LPB's!

O

old.MIR.NYET

if you think you are getting bad abuse, you really should be in my shoes... most people love me... to death at times.... the list is long and boring, best thing to do is laugh, but not too hard as it spoils your railing
redface.gif
).. had a bunch of clowns tonight try and gang up on me... most fun I have had for ages... why worry it is only low ping envy...
redface.gif
)

O

old.Delboy

Must admit Mir, you've got a ping that would beat what people get on LAN's. Which PROBABLY makes people wonder why you are on public servers in the company of pedestrain connections in the first place.

Anytime I see you, I'd probably make a dive for the railgun as often as possible , cos once you've got that you flatten the place.

I guess ppl wouldn't be that bothered by a ping of 60 as they would be by your ping 20-ish.

O

old.Delboy

Best thing to do is just wsitch the messagemode off and make giblets out of them.

O

old.[PSX]Gozza

MIR - are you one of the guys from Intelligent Games?

Wish we had the same liberal internet usage policies as you
smile.gif

O

old.s@xon

Penge is where I spent most of yesterday getting pissed
smile.gif

Much better than Brentford(& sprouts for that matter
smile.gif
)

[PYRO]s@xon

O

old.[DCC]Chipmunk

I've just joined the LPB ranks and don't get any abuse. Then again - i am crap.

[DCC]Chipmunk

O

old.[GBH]Hyena

it strikes me that the only reason we strive to become LPB's is because we are scared of our inadiquecy (spelt wrongly) and if the only way you can win is by having a faster connectiion then you should be shot through the head and spamed because you are the scum of the earth and it is not on the spirit of the game.

So there.

O

old.FingerMagnet

Long ago when I was young and naive I brought a winmodem. D'oh, big mistake! Playing Q2 as a HPB is not fun. LPB have a hugh advantage, true skill is an important factor. But when you turn round a corner and come face to face with another quaker, its a matter of a) who has the more powerful short range weapon and b) who can fire their weapon off first. For the later LPBs always win over HPBs (unless they are really poor). Since I ripped that winmodem out and replaced it with a spanky pace modem my ping has dropped and so have my q2 foes! Winning still doesn't come ez. My ping is around the 140ish mark, so I'm not exactly a LPB but the benefits of a lower ping is very obvious to me. As for comments from certain HPBs, cussing LPBs just ignore it. Or just keep chasing the HPB with a blaster and laugh at their pathetic attempts to shot you!

Ok, this is probably isn't making much sense. Methinks i should be heading off to bed now.

------------------
FingerMagnet@Pakistans.com

O

old.SilverSurfer

Well what a lot of views. I too play play both on a LP and a HP, and get slaughtered on both.
Though I am getting better with practise. Online gaming is not something I really get into because of the phone bill. Having now changed ISP that has changed. And the fact that work has a low ping gives me games from both sides.
Any way thanks for the read!

O

old.[GA]Kryten

Just a thought, seperate LPB/HPW servers? It might work, just dunno
smile.gif
Im hpb, tho my new modem gives me pings of 110-130 with which i am very happy, since i was gonna get isdn
smile.gif

LPB players are normal ppl too. The same as HPW players in fact. Yes, they may have more money and a leased line to there house, but no matter, they are still human (exceptions go here for Saddam Hussein and my brother)
Why cant lpbs be treated like other players
wink.gif
They should be.

------------------
**[GA]Kryten**
redalert@barrysworld.co.uk
Q2BAttleUK Co Webmaster
q2battleuk@barrysworld.com

O

old.{tfc}ted

I think a lot of HPW's are missing the point here. I've been an LPB since November or so last year. But even before this, I was a "decent" player. The only thing i found frustrating was when your on Defence and an LPB got the flag, they could get back to base sooo much faster and efficiently than a modemmer. AS far as railing battles, its true that an LPB will prolly shoot a lot more shots than an HPW but they STILL have to be accurate! MY brother 8_Ball, is prolly one of the best HPW railers in the LMCTF scene and hes been on modem from scratch, so its not a case of connection, its a matter of skill. Whilst playing the game with a rail, an LPB's action is a lot faster than that compared with modem. I have constantly watched 8_ball railing and thought to myself "my god look at all that time to aim!"

As far as the connection is concerned, a *LOT* of LPB's are LPB's because they are dedicated to the game and are prepared to pay the money for this connection. I dont believe that they get it to 0wn the rest of the players, but merely to get rid of the frustrating lagg! I know i did.
But being an LPB does not mean your a good player, I have seen loads of LPB's and SLPB's who to be honest are shite! The LPB's out there now are good because they have put a lot of time and effort into their play. Lets be honest, if you only play at weekends, you cannot justify the expense of ISDN so its the lack of playing time that makes you a lesser player than LPB's not the connection.

thoughts anyone?

TED

------------------
{TFC} TED
www.barrysworld.com/tfc

O

old.{tfc}ted

I think a lot of HPW's are missing the point here. I've been an LPB since November or so last year. But even before this, I was a "decent" player. The only thing i found frustrating was when your on Defence and an LPB got the flag, they could get back to base sooo much faster and efficiently than a modemmer. AS far as railing battles, its true that an LPB will prolly shoot a lot more shots than an HPW but they STILL have to be accurate! MY brother 8_Ball, is prolly one of the best HPW railers in the LMCTF scene and hes been on modem from scratch, so its not a case of connection, its a matter of skill. Whilst playing the game with a rail, an LPB's action is a lot faster than that compared with modem. I have constantly watched 8_ball railing and thought to myself "my god look at all that time to aim!"

As far as the connection is concerned, a *LOT* of LPB's are LPB's because they are dedicated to the game and are prepared to pay the money for this connection. I dont believe that they get it to 0wn the rest of the players, but merely to get rid of the frustrating lagg! I know i did.
But being an LPB does not mean your a good player, I have seen loads of LPB's and SLPB's who to be honest are shite! The LPB's out there now are good because they have put a lot of time and effort into their play. Lets be honest, if you only play at weekends, you cannot justify the expense of ISDN so its the lack of playing time that makes you a lesser player than LPB's not the connection.

thoughts anyone?

TED

------------------
{TFC} TED
www.barrysworld.com/tfc

O

old.SkunkBunny

my ability to play is directly related to how stoned i am. . .regardless of my "ping"

. . .and of how good the other players are.
smile.gif

O

old.Monyet

Mir you bast you been icq'ing my gf dodgy messages?

GRRRRRRR

O

old.Cenuij

Personally I dont mind playing most LPB's. If you dont moan at them then generally they arent cunts towards you. Most LPB's would acknowledge that the reduced ping does give them an advantage, only the uber thick ppl would actually suggest the laws of physics and known scientific fact on human rection time are wrong, and that their low ping is in fact detremental to their gameplay
wink.gif

What I try and avoid, however is playing directly against an LPB who will use the two things that give a skillfull LPB an exagerated advantage.
<UL TYPE=SQUARE>
<LI>The Railgun
<LI>The Chaingun
[/list]

With the exeption of the BFG, which I doubt you will see in any good duel match, the Railgun and the Chaingun are probably imo the strongest weapons in the game. They are also vastly more effective to use (not that the chainer is difficult to use mind) with a lower ping. I think that anyone who would like to argue that this isn't the case should do so in a seperate thread, where I can completely crush their argument with plenty of scientific fact.

This is not of course to say that you dont need skill at all to use the railgun with a low ping, merely that its easier.

So really this means avoiding skillful LPB's in a duel situation. They will try and use the two weapons that bring out the most advantage of their ping and reliable connection. If its just a random punter LPB then go ahead and play him, he prolly won't constantly rail/chain you and you will probably have quite a fun match. Unless of course it's an aliaser, in which case you should just smile in the knowledge the person your playing has an inferiority complex, they cannot play against most players with their real handle for ph34r 0f b3|n9 0wn3d.

If you have any gripes about playing LPB's on public servers then here's a thought for you. STFU!, public means all of us, period. Go find a server with some newbie llamas (wireplay is a good bet) and fill your boots with your bad rocket shots, worse rail shots and BFG/Crouching/Running away with my Doc or Amp Tech/Shooting my PS down even tho your on my team/LAG FFS!!!!/ OI I HAD A PJ!!!, I know I shot you anyway you cunt/general lameness tactics. Or play QW.

In a clan match , if you aint got the same amount of LPB's on your side, its your fault. I dont care how good the LPB's on the other side are, I expect my LPB's to do their best to back me up
smile.gif

Cen

O

old.Stu

Some good points there m8. Personally I try not to use the Chaingun in duels because I feel that it is too powerful and is extremely annoying for anyone with a ping 3 times higher than your own. Although I do use the Railgun (or try to).

The thing that annoys me most is that although you do have a ping 2 or 3 times lower than your opponent you do still need to be able to make the best of your advantage, like when you first get ISDN or a lower ping your whole game goes out the window, where you used to aim isnt where you now do and fps you use arent the same.

Ok enough of me making absolutly no sense what so ever , Im off to go Chaingun and Rail HPWs ...
smile.gif

------------------
Sturty
NC Homepage IRC-#ClanNC
ICQ-18827848
Stu@rtyoung.freeserve.co.uk

M

Mr Lee

WB~ (Right at the start of this topic
smile.gif
), I've gotta ask, who mailed you to tell you to back off?

O

old.FingerMagnet

Hehe, If ya can't beat them join them!

My trusty Pace modem has served me well, but due to many reasons I have decided to get HH. So I can finally see how good those LPBs really are
smile.gif
My only concern is that everyone will think that I am winning because of my ping. This will definitely take some of the satisfaction out of beating everyone when I was a HP'r.

So ISDN can be a double edge sword.
frown.gif

------------------
FingerMagnet@Pakistans.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom