Lowbie Artis / Bad Idea

knighthood

Fledgling Freddie
and u want to know why ? 2 major reasons....

1. Wtf is up with the respawn timers on the new artis ffs , 24+hours for Gem of lost memories , 10+ hours for orions which isnt even a friggin 100% drop, and as for the soddin ring, seems bugged to hell for most people !! cant give him the neckie :p ... christ mythic if your going to make artis to benefit the lowbies among us, can u at least make it slightly possible to even get them and make sure they work.

2. Hmmm getting the arti for your alt r u ? strange... dont see your alt with u for credit <yes true maybe it does have credit, but with the repop/camping of these artis pffft i think thats rare> , so your camping it to sell cos its rare, good for u .. , someone i know payed 6p for orions.. thanks.. nice for making artis that can actually help people impossible to get...

sigh... yes i dont give a flying funk if this is yet another whine, cos for once its defending the lowbie population , so flame me i dont give a toss tbh..

and stop camping them 24/7 , get a life, u couldve lvled your alt 10 lvls in the time it takes u to get the arti , or lol, even better wasted god knows how many hours of your life for nothing :D

rant off :flame:

Whisperess

Can't get enough of FH
knighthood said:
christ mythic if your going to make artis to benefit the lowbies among us, can u at least make it slightly possible to even get them and make sure they work.
Mythic doesn't read these boards. Goa do, and they aren't in control of the implementation of artifacts.

knighthood said:
a flying funk
/dance

Kaun_IA

Fledgling Freddie
im not getting eny of those low arties couse it takes goddam long to get one.

im not a fag who sits there 24h or so and then the mob will on drop it.

ok i did it once but not enymore.

i got i life u know(it sucks enyhow)

Ballard

Fledgling Freddie
knighthood said:
and u want to know why ? 2 major reasons....

1. Wtf is up with the respawn timers on the new artis ffs , 24+hours for Gem of lost memories , 10+ hours for orions which isnt even a friggin 100% drop, and as for the soddin ring, seems bugged to hell for most people !! cant give him the neckie :p ... christ mythic if your going to make artis to benefit the lowbies among us, can u at least make it slightly possible to even get them and make sure they work.

2. Hmmm getting the arti for your alt r u ? strange... dont see your alt with u for credit <yes true maybe it does have credit, but with the repop/camping of these artis pffft i think thats rare> , so your camping it to sell cos its rare, good for u .. , someone i know payed 6p for orions.. thanks.. nice for making artis that can actually help people impossible to get...

sigh... yes i dont give a flying funk if this is yet another whine, cos for once its defending the lowbie population , so flame me i dont give a toss tbh..

and stop camping them 24/7 , get a life, u couldve lvled your alt 10 lvls in the time it takes u to get the arti , or lol, even better wasted god knows how many hours of your life for nothing :D

rant off :flame:

LOL you are joking right??

Within a week of NF go live I got orions belt for two of my toons. It has dropped twice off two kills. I have NEVER camped it. Just check every now and again, you are foolish if you camp it. Try logging in at 6am GMT or something every now and again Most times it has been up for me at that time.

It makes levelling a bit easier so was definetly worth it. Took about 2 hours to farm 3 complete scroll books and probably a total or 1-1.5 hours spent looking for the arti to get it twice.

I would definitely recommend it for casters. Combined with the other gem that the mob drops my lowbie caster had +5% cast speed. definetly an advantage for pve and the bg's.

Loosey

Fledgling Freddie
ive killed Peridas 15 times with no drop... so u got lucky... its totally random.. perma camped by level 50's.. what chance does a lowbie have of getting it? next to none, just because you were lucky and got it twice dont mean everyone else was... i got Mad Tales 3o3 on my first kill.. doesnt mean it easy to get tho.

Ballard

Fledgling Freddie
Loosey said:
ive killed Peridas 15 times with no drop... so u got lucky... its totally random.. perma camped by level 50's.. what chance does a lowbie have of getting it? next to none, just because you were lucky and got it twice dont mean everyone else was... i got Mad Tales 3o3 on my first kill.. doesnt mean it easy to get tho.

Hmm i know other people that have got it 100% of the time as well. Weird you must be really unlucky :( What level are you? Maybe there is some weird calculation for the drop chance. Both times I have killed it with a 50 grped with an alt.

Perma camped? what realm are you playing? It is often camped on hib excali but generally not very early in the morning.

I dont see why a 50 would have any advantage over someone lvl 38 or so in getting the arti. You are just as capable of camping and soloing the arti at that level.

Loosey

Fledgling Freddie
level 50... nothing special.. it definately ISNT 100% drop rate.. you just got very lucky.. same with Gem of Lost Memories too done that one 4 times and no drop.. and Alb Excal is perma camped.

Ballard

Fledgling Freddie
I guess there are advantages to not playing albion ;)

1.71 we will also get more free levels yay!

Youre not using a pet to kill it are you? Might be safer doing it the old fashion way. Mind you if youre getting credit then that shouldnt be a problem.

In the patch notes of 1.73 it notes that the drop rate of these two arties has been increased a lot. I guess they werent anticipating the difficulty that some people are having :( Damn im really pleased that i got it twice now i dont envy people having to camp that arty.

Loosey

Fledgling Freddie
Ballard said:
I guess there are advantages to not playing albion ;)

1.71 we will also get more free levels yay!

Youre not using a pet to kill it are you? Might be safer doing it the old fashion way. Mind you if youre getting credit then that shouldnt be a problem.

In the patch notes of 1.73 it notes that the drop rate of these two arties has been increased a lot. I guess they werent anticipating the difficulty that some people are having :( Damn im really pleased that i got it twice now i dont envy people having to camp that arty.

aye dumping my level 50s and moving to hib later on with Loosey my main, not sure what im gonna make yet.. but boy is it gonna be hard with no cash =(

knighthood

Fledgling Freddie
Whisperess said:
Mythic doesn't read these boards. Goa do, and they aren't in control of the implementation of artifacts.

/dance

lol i wasnt saying it to them cos theyd read this, it was just a statement of anger towards the designers :p

done peridas for credit once and it didnt drop then , seen it killed 4 times no drop, NEVER seen the gem even up though :( , and yes alb excalibur does have campers almost 24/7 even at 5am u get people there

on the +side i got Ring of Unyealding will today , doesnt seem that hard to get tbh.. its just not that good an arti either hehe

Eredrin

Fledgling Freddie
I been camping gem of lost memories ALOT with one of my 50s, not to sell it but to use it. It's actually a pretty nice tank jewel, and it's a breeze to lvl unlike DS.
Anyways, killed the mob about 10-12 times after countless hours of camping, and still no drop. so ye, it sucks...

Whisperess

Can't get enough of FH
knighthood said:
its just not that good an arti either hehe
The charges are quite lovely while leveling up solo, if you don't have a buffbot. Guess it fills its purpose :)

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Shanaia said:
The whines are SO stlong in this thread
Thing is they are right, spawn times for these lowbie items is daft, and 50's camping them is even more daft, more greed than ever. I for one am sick of going to an arti spot to find the same arseholes camping it with 10 on their CMs for extortionate amounts of cash. If you dont want it, piss off camping it IMO.

Jacilja

Fledgling Freddie
old.Whoodoo said:
Thing is they are right, spawn times for these lowbie items is daft, and 50's camping them is even more daft, more greed than ever. I for one am sick of going to an arti spot to find the same arseholes camping it with 10 on their CMs for extortionate amounts of cash. If you dont want it, piss off camping it IMO.

just got belt for my hunter, due to time restriction, no way could got it if not for kind guildys lev 50 warrior taking over camping the mob after i was forced to log to collect kid from school :) (already had credit due to us geting his hunter arti 2 days earlier)

ps: I hate idea of prats camping arti over and over just to bloody sell it, even if you pay there daft price you still got try find encounter up just to get credit!

knighthood

Fledgling Freddie
btw i take back my comment about the ring of unyealding will , the lvl 10 proc kicks ass :p trust me, even for a lvl 50 it kicks ass
get it

Jacilja

Fledgling Freddie
knighthood said:
btw i take back my comment about the ring of unyealding will , the lvl 10 proc kicks ass :p trust me, even for a lvl 50 it kicks ass
get it

got it and its procing like mad with sharks chewing my arse off exp mariashas shark gloves :)

Osri

Fledgling Freddie
Camped GOLM for 38 hours about...then went for dreamsphere which was damn easy to get atleast :p

Painbringer

Fledgling Freddie
never seen any of them up when looked with my lowbie alts, always camped by lvl 50's but then imo you can't 'camp' or 'claim' an arti just coz you been waiting for it to pop for hours with a bb. imo whoever pulls first, gets it. still very sad to see lvl 50's camping it 24/7 just to sell or whatever, the stats on them arent that great for a lvl 50 anyway :flame: not nearly as sad as ppl selling full skill respec stones for 15-20p+ :flame: :flame:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom