Lotr 3

C

Cush

I know how it ends!!!!!

and it should be rotk and not lotr 3

L

Lumikki

Saw it yesterday night. Overall I liked it, have to see it again a few times to make my final judgement :)

But I have a good taste in my mouth about it.

ps. There's no such thing as "lotr3".

xx

O

old.job

Reading through the hype and bullshit reviews, it looks like it's abit boring for the first hour, going back over stuff allready presented, but then picks up to the best battle ever filmed.

I LOVE WAR FILMS :p

E

Easdown

how long is it? ive heard that its about 4 hours long or summat

M

Miril

Just came back from seeing it, and it's amazing..

By far the best of the 3, but that's just my opinion of course :)

A

amazingsteve

Movie lasts 3 hours and 20 mins, including the umm..what u call it..>< the list of names :p anyhow, these were my comments as posted on pryd.net, be aware that it has

-----------------SPOILERS--------------------------
Well, I wouldn't say it sucked, the movie until the end of Pellenor Fields is excellent. Then I get the feeling they were running out of time to edit it and just pushed it a bit. Also, there were quite a few things that annoyed me, will sum them up here, but be careful,

SPOILERS
SPOILERS

-the story with Aragorn after Pelennor Fields, whoops suddenly he is in king-outfit, no real explanation given.
-Sauron as a lighthouse, i mean wtf?
-fight with the witchking: there, he's dead, Merry and Eowyn just walk on like he was an ordinary orc, kinda. (houses of healing please!)
-Aragorns speech when he is crowned king, about peace n stuff, kinda sounded like a speech Miss America would give.
-Arwen with the flag in front of her, hi der surprise hun!
-Faramir and Eowyn together, again, suddenly just appears in the movie
-They do put in a scene about Sam marrying Rosie, even though 3 scenes later, Sam returns home, and meets his kids and Rosie. So the people would assume anyway he married Rosie.

I do think ROTK is a good movie though, just hoping the extended edition will remove some of the dissapointments the theatrical version gives

L

Lumikki

What bothers the most is that the movie feels so "cut", like it's just pieces glued together. Ofcourse the extended edition will make it more fluent, but still very frustrating.

I have a huge list of things I would have liked to see different but not going to post them here. :)

xx

S

svartmetall

Just got back from the 1pm showing...

At the beginning, it owned. Then there was a brief slide into ownage, before a steady process of owning began. In the middle it owned, and then a short interlude of ownage punctuated the end, which owned.

...what can I say? If you liked the first two, you're going to LOVE this one. Especially if you like battles. The Pelennor Fields mosh makes the Helm's Deep battle look like a border skirmish...really...it's fucking unbelievable. Wait till you see Grond, the 200-foot-long burning-wolf's-head battering-ram the Mordor armies use...or the brigades of fully-armoured Trolls smashing all in their path...visually it's just outstanding all the way through.
Some of the shots of Minas Morgul, in particular, are just stunning. The moment when the Witch-King leads the armies out to war is etched in my brain now.

Acting-wise, pretty much all the main characters do themselves proud, Bernard Lee, Miranda Otto and Sean Astin in particular standing out for me.

Oh, and if you're arachnophobic and/or get vertigo (I get both)...? Some of this film will have you squirming in your seat :D.

And yes, the ending has some obviously-cut-to-keep-it-under-4-hours bits...I guess it'll just own more on EE DVD late next year, then.

T

Tom

Originally posted by svartmetall
Just got back from the 1pm showing...

At the beginning, it owned. Then there was a brief slide into ownage, before a steady process of owning began. In the middle it owned, and then a short interlude of ownage punctuated the end, which owned.

heh classic

It does indeed own. My only problem was that from memory, I was sure that Eowyn and Aragorn got married before the final battle, but perhaps I was wrong?

I didn't miss Saruman tbh.

D

Driwen

Originally posted by Tom
heh classic

It does indeed own. My only problem was that from memory, I was sure that Eowyn and Aragorn got married before the final battle, but perhaps I was wrong?

I didn't miss Saruman tbh.

nope Arwen and Aragorn end up together ;).

T

Tom

So who gets married then? Someone does. I'm certain of it.

S

svartmetall

Originally posted by Tom
So who gets married then? Someone does. I'm certain of it.
Sam marries Rosie.

Aragorn marries Arwen.

I think Faramir and Eowyn end up together, though whether they actually get married in the book, I can't remember.

Z

Zebolt

Originally posted by Lumikki
This version is about 3.5 hours.
3 hours and 21 minutes to be exact.
I saw the 00.03 show and I totally loved the movie, the begining scene with sméagol and his brother wasn't the best but when the film started I was amazed and just sat stil in silence and then it was over, it was too damn short! :rolleyes: ..... just like the first two.

Anyway, go see it..! It was awsome! :D

T

Tom

Maybe its Farmir and Eowyn then. All I can remember (the books are up in my loft I'm not going up there, its bloody freezing and dusty) is there is a scene where two humans are in a field, perhaps on a hill, and the book very gently describes their kissing, and leaves it for the reader to imagine the rest. I'm sure its before the final battle. Someone put me out of my misery!

A

amazingsteve

Faramir and Eowyn get married yes, it's in the books anyway, they meet in the Houses of Healing etc. :) You can see them standing next to each other when Aragorn is crowned and u then see Faramir and Eowyn standing next to each other. (hi der have-to-keep-movie-under-4-hours)

O

old.GeForce

just seen it- best film I've seen all year... 3.5 hrs though- bring lots of goodies

V

Vegy

The Minas Tirith battle was amazingly well done, the Rohirrim charge just kinda left me thinking 'wow' as I wasn't expecting it to be so good (I personally felt a little let down by the Helms Deep defence).
The Bezerker Trolls come crashing through the gates first and you just think 'oh sh*t' lol, I definately would not have like to have been on gate defence at that time :).
Spent a large ammount of the film with goose bumps, truely amazing to say the least.

Now lets get petitioning to Peter Jackson to do some films on Legend/The First Chronicles of Druss the Legend/Chronicles of Deathwalker/White Wolf (David Gemmell books) :D.

C

cjkaceBM

Originally posted by Vegy
Now lets get petitioning to Peter Jackson to do some films on Legend/The First Chronicles of Druss the Legend/Chronicles of Deathwalker/White Wolf (David Gemmell books) :D.

You have my vote but who would play Druss and Sieban?

V

Vegy

Aye, that is the same question that arises when talking about the subject with my mates. Who on earth would ever live up to a role like Druss (I'm a bigger fan of the Druss books than LOTR, 10 fold infact (or rather David Gemmell books)). Siebien I think would be an easier character to fill, but not easy :).
Same question comes up about Waylander aswell.

L

Lumikki

Can't wait to go see it again, now that my brain has had time to process it properly :) They always get better on the second and the third time for me. Time to start reading the books again.. would be 5th time then. :)

xx

O

old.Tyraette

Originally posted by Vegy

think im right in saying that its not a case of noone wanting to do the Gemmells *perfect for film imo* but gemells always held back on the licence because he's never believed anyone could do them justice.

Maybe that could be about to change :D

Hero in the Shadows would be the best of the lot tbh.

M

mewdy

I saw it today, or err, like 6 hours ago wich would make it yesterday but since i didnt sleep since i saw it i call it "today".

And it rocked, was one of best things i ever seen on cinema (note cinema, not ever).

F

fanatical-ace

Just got home after seeing it.

Was it a good movie? Oh yeah!

Did it feel like Lord of the Rings? Nah...

Same thing with all three movies for me - i really enjoy them but i see them as quite separate from the books.

And of course, the feeling of awe the books give me seriously outclasses the feeling i get when i see the movies ;)
If you havent read the books (i know there are some who havent^^), do it! For your own sake, you wont regret it.

O

old.Tyraette

going completely offtopic on offtopic.....youre going down tomorrow bracken :D

<--blackburn lad

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom