LotR - Return of the King

Froggeh

Fledgling Freddie
Good film - TTT was better though imo.

"I am no man!!11" gets my vote for cheesiest quote of the year.

Furr

Can't get enough of FH
What about legolas and the elephant... that was plain just wrong!

Froggeh

Fledgling Freddie
Furr said:
What about legolas and the elephant... that was plain just wrong!

That too - I found it quite entertaining to begin with, but after he slid down the elephants trunk and landed in that majestic pose..*shiver*

Doomy

Fledgling Freddie
I actually forgave Legolas for the 'shield surfing' incident in TTT because of the way he nailed that elephant.

Fenix

Fledgling Freddie
I'm going to see Return of the King with two of my friends in, oh, about an hour :)

Listening to the RotK soundtrack right now to psyche myself up.

Astfgl

Fledgling Freddie
I actually liked the Legolas vs Elephant scene. Just for Gimli's reaction afterwards. I also noticed that he only counted the ones that he skewered with arrows, and not the ones that just fell off.

All in all, a very very good trilogy, and did the books some real justice.

There are a lot of quite clearly insane people that complain about all the stuff missed out, but who would really want to sit through a total of about 37 hours of film (and how cringe worthy would the Tom Bombadil chapter have been?).

And no, the end isn't that boring. Not when you consider how boring it COULD have been, and it did clear up any potential loose ends.

RandomBastard

Can't get enough of FH
It was a good film, the battles were great the story was finishedand then the last half hour seemed to develop a mind of its own, go on for about an ice age and was absolutly shit.

*Goes and cuts the last half hour of all the rotk reels in the world.

Jonny_Darko

Fledgling Freddie
I loved it, thought it was by far the best of the three - however there were some uncharacteristically bad FX - and I couldn't get my head around why. They've managed to make the hobbits look smaller than everyone else for like, 9 hours already, and then they all looked really fake and blue-screened when they were stood with all those people at the top of minas tirith at the end, for example. Though I was distracted from this by my lady bursting into tears when everyone bowed to the Hobbits. Bless!

Sharma

Can't get enough of FH
Xavier said:
I've been tempted to get film 2 on DVD, but having just seen RotK we're going to wait and get the 3 in some form of compilation... I can't believe that some cinemas will be showing all three in a row soon... utter madness

I would be tempted to watch all three in a row if i wasnt scared silly of DVT. :p

Danya

Fledgling Freddie
Jonny_Darko said:
I loved it, thought it was by far the best of the three - however there were some uncharacteristically bad FX - and I couldn't get my head around why. They've managed to make the hobbits look smaller than everyone else for like, 9 hours already, and then they all looked really fake and blue-screened when they were stood with all those people at the top of minas tirith at the end, for example. Though I was distracted from this by my lady bursting into tears when everyone bowed to the Hobbits. Bless!
Ahh, but most of the time they don't bluescreen the hobbits, they use clever tricks such as short actors and fake perspective to make the hobbits look smaller.

Hashmonster

Fledgling Freddie
in number 3 when the 2 hobbits are dancing on the table.... anyone else think that looked a bit dodgy?

SawTooTH

Can't get enough of FH
I enjoyed it more on my second viewing with the kids. I thought the army of the dead was a bit dodgy at first, very pirates of the crappabean, but they weren't that bad really, in retrospect. I do think the Ent bits were poor but faithful to the book (hate Ents--bad idea). Here's hoping the rumours about making the hobbit come about. That could be two films as ther's little to leave out really.

Sar

Part of the furniture
Dodgy CGI or dodgy in a gay table dancing bar kinda way?

;)

If the former, I actually thought it looked well, considering the same sorta scene in the original looked a bit off.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Danya said:
Ahh, but most of the time they don't bluescreen the hobbits, they use clever tricks such as short actors and fake perspective to make the hobbits look smaller.

Yeah, I remember watching FOTR and wondering how they got Gandalf and Frodo on the horsecart together, and made it look so good. Then it dawned on me that it was a visual illusion, and that Gandalf was sat a couple of feet closer to the camera than Frodo.

Still looked bloody good though. In fact, it looked perfect.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
I've just seen it like 20 minutes a go, and I must say i was a little bit disappointed by it. I'm not even totally sure why i was disappointed, but i just was. Something for me too think about anyway :p

Hashmonster

Fledgling Freddie
Sar said:
Dodgy CGI or dodgy in a gay table dancing bar kinda way?

;)

If the former, I actually thought it looked well, considering the same sorta scene in the original looked a bit off.

heheh i mean CGI - just looked a little rough, will check it again next time i see it.

I think the only other dodgy bit of CGI was frodo running into the top of the volcano entrance bit... perspective issues i think.

Rest of it was fooking class! :D

the_hermit

Fledgling Freddie
top films all of them :D not often films fall into the Epic title, but they managed it - would love to see a 12hr marathon as well! :D

As for The Hobbit movie - would be excellent, and there is a "trailer" out there that has been hashed together quite well - but it's just someone that has edited together different stuff as a spoof... Also, Warner Brothers hold the license for Hobbit, not New Line.

If it does happen, lets hope for Peter Jackson on it (and the cgi Smaug should look rather good too!)

Loxleyhood

Fledgling Freddie
I thought that Return of the King was a masterpiece. I just felt a little uncomfortable the way it always seemed that Frodo and Sam were on the edge of kissing.

the_hermit

Fledgling Freddie
Loxleyhood said:
I thought that Return of the King was a masterpiece. I just felt a little uncomfortable the way it always seemed that Frodo and Sam were on the edge of kissing.

Consider it better than the proposed Disney version - they were going to make Sam a girl hobbit :puke: Plus they were going to make two films instead of three...

Makes you wonder why El Peto went elsewhere!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom