lvl 50 spear style question for valk

hanza

Fledgling Freddie
well since last patch the lvl 50 spear style has been changed from a bleed (50dmg /tick) to a 150 DD

question might be stupid but i m rather unsure about it:

does the 150DD works just like the bleed style did work ?

i explain :

for the pbaoe style u have : spear damage + spell - the spell is lunching when the style hit but the mob/player has a chance to resist the spell

in other word when fighting high lvl mobs spell is resisted 90% of the time wich make it a bit useless.

the bleed style was working a bit differently ( just like all bleed style i belive) when u manage to damage the mob with your spear the bleed will start (working like an automatic succes on a dot spell when hitting)

so what about the new DD style ? does it work like a spell base damage (can be resisted) or like a bleed (cannot be resisted) ?

orbin

Fledgling Freddie
This was one of mythics not so clever moves. I mean the 50 tick bleed were useful atleast in PvE. When it comes to RvR you hardly kill anyone with a dot, not from melee. A DD will be resisted in most cases against higher mobs. In RvR spear offers much better styles and with lower speccs.

Since Mid lack a pet spam class the high dot from 50 spear was really useful for Epic PvE.

/Gashemi

hanza

Fledgling Freddie
orbin said:
This was one of mythics not so clever moves. I mean the 50 tick bleed were useful atleast in PvE. When it comes to RvR you hardly kill anyone with a dot, not from melee. A DD will be resisted in most cases against higher mobs. In RvR spear offers much better styles and with lower speccs.

Since Mid lack a pet spam class the high dot from 50 spear was really useful for Epic PvE.

/Gashemi

indeed, was hurting like hell on big mobs :)

if now it can be resisted i assume it s not necessary to spec 50 spear anymore so can just stop before the last style. anyway as u mention it it was some 100% PvE fluff but still a nice tool

lpep

Can't get enough of FH
its a very large ae dd now.. nice for interupts in rvr i have found

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom