Lotto system.

K

kathal_tdd

There are some problems at lottorys at TG and other raids.
I was considering if it could be done this way:
  1. Raid-leader make a list of ppl attending the raid. (+48 or what the ppl need to be to roll for an item)
  2. Ppl PM what char they will nominate. (Raid-leader add it to the list)
  3. Kick the mobs @$$.
  4. Raid-leader or whoever is in charge of the drops macro and spam the drops.
  5. Raid-leader "/random 100" for ALL ppl on the raid and add whatever they have from hunts in the past (+10 etc.).
  6. Raid-leader note the numbers and tell Highest number in the CG.
  7. The person with the highest number pick an item.
  8. Raid-leader tells the second highest number in CG.
  9. The person with the second highest number pick an item.
  10. Repeate till there are no items/stones left.
    [/list=1]
    There would be no rerolls and nobody getting 2 items. And it would take no time.

Just an idea. Comment plz :)

A

Archeon

tbh i prefer it when each item is lotto'd for individually. It takes more effort and time on the raid leaders part, but then it gives people who attended a much better chance at winning the item they want.

The other problem with that system is that as you get closer to the end you'l eventually get to a point where people are having to take items which are of no use to them because what they wanted has been taken already - e.g. A Warrior walking away with a Skald helm, he has no Skald alt and such. Cannot use the item.

Inevitably he's gonna sell it. which isn't too fair on the X number of skalds who went on the raid and got nothing.

Those are just my thoughts on it anyway. :)

K

kathal_tdd

Originally posted by Archeon
it gives people who attended a much better chance at winning the item they want.
Wrong. They can get a +10 for the next raid and in the end they WILL be nr 1 on the list.

The other problem with that system is that as you get closer to the end you'l eventually get to a point where people are having to take items which are of no use to them because what they wanted has been taken already
NOOOT!!! Why pick an item you dont need when you can get a +10 for the next raid???

A Warrior walking away with a Skald helm, he has no Skald alt and such. Cannot use the item.
No. You can vote for the char you are playing on the hunt OR the char nominated. So a Warrior cant get the item if he hasent nominated a Skald.
Inevitably he's gonna sell it. which isn't too fair on the X number of skalds who went on the raid and got nothing.
If he really want an item he can use he should take the +10.

This is a simple, fast and fair system and that whats needed.

A

Archeon

Originally posted by kathal_tdd
Wrong. They can get a +10 for the next raid and in the end they WILL be nr 1 on the list.

Thats going on the assumption the person is willing to wait that long. Considering the average TG raid draws at the least 40 people (5fg), the boss mobs drop 2 drops each (not including stones in this btw), and assuming none of them have been focus pulled which is increasingly becomeing the case these days :(. Your looking at 10 people, if not more walking away with +10 mods. Could take a while for the system to work out and the people to get Nr1 on the list.

No. You can vote for the char you are playing on the hunt OR the char nominated. So a Warrior cant get the item if he hasent nominated a Skald.

Ahh, ok. Didn't notice that bit sorry :)

But then it raises the question. What if sombody wins but they don't want a +10 mods. They'd prefer an item (and there are no items they can use)

If he really want an item he can use he should take the +10.

NOOOT!!! Why pick an item you dont need when you can get a +10 for the next raid???

One word, Greed. I'm not saying there arn't some people with Morals or anything like that, i'm just saying the average John Smith will probably take/demand the item and sell it rather than wait X number of weeks for his chance to get the pick of the crop.

Overall its probably a better system for multiple raids, say if you were gonna do 8/10 raids a month (2 a week) as an example. I could imagine lots of people being made very happy going this way. Still for 1-2 raids i still hold fast to the belive that the 1-vote system is better.

p.s. - Sorry if i'm seeming overly harsh and willing to pick out all the little holes, but better sombody like me does it who can offer constructive points rather than some self-important 13yr old who's just learn what a clitterus is :D

M

murazor

Hmm run raid with 92 people, write down there names and alts then roll for them all....

Sounds a little bit much imho.

Like the Ruath system the best as it requires judgement and rewards the less greedy as you can get moderate items easy.

The Akyma system is more fun though with lots of rolls though less people get an item.

At the end of the day either is ok if fairly administered and explained. Raid leader has limited time and these systems both allow for that. You can legislate for absolute balance but why worry when it basically works without excessive effort...

K

kathal_tdd

But then it raises the question. What if sombody wins but they don't want a +10 mods. They'd prefer an item (and there are no items they can use)
One word, Greed. I'm not saying there arn't some people with Morals or anything like that, i'm just saying the average John Smith will probably take/demand the item and sell it rather than wait X number of weeks for his chance to get the pick of the crop.
Give me a system that exclude greedy ppl and ppl that get items they will sell. No, you cant. This system is fast and ppl have the SAME chance of getting the item they want.
Overall its probably a better system for multiple raids, say if you were gonna do 8/10 raids a month (2 a week) as an example. I could imagine lots of people being made very happy going this way. Still for 1-2 raids i still hold fast to the belive that the 1-vote system is better.
Agree. If its a few raids its a bad system, but this was minded on Akymas, Ruaithans(hate to say it) and your hunts. All ppl that arrange multiple raids.
p.s. - Sorry if i'm seeming overly harsh and willing to pick out all the little holes, but better sombody like me does it who can offer constructive points rather than some self-important 13yr old who's just learn what a clitterus is
This kinda made me laugh a bit. Here we have a good discussion for once on BW and you excuse yourself :)
This was the kind of response I was looking for. Thx m8 :)

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
Originally posted by murazor
Hmm run raid with 92 people, write down there names and alts then roll for them all....

Sounds a little bit much imho.
Shouldn't be too hard. Many times there are more than one doing tasks on these hunts. One macroing drops, one actualy leading the ppl there and so on. Its not that hard if the Group leaders get the names and the chars ppl nominate and tell in the cg when the leader tells them too.
The leader makes a list in Notepad(or something) with the group leaders names with room for another 7 ppl under that name.
Not realy that hard compared to the work of macroing all the drops.
Originally posted by murazor
At the end of the day either is ok if fairly administered and explained.
THATS why we need a fast system where the raid leader is in controll of a fair lottery.
There are ALLWAYS ppl that didn't read the BW post with the rules and ppl that was afk:rolleyes: or LD when the rules was told in the cg.

Rerolls. Am I the only one that HATES those :confused: :confused:

A

Archeon

Give me a system that exclude greedy ppl and ppl that get items they will sell.

I did actually toy with the idea of banning people i saw selling items they won on my raids at one point. Gave it up eventually though because i'd never have been able to solidly prove the item they were selling actually came from a raid i did. Its a shame because i really hate to see items sold when there are people who could have used it (and don't nobody give me the old 'people who want/need cash have every right to lotto for items to sell' - farm DF if you want cash. Come to TG if you want somthing you can use, simple as that. ;))

K

kathal_tdd

I did actually toy with the idea of banning people i saw selling items they won on my raids at one point. Gave it up eventually though because i'd never have been able to solidly prove the item they were selling actually came from a raid i did. Its a shame because i really hate to see items sold when there are people who could have used it (and don't nobody give me the old 'people who want/need cash have every right to lotto for items to sell' - farm DF if you want cash. Come to TG if you want somthing you can use, simple as that. ;))
I totaly agree with you, but as you say its too hard to enforce.
With a system like this its easy to see if the char there or the one nominated can use the item(3 of 4 stats as Akyma said in his/her sticky).
And for the stones. There are NO reason at all for checking if ppl REALLY need them. There are only one that know how much you need and thats yourself.

N

nott

Try it, should be interresting :)

A couple of notes.
Better choose higher than /random 100. If theres like 100 people on the raid chance of getting several with same number is pretty high.

Faster? Don't know about that, maybe, maybe not. First you got to punch all rolls into excel or something to sort them. Then after afew items are gone you better get ready for "whats left?", "is the belt gone?" etc. I bet you'll see alot of this, or maybe you plan to spam the items left over and over....could solve it but will be alot of itemspamming on a raid with like 100people and 40+ drops.

About the +10s
If say the item of my dreams drop and I don't get it, will you "force" me to take an item I don't really need? Or can I get +10?
What if I choose not to roll at all cause nothing I wanted dropped, will I get +10?

K

kathal_tdd

Originally posted by nott
Better choose higher than /random 100. If theres like 100 people on the raid chance of getting several with same number is pretty high.
You are right. /random 1000 would be better. Thx :)
Then after afew items are gone you better get ready for "whats left?", "is the belt gone?" etc. I bet you'll see alot of this, or maybe you plan to spam the items left over and over....could solve it but will be alot of itemspamming on a raid with like 100people and 40+ drops.
If you macro the drops right it wouldn’t be a problem.
/Macro 1 /chat 1. <SB> Item name: Stat, stat, stat, stat, item info
/Macro 2 /chat 2. <Skald> Item name: Stat, stat, stat, stat, item info
/Macro 3 /chat 3. <Ring> Item name: Stat, stat, stat, stat, item info
and so on.
That way it’s easy for ppl to see what’s left and easy to replace the macros on the Q-bar when the drop has been picked.
About the +10s
If say the item of my dreams drop and I don't get it, will you "force" me to take an item I don't really need? Or can I get +10?
What if I choose not to roll at all cause nothing I wanted dropped, will I get +10?
If all the drops you want are taken, you can choose the +10.
Imo a +10 is worth more than an item you can't use.
On the first Akyma raid I lost 84 to 86 for the hunter vest. DAMN I would have paid a lot for a +10 in that roll :wall:

There is another problem to be solved and that is what to do with the remaining drops. My suggestion is give it all to Midstock 2003!!!. Whoodoo is organising a great event for mid.

H

herjulf

You are right. /random 1000 would be better. Thx :)

Then we need to change the +10 to +100 dont we massa sir

Users who are viewing this thread