LOTM trailer released

Jeros

Part of the furniture
Well its using up 166mb of my 3GB monthy limit, so this better be good

Neffneff

Fledgling Freddie
imo, that trailer was shit (apart from the last brief scene :) )

didnt exactly fill me with the need to buy if you know what i mean.

Indiana

Fledgling Freddie
not really worth it imo
just a lot of scenes of the labyrinth and at the end some fighting cows

its a shame how they had decent minotaur gfx in toa / volcanus and ruined it now by making us look like cows on 2 legs... whats next.. horse heads??

Novac

Fledgling Freddie
agreed, trailer was fucking awful. Volcanus taurs gfx was very nice i think. ive always liked em.. but white, pale cows.... please.

Aiteal

Can't get enough of FH
it was quite poor yeah
I think GoA will make a better one tbh

DocWolfe

Part of the furniture
looks dire :( daoc is dead for me I wont be playing it any time soon anyway.

Gamah

Banned
I wanted to return for LOTM but that trailer puts me off...come on GOA sell it to me with one of your uber trailers!

Lendan

Fledgling Freddie
To be honest the full group of cows looked like fun. I also note that they seem to be taking on large bosses in just one group - does this mean an end to long boring raids of 20+ people?

The new mechanical enemies look OK I suppose, but hopefully they have a large variety of new enemies and not just a load of cows using different textures (I think I saw an "undead" one in there - or maybe that was a Vamp character?!)

The labyrinth itself looked big and empty - I guess they were trying to show off the scenery graphics mainly in this first trailer, but it just doesn't seem revolutionary enough so far. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
Well...it's fairly obvious that a lot of people have decided to take a huge dump on LOTM, no matter what.

But I think that trailer looks pretty good. Being positive! Shock, horror! The Labyrinth itself looks to be very nicely designed, look like a cross between the best of TOA and DR architecture; that huge arena thingy is very impressive. The Minos themselves look decent enough, and the huge almost-steampunk Taur-golem obvious-boss-mob thingy at 2:55 or so looks really cool.

I'm gonna say 'fuck the FOTM'* and buy it.

*FOTM now being "I hate LOTM even if I've never played any of its content"

Coldbeard

Part of the furniture
Think it was ok, not like whoa, looks great! but just ok. Hope GoA makes a trailer as well, the last ones they've made have been fairly decent.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
i thought it looked pretty shit, intro built up the story then the main part sat down and couldnt be bothered. will still get it ofc

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
Having just watched the trailer, i must agree it wasn't very good, it looked 5 years old :(

I dont think that is going to get many new players interested in the game, but then again i dont think that was mythics intention.

One thing that did stand out was how blank the taurs expressions where, you would have thought that if they were going to get some close shots of the face they could at least blink.

The taurs in Typhons reach look a lot more menacing than those cows, i would like to play a minataur, but honestly i think i would be a little embarressed to look like something that you want to ride on. Mythics problem is they have made them look more like Cows than minotaurs.

Sadly the minotaurs in WOW look a lot better than Mythics version.

Am not impressed, will still buy it just becasue its new content and i am bored with the current lot, apart from that, it gets a big thumbs down so far..

:m00:

Neffneff

Fledgling Freddie
Svartmetall said:
Well...it's fairly obvious that a lot of people have decided to take a huge dump on LOTM, no matter what.

i have to say im not subscribing to that line of thinking, i have quite good hopes for the content its going to supply, BUT the trailer itself was shit, i was quite excited to take a look at what the future holds in its interesting and action filled trailer.

but it just simply didnt deliver, end of the day i consider that trailer a waste of my time to download, and i download some real shit these days.

rampant

Can't get enough of FH
cows look awful....

the cow faces look like the gfx produced 3-4 years ago! - no definition - just a bitmap over a frame.

dungeon looks cool, and the cow-mobs looked far better (the mechanical one at the end looked good)

By the looks of it they (mythic) want us to run around in 'herds' of fighter cows now - rather than the zerg it is at the moment.

Toel

Loyal Freddie
Well, the labyrinth itself looks nice, well designed and fun. Though, those cows are a little to WoW'ish imo. Hope they'll make em more butal, like the Volcanus ones, as you said.

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
tbh just looks to me like yet another mass area that will be empty like every other mass area in the game

Not Doomsaying just pointing a fact

Basic_X

Fledgling Freddie
Sparx said:
tbh just looks to me like yet another mass area that will be empty like every other mass area in the game

Not Doomsaying just pointing a fact

yea seems like it to me aswell

and the trailer rather bad tbh. the cata trailer was waay mutch better :p

knighthood

Fledgling Freddie
Its not finished tho is it ?

Tehyll have plenty of time to tweak your :m00: b4 the release. I cba to download the trailer tho lol. Ill prolly get it purely cos i can , not really interested in the new class tho, fotm op prolly ...

But we'll see, its still a long way off right ?

SkarIronfist

Fledgling Freddie
In the arena area I thinking of whipping out my rocket and rocket jumping onto the ledge..... oops wrong game.

the gfx on the cows are a bit on the soft side.

chretien

Fledgling Freddie
Dark Age of Camoolot...

Those minotaurs looked... silly... I really hope the graphics change before release.

naic

Loyal Freddie
A secret little polarbear whispered 'about the population of asia' to me, and it seems to be true. :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom