Lucid dreaming

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
It's back in the papers, potentially the greatest escape for the human condition and more time consuming than al the drugs in the world together, if we could perfect it, we might as well ditch the real world. I 've had it twice in my life, suddenly realising I was dreaming and both times I used it to fly around the 'scenes' that my mind was creating, they were perfect in every detail, right down hairs on someone's face. Each time though I felt myself waking up and tried to stop it, but couldn't.
Anyone gone lucid?

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
All the time, about half of my dreams I have an element of control over too.

I am always wondering what the time is in my dream too, how long have I got until I have to get up. I imagine a clock in the dream and often it is correct when I check my phone. Though sometimes I check my imagined clock against an imagined phone and then remember that the phone is also dreamt so have to wake up to check properly.

I start dreaming very quickly after falling asleep, often half in the waking world and half in dream. I can have conversations with people while I am asleep for the first half an hour or so. My mates used to love it when I was at sleep overs or whatever as a kid.

I only sleep for shortish periods at night, 6 hours is a lie-in, I can touch the pillow with my head and be asleep in under a minute and be awake instantly in the morning, I don't usually struggle at all to get up or think clearly first thing in the morning.

Last edited:

rynnor

Rockhound
In normal dreams where the brain is replaying bits and pieces of the day I am able to take control and replay them in a better form. So say if something angers/scares/annoys you in the original dream I can replay it with control over the plot so that it resolves as I wish - its quite relaxing.

I'm not sure lucid dreaming really conveys it properly - its more like the conscious part of the brain has taken over from the sub-conscious.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
When I was a child I would lucid dream all the fucking time.

Then I hit teen years and stopped being able to sleep properly at all, which came with dreamless (obviously not but essentially so when you know nothing of them) sleep. Now I very rarely dream much at all - certainly only ever have the tiniest snippets of stuff. Haven't been able to tell you a dream narrative for over 15 years. Used to have all kinds of brilliant lucid dreams.

mooSe_

FH is my second home
My dreams are always vague, disjointed and nonsensical. I can't really imagine being asleep and having a dream that was consistent and visually detailed. In my dreams objects are mostly really vague and people are kinda represented by a few features/ideas that I remember that person by; I never really see anyone in any detail at all.

I have no control over them either; sometimes I will feel like I have some kind of task or goal that I need to complete but the circumstances and people I'm with in the dream will change without me realising and I'll forget what it was that I was trying to do.

Job

My dreams are mostly like that, they act out like a movie, with the perspective changing from myself, to looking above and then to someone else watching me. Everything I start to do changes without me realising it has until I wake up and remember the whole dream.
I can be in the middle of being chased down by some evil force, run around a corner and talking to a few people about a tree they're cutting down and start helping them.

adams901

Can't get enough of FH
Only ever happened a couple of times and neither time could I control the dream even though I knew I was asleep.

Worse one for me was when I was a kid. In my dream someone kidnapped me and locked me in a room, at some point I knew it was a dream and was thinking of how I could wake myself up, but was worried that if I made a noise and didn't wake up my kidnapper would come back.

Cant say I enjoyed that experience.

had a dream the other night that was weird, a group of people were in an elevator, something went wrong and just as we were about to die I was suddenly standing outside the elevator. The doors opened to show a load of bodies with their heads on the floor, including mine. Wasnt Lucid but was strange.

I used to have loads of dreams where I could fly, or breathe under water, used to love those... havent had either for years :(

Tom

I am a FH squatter
I always used to dream I was flying down the stairs when I was a child. Was fantastic. I sometimes used to dream that the Benny Hill man from the Sugar Puffs adverts was staring at me through the window, didn't enjoy those ones so much.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Been doing it for years, though on purpose so i get into the dream lucid. Can't really get a good night sleep like that as your brain can't rest, but it's fun as f*ck.

Jeros

Part of the furniture
I don't dream anymore, pretty much stopped dreaming at 22.

Is that wired?

:edit: I should say, to be psychologically accurate, I don't REMEMBER dreaming.

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
I always used to dream I was flying down the stairs when I was a child. Was fantastic. I sometimes used to dream that the Benny Hill man from the Sugar Puffs adverts was staring at me through the window, didn't enjoy those ones so much.

mcgee01.jpg

Nate

FH is my second home
I used to get dreams where I'd fall off the side of a building and be falling for ages, then WHAM! smack in the concrete pavement(I don't know, it always was) and on contact wake up. The matress always felt like the concrete in that instant :D

I used to look forwards to those for the peculiar feeling of the matress.

Nate

FH is my second home
I'm sure I've posted that a few times now. Dejavu?!?!

gunner440

Hey Daddy Altman
I once had a dream that I was dreaming while dreaming. Then stuff exploded.

adams901

Can't get enough of FH
I have had that, again as a kid. In my dream I woke up, everything felt real, could smell the air, feel the sun. Walking to school I noticed something wasnt quite right (people walking around with their heads under their arm). then I woke up again wondering if I was really awake or still asleep.

Job

Obviously I 'm looking for them to find the spot and make an external switch so you can instantly plug your dreams into your higher consciousness and turn on the greatest reality simulator in the universe, then I can store my body in vat and fuck off to to explore my imagination..should take two weeks.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Obviously I 'm looking for them to find the spot and make an external switch so you can instantly plug your dreams into your higher consciousness and turn on the greatest reality simulator in the universe, then I can store my body in vat and fuck off to to explore my imagination..should take two weeks.

One dream lasts a fraction of a second, longer maybe 2 seconds :p

Job

excellent, that means I can 'live' in my dreams for about 500x the life of my body and if I kept that in some warm vat of liquid, running on tick over, free from all ageing compounds, maybe I could get that up to 150 years, just need something to keep my brain from dementia etc.
Ring me when they've discovered it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom