Lvl 35-50 XP spot?

D

Danamyr

Does Albion have an equivilent of 4 Fins in Hib?

If so, where is it and what is it called?

What rules apply there? For example, at 4 Fins, you have to put your name on a list and wait for anything up to 4 days for a spot. The XP is better elsewhere, but the cash and salvagable drops are fantastic, and the XP is fast and safe with little to no downtime.

Only downside is that Lvl 50 chars use it to PL alts, so number of spots available for non-50s are generally restricted to 1 x PB, 1 x Druid and 1 x Bard.

Is the same practise in effect here?

Any pointers would be nice. Never had a character higher than Lvl 31 here and am certain there must be more to life than Barrows :)

Alternatively, if anyone could suggest a levelling outline for an Armsman from Lvl 30-50 that would be appreciated :)

Thanks in advance.

C

corentmm

Don't think albs have ever used 'list' systems formally - that sort of thing smacks of organisation, and tbh sounds crap anyway.

Back in the day you'd go to lyonesse, chain pygmys for a while, then move on to tanglers, then the ultimate prize - trees. Could be the reason why most albs are a bit mental.

Most people have woken up to the fact it sucks now, so DF, Barrows I guess, and Avalon City from mid 40s up to 50 (If you have SI). There may be good places for 35+ in SI but I couldn't say.

D

Danamyr

I think AC is the Alb equivilent of Tur Suil in Hib, in which case it was 38+ for Druids/Bards, and 40+ for Melee classes.

It sounds to me as though AC must be quite a bit more difficult if the lowest level is 45+.

D

doball

Don't think albs have ever used 'list' systems formally - that sort of thing smacks of organisation, and tbh sounds crap anyway.

Back in the day you'd go to lyonesse, chain pygmys for a while, then move on to tanglers, then the ultimate prize - trees. Could be the reason why most albs are a bit mental.

Most people have woken up to the fact it sucks now, so DF, Barrows I guess, and Avalon City from mid 40s up to 50 (If you have SI). There may be good places for 35+ in SI but I couldn't say.

DF! Good joke! When we get it we lose it 5 mins later :rolleyes:. We had it for a day recently but couldn't take advantage because I'm in BG 3 :swords:. But it does seem that barrows is the only place for 30 - 50, but as Corentmm said if you have Shrouded Isles there is always Avalon City but you can't really go there until level 45 :(

M

Mishy

Originally posted by jimmylimmy
what about dartmoor?

Dartmoor is good place to xp, especially the Stonecrush giants, can be done 40+, suits all sized groups, as long as you have some crowd control... I did last 3-4 levels there grouped with a Paladin.

Z

zlair

Dartmoor ?

Isnt there only a dragon there ?

H

hercules-df

hehe gobbos/tanglers, the good ole days the pain and death sounds drove most of the albs a bit loony

Aww Aww Owwwwww

E

echekiel

Avalon City is the best to my mind there is allways or DF when we have it ;p
DM is uber but hard to find grp there nowadays

Echekiel Merc 50 (retired)
Akhiros Pala 4X

Proud Menbers Of <Dragon Knights>

F

Flimgoblin

these days it's barrows till about level 40 and AC till 50

if you have a nice group you can go dartmoor or lyonesse or krondon but you need to bring your own :)

A

acei

You use a list system on other realms? There's no way i would ever acknowledge a list system and i'd pull what i want to pull unless it's overcrowded, low XP or there's a necro there.

I played another MMORPG with the list system and hated obeying it, waiting a full day to get 1 mob was ridiculous.

Anyway, 35-50 = Barrows if you can be patient enough with the necro's there.

Otherwise 35-41 = Barrows/Avalon then 41-50 = Avalon city

O

old.m0000

Originally posted by corentmm

I dinged 50 at trees and I'm fine <twitch>

some people say i have this tendancy to kill any tree i come across and shout things like "AHAHAHA THATS ANOTHER ONE YOU BASTARDS", but I wouldn't know since i just tend to black out when a tree comes into view....

J

Jiggs

it terms of mob level tur suli/form = krodon more or less

Avalon City is kinda unique across the realms, like having DF open to you 24/7 with a tonne of good camp spots :)

the only real point i'd make is that it depends massively on what class you have, obviously a sorcerer might want to do the pygmy house 35-40 in a smallish group, a tank would be in barrows etc etc

H

Hit ^_^

Dartmoor is getting fixed in 1,62 they reducing aggo range on some mobs and lowering pop on some spots to make it more like malohus in mid and whatever the hib one is called.
they allso boosting most drops there to have the same imbue system as SI drops(atm they all suck)they are not boosting dragon only loot tho.

dartmoor works fine from lvl25ish(ponnines) to 50.and many of the giants in there(alteast the lower ones wich gives good exp at lvl30+) dont like cold so pbae whit a ice wizzy is uber :)

as for barrows id say its one of the crappyest exp places in alb there is. its overcamped got 90%crap group setups and loads of ppl camping the good spots.

gobos in lyo was good untill to many cabalists found that their dot chould actualy kill the whole spawn more or less so no use going there nowdays it seems.

As for Avalon City its the No:1 place to exp at on lvl40+ as there's lots of good spots and many ppl to group whit. this requires SI tho and i dont realy know were your suppose to find groups at lvl40+ if you dont have that expent when we have DF but thtats like 20mins a week so prettty slow lvling.

there is allso Llyn Barfog wich can be quite Nice at lvl40+ aswell even if the mobs hit quite hard.

whit the upcomming 1,62 patch i think frontier exping might become more popular due to the itemsiing of all frontier mobs using the Rog("random"items stats)system.

C

cleeve

Gotta agree on pygmies

You get there - pull for 5 minutes then some lvl 50 cabalist comes up and kills the whole spawn. Bloody annoying and they ignore you if you ask them politely to just pull half the spawn.

I am lvl 40ish atm and we tend to rotate from AC entrance (easily doable in a good group from 37-38 onwards) to Orcs and Algae (far east of caer diogel, easy to get to, very little aggro and sweet exp) and Thrawn Ogres - (north of Algae )

Tepoks is great until mid 20's then Catas til 30 - barrows (for as long as you can stomach it) then hit Boogeys, cornish drakes and giants til 40.

I soloed Yellow and Orange con Greater Boogeys from lvl 38-40 cos I couldn't face any more barrows levelling. I still solo boogeys when I want quick fix of exp now. weak to slash and weak damage vs plate make them perfect levelling for slash wielding plate wearers :)

M

D

Danamyr

Thanks all - some superb replies :)

I shall just abuse your hospitality one more time. If I wanted to roll a Cleric on my second account (to play - not a BB), what would be the ideal template?

I was thinking of splitting points between Rejuv/Enhancements, something near 41 R/35 E.

Is a well specced R/E Cleric sought after for groups?

Opinions?

A

acei

Originally posted by Danamyr
I was thinking of splitting points between Rejuv/Enhancements, something near 41 R/35 E.

Is a well specced R/E Cleric sought after for groups?
Same template i use and i love it, can solo and group well and very sought after in groups, the 100% rezz comes in handy in RvR too.

O

old.Ramas

Don't think albs have ever used 'list' systems formally

So many people have forgotten the tree lists.

Today, AC is where the high level xp is at, lists are rarely used because the structure of AC means you can do pretty well with pairs or foursomes, you don't absolutely need a full group.

And there are very large numbers of spawn points, more than we will ever need to fill demand.

As for cleric templates,

41R 35E is indeed considered the current cookie cutter.

You can tweak it a few points either way though, and you'll have a better idea of whether you want to by the time you've played through 40odd levels.

D

Danamyr

Just had another look at the character builder, and IMO the perfect RvR spec Cleric for me is:

40 Rejuv: Gives the 3rd single Insta, and the 2nd group Insta, as well as the 2nd Spread Heal. If not using the Spread Heal then you should be using the two base heals - far more mana efficent than the spec heals. It is simply not worth taking Rejuv above 40.

36 Enh: Gives the 3rd Health Regen & Acuity buffs.Gives the 2nd Body & Spirit resists and the 1st Energy resist.

4 Smite: Left over points (leaves 1 point unused). Gives first PB Mez Shout & 2nd Self Dmg Add - completely worthless in reality, but that Mez may just 'one day' be the saviour :)

Suggestions/constructive criticisim?

I know with the advent of SC and PC arour and equipment, race is no longer an important factor. When I last played a Cleric I chose a Highlander. I figured the extra HP would come in handy when I was getting beat on :)

Now I think a Briton may be a better choice, because of higher dex and smaller natural size.

Opinions?

Thanks to all for bearing with me ;)

A

acei

Originally posted by Danamyr
40 Rejuv: Gives the 3rd single Insta, and the 2nd group Insta, as well as the 2nd Spread Heal. If not using the Spread Heal then you should be using the two base heals - far more mana efficent than the spec heals. It is simply not worth taking Rejuv above 40.

36 Enh: Gives the 3rd Health Regen & Acuity buffs.Gives the 2nd Body & Spirit resists and the 1st Energy resist.

4 Smite: Left over points (leaves 1 point unused). Gives first PB Mez Shout & 2nd Self Dmg Add - completely worthless in reality, but that Mez may just 'one day' be the saviour :)
The 41 heal is very useful in PvE situations, it might use alot of power but it also heals a hell of a lot well worth 41 rejuv.

I don't know why you mentioned the health regen as imo it's the worst spell we have. Your point about the spirit resist in 36enh is a good point, but most enemy casters don't use spirit based attacks.

With 41rejuv/35enh/3smite he also gets the first mezz and this can be a life safer at times, not just in PvE but in RvR but don't rely on it too much. The damage adder is useful when soloing.

F

Flimgoblin

Krondon gets a bit better for xping with the non-aggro entrance next patch - wonder if people will try it :)

Tur Suil and Trollheim should be the equivalents to AC - but I'm not sure if you can wander around it quite so easily - AC it's fairly easy to get around to different parts of the city without getting aggro on the way.

O

old.Ramas

If not using the Spread Heal then you should be using the two base heals - far more mana efficent than the spec heals. It is simply not worth taking Rejuv above 40.

The major heals are more power efficient than the all bar the tiny heals. In some cases including the spread heal.

The greater heals are faster than anything else.

The greater heal is espeicially useful in open field, 1fg vs 1fg rvr, since opponents are capable of using /assist, which fubars the spread heal, and makes anything else too slow.

You also get to power up your insta group heal at 45. My own spec is 45R 29E.

Rejuv does have advantages over spec 40, but as you say, 40 or 41 is generally considered the sweet spot by many. I went higher rejuv simply because the game is already crawling with buff bots, and so my spec buffs are only occaisionally missed.

Oh, and you will never cast health regen, it does almost nothing and is generally viewed as a waste of concentration.

D

Danamyr

Thanks for the replies - greatly appreciated :)

C

corentmm

DM is very nice xp, and I've always had a feeling those orcs near Diogel would be, but you have to take your own group, as people tend to have a lack of imagination. Hopefully the next patch will make DM/Krondon more accessible, we'll have to see.

The only lists I encountered at trees were very informal - only a couple of people long, doesn't sound like the day-long ones he was describing - but maybe I'm wrong - they drove me nuts pretty fast and I didn't stay there for that long.

You can tell ppl have stopped hunting em for the most part cos I don't get offered about 5 Gnarled Witherwoode Staffs every day - still they made a nice door for Eras.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom