Lowbie Reaver looking for advice

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
Greetings all,

Been playing hib/excali since release and once rolled a little reaver a while ago and got him to 24.

Sick of excali in general so was considering going back to Albion on prydwen but I was wondering if a Reaver is a good choice of class for rvr?

I want to lvl a character all the way, ToA etc, but am uncertain which class to play now that NF is around. Considering an infili, cleric or a fire wiz, but could use some advice.

Also, any nice guild around that would consider taking in a lowbie, but very experienced player?

Afran

Part of the furniture
Reaver are currently pretty much easy-mode :p They have the ML-line "bombs", rr5, and can get the TWF RA, they do loads of damage and have nice utility, there are a lot of "bomb" groups consisiting of mainly reavers going about atm.

Infil's are more for soloing, unless you're going to be a zerging **** xD, but they're fun.

Cleric are obviously a support-class, and atm pry/alb needs them xS

Fire wiz lack utility, but do insane damage, just group with Sycho's wiz to know that xD

As for guilds, there's a lot of lowbie guilds around atm :p

Jordie

Fledgling Freddie
Afran said:
Reaver are currently pretty much easy-mode :p They have the ML-line "bombs", rr5, and can get the TWF RA, they do loads of damage and have nice utility, there are a lot of "bomb" groups consisiting of mainly reavers going about atm.

Infil's are more for soloing, unless you're going to be a zerging **** xD, but they're fun.

Cleric are obviously a support-class, and atm pry/alb needs them xS

Fire wiz lack utility, but do insane damage, just group with Sycho's wiz to know that xD

As for guilds, there's a lot of lowbie guilds around atm :p

don't forget to get the so called "easymode" you have to get to ml8 + rr5 which in itself is not easy ;)

Ilum

Can't get enough of FH
Reaver is a nice class - most Albion classes are at the end of the day.

Mauness

Can't get enough of FH
"Cleric are obviously a support-class, and atm pry/alb needs them xS"

This is totally not true, i cant get a single group as my cleric, just get ignored all the time, so if i was you stay clear of a cleric

Brolundar

One of Freddy's beloved
Afran said:

Aha, Reaver is indeed a nice Char. But you cant reduce him to features wich need rr4 (TWF3) or rr5 or ML8 Banelord.

But normally a reavers fate is like this:
Before NF no rvr groups because no Determination, after NF no rvr groups because no rr5 ...

Case

Fledgling Freddie
Level what ever you like mate, reavers are a very good option now with every tank getting end regen pretty much makes Paladins redundant. Why take a paladin who can deal 120 a hit on a good day when you can have a Reaver dealing 500+ per hit take a few end regen pots with you and bobs your uncle :)

In my opinion the most fun classes to play are Cleric, Cabalist, Sorc and Reaver so I'd reccomend any of these to a newby to alb. Cabalist would probably be best for a beginner as sorc get a rough deal in RvR trying to get that mez in first or you all die, so a bit of pressure ;)

Our guild are still recruiting, however, due to recent influx of new people we're only taking level 44+ and with 2 current guild members able to vouch for them :)

Ruvinan MadeInDenmark

Fledgling Freddie
I love my reaver and it aint that hard to find groups in RvR, just port to nearest battle, flag yourself as lfg and from time to time ask if some1 got room..... Usually work for me, if it dosnt ill just run around and solo (i usually die alot, but hey, at least i get a few rp :p )

About guilds i can only recommend Hand of Chaos :worthy:
A friendly based guild on the move, website: www.handofchaos.net
Just register and type a little about yourself or contact a member in game :)

:drink: /Cheers

Lollie

Loyal Freddie
Hiya Tallen :) its ilaya here so dont be fooled by the username.. just using my bro's pc for the mo.. hehe

Reavers are nice yeah :) think of a more offensive version of my ikkle shield champ with ra's geared towards that spec and not towards a LW champ.. if u get my meaning..

mine is lvl 41 atm and rising.. takes more damage than ilaya in hand to hand but also dishes more out.. so its a balancing act really. i like it tbh :) and i hear that 50 flex move is niice.. so more to come arf arf.

..and as for this rr5/ml8 thing.. thats for top end groups aint it? im sure there's groups out there that dont ask for stuff like that.. would be a sad state of affairs if there wasnt wouldnt it? gotta get groups for rp's to get to rr5 etc after all..

Case

Fledgling Freddie
Aye thats only for the l33t rvr groups get a good guild and dont worry about it :)

Luperyn

Fledgling Freddie
Reavers are great ye, speaking out of own experience.
With a decent set you can do pretty good solo'n <thats what i do most of the time since KF needs to start running fg's again>. Recently dinged rr5 and i need ml6 for the ml8 bombing. Also got the fotm twf3. And for the moment i am battlemaster untill ml8. Can practicly win vs any melee class atm. Pop twf, hope they run, to simply slam levia. And if they dont and your low hp just grapple awey ;D.

Soester

Fledgling Freddie
reavers is a great class in rvr cause the can dot (interrupt caster), LT
They have auras to reveal stealthers and a lvl 50 spec could be 50 flex, 50 shield, rest in soul

and u r welcome to join ruvinans and mine guild just go on webpage and throw a msg to us

Adorith

Fledgling Freddie
If you're moving to alb/pryd without infrastructure (guild/lots of friends) and plan on doing anything solo, dont go firewiz. Sure, you can hadoken casters if your bolts happen to hit and crit, but you have no way to avoid a fight you dont want to fight and no way of gaining initiative once someone starts interrupting you. This is a lot worse if you're unbuffed as I am. Unless I have buffs, my lvl 24 sorc generally does more good than my RR5 wiz. :(

Case

Fledgling Freddie
50 flex 42 shield 36 soulrending

or autotrain

50 flex 42 shield 41 soulrending

IMO :)

Soester

Fledgling Freddie
my wizz (soester) have 3 bolts, my final spec is 50 fire, 20 earth, 4 ice and i some few ra and can kill a enemy in rvrv with 3 bolts + few nukes, sometimes just with bolts if target aint out of rabnge ofc

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom