

Minstrels

if minstrel is the only cc u have you would need a high lvl one for mezzes to stick very consistently ;)

D

danskmacabre

Heh, that was a funny post Ashgen, in a dark sort of way.

Is it really that bad?
It's just I have a cleric and don't normally have problems getting a group.
After saying that, I haven't attempted to join a lvl 45 group yet, as I only dinged lvl 39 last night.

Regarding DF, I haven't been there for quite a while now.
But I might go back for a bit maybe..
Been spending a lot of time At Lyonesse lately, as you may have noticed, although the Barrows are pretty fun too ( gotta pay that place a visit again sometime)..

L

-Lonewolf-

Phew try levelling in the days before the pygmy's now that was hard levelling

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom