LotR: RotK bombshell

W

Wij

No Saruman or Wormtongue in the film !!1

How else are they going to end it ?

*protest*

T

Tom

Hmm, I thought they were in the film. They can hardly end it without making huge changes if theyre not there.

T

Testin da Cable

what? that's very strange. I wonder what they've done to get around it?

A

Arnor

read about it on AICN, the reasons for removing em seemed half-sane when I read it, it was removed by Jackson, not the studio btw.

it will be on the xpended edition fyi

T

Testin da Cable

Originally posted by Arnor
it was removed by Jackson, not the studio btw.

it will be on the xpended edition fyi [/B]

what a load of horse cock. fs, talk about milking the cash runs :/

D

doh_boy

*****Spoiler*******

You know someone hasn't read the books :p

Apparently saruman's death scene is in it. But wormtongue doesn't appear to be.

Oh and both sams daughter and wife are in it. and some geezer called everard proudfoot is as well. (is he the guy who inherited bag end? Thought he was called something else (sackville-bagins to be precise)).

T

Tom

I wonder what they'll do with Frodo at the end, whether it will be a happy ending, or follow the less-than-happy ending of the book.

W

WPKenny

Aye, I heard about thi son Radio1's Newsbeat last night.

He's said he won't be going to the premier next month. He knew about it and is pissed of but only spoke up after loads of rumour started appearing on the net and he thought he may as well confirm them. He also said he doesn't know why they were cut.

It must be a MAJOR bummer for him. He's a massive fan of the books and I seem to recall from the docu's that he reads the trilogy every year for god knows how many years and knows it pretty much by heart.

W

Wij

Incidentally if you use a price-search on LotR : TTT 4-disc edition in the UK you may spot a bargain :)

D

doh_boy

uh?

more info :(

found it for 24 quid if thats what you mean? or the VHS for 12 (15.22 with postage).

W

Wij

Allegedly it is available for £17.99

Try a different price search maybe ? :)

D

doh_boy

Originally posted by Wij
Allegedly it is available for £17.99

Try a different price search maybe ? :)
:eek:

done kelkoo and froogle (which was shit).

/me looks again.

/edit found it

You could have said

C

Cap'n Sissyfoo

Originally posted by WPKenny
Aye, I heard about thi son Radio1's Newsbeat last night.

He's said he won't be going to the premier next month. He knew about it and is pissed of but only spoke up after loads of rumour started appearing on the net and he thought he may as well confirm them. He also said he doesn't know why they were cut.

It must be a MAJOR bummer for him. He's a massive fan of the books and I seem to recall from the docu's that he reads the trilogy every year for god knows how many years and knows it pretty much by heart.

Who is 'he'? Peter Jackson or Christopher Lee?

Sucks about the cutting. I am sure the film distributors or studio execs are to blame. They don't respect art...only the money. They should be hunted down and eviscerated. :(

D

Dr_Weasel

***** SPOILER *******

Just in case people dont know the ending of the books...

I heard that the 7 minutes that were cut was actully at the start of the 3rd film. They were originally going to have this scene in at the end of the 2nd film, then last year decided that it was going to go at the start of the 3rd. Once they cut the 3rd film, Jackson decided that it didnt seem like the start of a new film so dropped the scene all together.

Now if Saruman isnt in the 3rd film at all now, that must make the ending of the film tottally different to the books. (it was last year I read it and I have a poor memory) but doesnt saruman come to the shire to kill frodo??? That must have been dropped too.

And on a side note, I didnt realise until last month that Peter Jackson is the same guy who did the low budget film Bad Taste many many years ago... The guy has come on a long way from cooking latex masks in his mums oven :)

D

doh_boy

Spoiler

------------------------------------

I can't remember properly but I'm sure saruman and wormtongue had been in the shire for a while and were 'in' with the sackville-baggins' who were mayor or something. Basically the ending would be a pretty annoying they go home sam marries has a daughter and the elves have left middle earth to go 'back home'.

T

Tom

Christopher Lee's scenes will be in the extended version. The scenes were originally meant for tTT, but they couldn't fit it in.

A

Aoami

Originally posted by Dr_Weasel
Now if Saruman isnt in the 3rd film at all now, that must make the ending of the film tottally different to the books. (it was last year I read it and I have a poor memory) but doesnt saruman come to the shire to kill frodo??? That must have been dropped too.

Saruman goes to the Shire simply to take over it rather than specifically kill Frodo. He has been there a while shipping the pipeweed to Isengard.

T

Tenko

The scouring of the shire has never and wasnt ever going to be in the movie trillogy. PJ admitted as such when discussing the special addition of the fellowship.

...and on cutting the scene.

1) I agree with the reasoning. As described above (from Peter Jacksons own mouth) the scene probably would make the third film's pacing completely screwed.

2) If I was cut from the RotK I'd go completely fucking apeshit and sob my bloody heart out, no matter what the artistic reason. I feel for Christopher Lee. :(

E

Embattle

TBH LOTR has been a perfect example of how to make money out of suckers.

J

Jonaldo

Possibly because a lot of 'suckers' have been to see the films as well as those people that would just like to see a decent big-screen adaptation of Lord of the Rings.

(this is just a guess)

R

Rekin

Originally posted by Dr_Weasel
And on a side note, I didnt realise until last month that Peter Jackson is the same guy who did the low budget film Bad Taste many many years ago... The guy has come on a long way from cooking latex masks in his mums oven :)

He also did Braindead, which is almost as funny, and contains the best use of a lawnmower in celluloid history.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom