LvL 24 scout template for BG1

C

conspectus

I want to raise a scout to 24 to play BG1. How should my specs look?

G

Glottis_Xanadu

Max longbow (so 24)
put some points into thrust (but not too much, think something like 10, and put the rest of the points into stealth, so you can have about 20 in stealth. This way you cannot be spotted.
Assasins cannot get see hidden yet, no their chance is only 2 times as good as that of any other character. So just have fun playing a scout like it was meant to be played, before Mythic nerfed it to hell and back (it should have stayed there...)
Regards, Glottis

D

Dogsbody

From experience with my own scout i would use the following template

24 Longbow
23 Stealth
4 Thrust

This will allow maximum damage with the longbow, and with extras on the stealth ensures you will not be seen by ordinary targets, although some stealthers with 24 + extras will be able to see you while you will have difficulty seeing them.

If your stealth is lower you will be seen by enemy stealthers from quite a distance away... I saw it for myself when lvl 20 stealth infils/scouts wandered about... I could often see them from about 20 paces away

K

K0nah

23+5 bow 19+5 stealth (if u cant get items to give u +5 then u gotta train it so its 24 inc items) 15 thrust for the Beartooth style which gives a 3-4 second stun off a block, very nice style even at much higher lvls.

Do Beartooth > Puncture (backup) if Puncture goes off hit BloodyDance, if Beartooth goes off keep spamming the 2 style sequence till stun wears off. Or stun and run ;)

Beartooth uses like 3% enurance.

O

old.Eldric

Scouts sucks, go and roll another char....

H

Hit ^_^

logbow 24
shield 7
stelth 19-22
rest in thrust.

P

pitspawn

My BG scout is specced

24+4 Longbow
20+5 Stealth (WAY not high enough)
10+2 Shield
6+2 Thrust

I think i overdid the shield i wasnt thinking of making my scout for BG only. But high level shield helps when leveling, especially if you cant get agro off you when grouped :)

The stealth is so not high enough. I am frequently attacked by SB and NS, although they are all L24 (The ones that see me) i dont think L20s can spot me. I would max or very nearly max stealth and max bonuses on it too.

Thrust is pretty useless in BG. You do so little damage in melee you might as well not bother.

K

K0nah

assasins will see u when they get close no matter how high ur stealth spec is, thats why they get Detect Hidden ability at 16 trains in stealth. if your stealth isnt at lvl the distance they can see u from increases. alot of archers u can see from like 2-5m away cos they just havent specd stealth hi enuf. 24 (inc items) is hi enuf. dont use the regular routes and dont use obvious camp/snipe spots. be original, think out of the box and u will be more successful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom