Low fps

O

old.David_4321

Is it just be or is the game running a bit slow for everyone?

P4 1.4ghz
128mb RDRAM
Geforce 3 ti200
Windows 98se
Direct x 8.1

O

old.Gombur Glodson

I had some weird fps bug with win2k, but after I switched to winxp it hasnt popped up...try tweaking your gfx card a bit ect..

S

snox

I have some probs with this to,

i have a ..
Atholn xp 1600+
Gf2 ti200 64 mb ddr
256 mb ddr ram
Winxp

And almost everytime i RvR and there are more then 30 ppl on my screen my screnn locks up for 30sec maby so when i can move the battel is over many times,,

When i RvR i but resulotion on 800*600 and /effects none

and tips ?

O

old.Gombur Glodson

some tips:
/effects none or /effects self
press shitf + n to remove names
remove your cloak (this is kinda annoying yes)
press tab

O

old.David_4321

any other tweaks?

anyone got any good sites for tweaking DAOC?

O

old.HiredGoon

for geforce users: download Nvidias detonator drivers at

www.nvidia.com

for non-geforce users:

buy a geforce, and start over in this post :p

O

old.arneduck

Ofcource the game is going to run slow in big battles on a GF2 MX200 (you wrote Ti200 but ment MX200 right?)... No news there mate.

S

snox

Originally posted by arneduck
Ofcource the game is going to run slow in big battles on a GF2 MX200 (you wrote Ti200 but ment MX200 right?)... No news there mate.

I meant Hercules 3D Prophet GF2 Ti200 64 mb ddr ram

tahts what it says on the box =)

Edit: The Ti stands For Titanuim, And they made some Gf2 with that chipset to i think =)

C

ceixava

try getting more memory for starters.. 128MB is not even enough to run the basic operating systems these days :p

S

SFXman

I have to agree on the memory part.... I mean I have 256mb but I am very sure that I will be getting another 265mb or even 512mb more sometime during the summer. Memory is always a plus especially when multitasking.
But... the game runs slow in huge RvR battles for just about ANY setup.

S

Sazyasha

Fps rocks, had a sweet incident with my fire wiz the other day which included a green con nymph grove containing bout 6 critters.

Thought I'd try out the AE DD for once... it went something like.

Buff up.
Hit AE DD key...
See your hand starting to make the gesture, as you thrust your hand forward as to release the DD the game freezes..
1...2...3............10... secs later it unfreezes... I had bout 5% HP and 6 small greencon nymphs had been whacking me for what seemed a million years as I was frozen.

Well I died, and it made me laugh... to get such PL/FPS lag from an AE spell, how the heck will I be able to cast one on the mids later on :(

S

SFXman

vajb, yup. Wait till some mids casts their weird hammer/spear/blue ball thing spells in RvR on a huge group of albs :)
Pretty much chokes your computer till it is purple.

O

old.David_4321

Originally posted by ceixava
try getting more memory for starters.. 128MB is not even enough to run the basic operating systems these days :p

yeah but im running windows 98se, which doesn't require that much memory

plus many, many other games run fine ie

Tribes 2
Quake 3 - I even reach 270fps in q3 at 1024x768, everything on and full
MOHAA
RTCW

S

Sazyasha

SFXman>
All I got from RvR was 2 frames :) troll frame, and dead frame :)

If you don't count my scout, got a few RPs with him, but that's from soloing Yggdra :)

O

old.Arnor

some tips:
/effects none or /effects self
press shitf + n to remove names
remove your cloak (this is kinda annoying yes)
press tab

Oh, you forgot the best trick:
Remove all your armour, weapons and jewelery, spend all your power and sit down.

:m00:

O

old.Gombur Glodson

and walk away from your computer for 5 minutes

O

old.ElDiablo

Well there is no GF 2 Ti 200 only GF 2 Ti. If u have a Ti 200 then its a Gf 3 Ti 200 and not GF 2 MX 200.

K

Krillin

game is a nightmare to run sometimes in terms of FPS,

running a XP 1500 @ 1800
GF4 ti 4400
512 DDR

and i can get horrific slowdown sometimes

every other game zips along :/

D

deadparrot

I'm running:
XP1800
GF3 Ti 200
512 ddr ram
Win XP pro

I noticed a cause of poor fps(other that loads of pple in an area) is ae dd spells, makes mass rvr a pain.

I'm only running on a 56k, so i was wondering if its stuggling to send all that information through it and so causing my fps prob?

Anyone on cable that can help answer that?

If its not then this game is more of a system hog than tribes 2 :m00:

O

old.Xarr

as far as i know bandwidth can never limit your fps deadparrot. however having a very sluggish fps can worsen your latency. hope you see what i mean :)

S

SFXman

Deadparrot, bandwidth will not limit FPS... I doub this since on my cable I get huge slowdowns aswell. This game is just very well optimized for huge hoardes of player characters all doing their spells etc...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom