LV50 mercenaries please answer this

O

old.mattshanes

Ok since i am nearing 50 with my alt mercenary crush spec i was wondering what would be better out of these 2?

1.50 CRUSH 44 DW 37 PARRY
2.44 CRUSH 50 DW 37 PARRY

Is 50 DW worth it?i have 44 at the moment and like the style a lot so i wanted to have highish parry to take advantage of it.I don't want replies like crush is nerfed next patch and crap,just pick number 1 or number 2 template and say why.

Thanks people.

K

K0nah

crush is nerfed next patch and crap.

the 50 dw style ownz and u get a 3% better chance to doublehit for free. how good is the 50 crush style? I wouldn't know.

O

old.mattshanes

Crush isnt crap you know,only thing is their is combos but if you look at the new damage table about every type of weapon is very balanced.Slash has more resists then crush,neutrals are the main thing crush has.

B

belth

50 DW. Flurry damage is based on DW/CD spec ;) Also, crush is better than slash just because everyone and their family is slash :p The 50 crush style looks nice, 9 sec stun & all, problem is that it's 2nd in a chain, which starts with a side-positional.

O

old.mattshanes

Ok i going to go 50 in both then seeing as our best lv50 crush merc(veralith atm) has never lost 1vs1 and he has 50/50/28 i beleive.:D

K

K0nah

Crush has a few things going for it. Main one is the slow offhander thats available. This allows u to use 2 slow weapons of equal speed thereby maximising ur dmg-over-time and doublehits, while also giving u a good "free" 0 delay frontloaded first swing. What crush doesnt have is Amy Slash. And bonus-to-hit will get rather important when shield/parry starts working.

Crush is neutral to hib casters, great. It doesn't matter what u hit em with they will drop fast :)
Crush gets a bonus on bards and rangers, good luck catching them both. Blademasters will hate u however and we all know how common they are :)
Crush gets a penalty to: Champion, Hero, Warden, Druid.

Neutral to the whole of mid: I'd sooner have something that has a 15% bonus to most of mid (chain) and thats thrust. A 30% bonus when u compare it with slash.

O

old.Wildfire

With my merc im either going to go 50 slash/DW, 28 parry, or 50 thrust/DW, 28 parry (probably slash). Chaining amys and diamonds together sounds like fun. Having to wait to evade before using dragonfang, does not.

O

old.mattshanes

Konah crush isnt slow with warmaces,3 spd isnt bad and they hit well,anyway i have to see how it fares in 1.52.Your idea is good having 30% bonus but you won't get the full whack out of your weapons since none will be spec to 50,then again only one can be if it is.

J

Jarahl Valinor

One of my guildies, Gwidoc Nightshade, LOVES the lvl 50 DW style... thats all I know :)

K

K0nah

I got +14 slash and +11 thrust and since its a law of diminishing returns sure speccing to 50 u get _a_little_ more dmg and a style. if u dont want or need the style then its a waste of points imo. the thing that changes this is crafted weapons, but with SC coming *real soon* aquiring +11+RR to any & every skill should be pretty easy...

O

old.mattshanes

Ok i am going for the 2nd template for 50 dw thanks people.

D

[DK]hakke

50 Crush / 50 DW / 27 parry / rest shield

i may go for this instead, wanna be able defend myself from an Archer..

Crush isn't really nerfed, just brought back to earth.
And feather light granite hammer have 2.2 SPD..

K

K0nah

A large negative to dmg vs Hero/Champ/Warden isn't a nerf?
Personally I look for all the help I can get vs those classes. Slash offers a large bonus. The slow speeds _possible_ with crush are a bonus not a drawback. Crush/Thrust/Slash who cares as long as u have fun with ur Merc eh :D

F

Flimgoblin

Crush was better than the other two damage types... now it's about even - I guess that counts as a nerf :)

Same way the invincible sniper of doom turning into scout/ranger/hunter was a nerf *ducks the hail of arrows from Odysseus*

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom