Lost Pswrd

Llixeraxu

Fledgling Freddie
Noob question.. been away a while and got a new computer and cant find my game pswrd. Have my user name but have no idea how i can find out my pswrd. Looked on the site but to no avail. Emailed Goa but no reply. any ideas?

Help much appreciated. Cheers.

Bometal

Fledgling Freddie
Llixeraxu said:
Noob question.. been away a while and got a new computer and cant find my game pswrd. Have my user name but have no idea how i can find out my pswrd. Looked on the site but to no avail. Emailed Goa but no reply. any ideas?

Help much appreciated. Cheers.

email subscription@goa.com and explain what happened

If you do that from the email you registered your account on, it wont be a problem (they did it for me last week, although patience is a must :p )

If you dont have access no more to the email adress wich it is registered to, consider urself screwed :/

frogster

Fledgling Freddie
Game password isnt a problem... subs is

With Game password you can use Rightnow
Click enter rightnow
My stuff
And in the box under

If you have forgotten your password...
Enter your username and clicky! and hey presto.. you should get your password emailed to you!

I think Oo

Blondy

Fledgling Freddie
Bometal said:
email subscription@goa.com and explain what happened

If you do that from the email you registered your account on, it wont be a problem (they did it for me last week, although patience is a must :p )

If you dont have access no more to the email adress wich it is registered to, consider urself screwed :/

Not so fast there cowboy ;). You can email subscription@goa.com and say i've no access to my email bla bla dooble bla, then they will ask you to provide either, the accounts registered postal area code or subscribed address etc etc, you can also provide any of the serial keys, classic/si/toa ;) (i think)

Llixeraxu

Fledgling Freddie
Thanks guys. Emailed the subs@goa thing.. guess i just gotta sit back and wait.

Korax

Fledgling Freddie
Bah, try this for a problem:

My ex-RL friends guild had a buffbot that only I use atm (others moved to other realms etc). Its registrered on a friends brother who is at this time in england. And now the account got haxored, the hacker changed the subs pass and changed the personal info (address etc).

Now GoA wants me to give them the ID of the owner (who is in england), both SI and classic CD key (only have SI cdkey), and bill from the address where my friends brother lives (where only his father lives atm) and all this handwritten (like they ever gonna understand what I write).

Gonna take weeks to get it back. :(
And no, farming scrolls solo with an unbuffed shade dont satisfy me. :(
:twak:

Thanks, had to get it out.

Shneddi

Fledgling Freddie
Korax said:
My ex-RL friends guild had a buffbot that only I use atm (others moved to other realms etc). Its registrered on a friends brother who is at this time in england. And now the account got haxored, the hacker changed the subs pass and changed the personal info (address etc).

Now GoA wants me to give them the ID of the owner (who is in england), both SI and classic CD key (only have SI cdkey), and bill from the address where my friends brother lives (where only his father lives atm) and all this handwritten (like they ever gonna understand what I write).

urg confused me :eek7:
glad thats nvr happened to me

Eroa

Banned
sub or game password aint a problem to get back aslong as you remember your game login name.

Just mail goa and tell them your game login name and they simply just send the passwords to the email adress in the subscription. I mailed kemor and got my password within a few hours when i started playing again.

Hyuga Hinata

Fledgling Freddie
Eroa said:
sub or game password aint a problem to get back aslong as you remember your game login name.

Just mail goa and tell them your game login name and they simply just send the passwords to the email adress in the subscription. I mailed kemor and got my password within a few hours when i started playing again.

Off topic:

Come back to FFXI right now you swedish ape! :touch:

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Korax said:
Bah, try this for a problem:

Gonna take weeks to get it back. :(
And no, farming scrolls solo with an unbuffed shade dont satisfy me. :(
:twak:

Thanks, had to get it out.
As account sharing is against CoC, i think its GOA's way of telling you to go away. Once you provide all that they will ask for both your great grandparents to attend with their birth certificates too :twak:

Ever considered you ex-m8s, brothers, aunties, cousins, best freinds, lesbian lovers, psychiatrists nannys ex boyfreind hasnt just cancelled the account and dont want to tell you? Perhaps they got fed up paying for an account only you use? Perhaps they thought it about time you bought your own bb account and stop sponging?

Dont make sense they all left your realm (wonder why) and left you their bb....

Korax

Fledgling Freddie
old.Whoodoo said:
As account sharing is against CoC, i think its GOA's way of telling you to go away. Once you provide all that they will ask for both your great grandparents to attend with their birth certificates too :twak:

Ever considered you ex-m8s, brothers, aunties, cousins, best freinds, lesbian lovers, psychiatrists nannys ex boyfreind hasnt just cancelled the account and dont want to tell you? Perhaps they got fed up paying for an account only you use? Perhaps they thought it about time you bought your own bb account and stop sponging?

Dont make sense they all left your realm (wonder why) and left you their bb....
Yea, whatever you'd like to think mate.
1. Only I have the latest sub pass.
2. TBH I dont give a flying fuck about your precoius cock (If your brother plays daoc and wants to borrow your char for PL, you wouldnt let him? Gimme a break, the CoC is there for GOA to have the "law" on their side.)

And trust me, none of things I've done would effect my chance of losing or getting back my pass.

Thegreatest

Fledgling Freddie
A friend of my had it's account expired 3 weeks ago, wanted to renew but found out that he lost his subs password...He had written it down on some paper but he cant find the paper anymore (prob. thrown away in the bin or something). He has mailed his information to subscription@goa.com about 5 days ago, still waiting for an answer...

Korax

Fledgling Freddie
Thegreatest said:
A friend of my had it's account expired 3 weeks ago, wanted to renew but found out that he lost his subs password...He had written it down on some paper but he cant find the paper anymore (prob. thrown away in the bin or something). He has mailed his information to subscription@goa.com about 5 days ago, still waiting for an answer...
Resend it, if they ignore an issue for two days it auto closes afaik. I usually get replies pretty fast, sometimes within the hour.

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Korax said:
Yea, whatever you'd like to think mate.
1. Only I have the latest sub pass.
2. TBH I dont give a flying fuck about your precoius cock (If your brother plays daoc and wants to borrow your char for PL, you wouldnt let him? Gimme a break, the CoC is there for GOA to have the "law" on their side.)

And trust me, none of things I've done would effect my chance of losing or getting back my pass.
I always thought your avatar made you look about 5, learn that language from the TV did we, damn neighbours is a bad influence.

Oh, and where did we get on the subject of my genitels? you got issues m8, ones only councelling can deal with.:fluffle:

Blondy

Fledgling Freddie
Eroa said:

Is helpful if you have your game login and sub login, but if you've lost EVERYTHING then just provide the bank details etc, registered address and you get all the info back :m00:

Thegreatest

Fledgling Freddie
Eroa said:

Kemor himself does say something else tho...

Originally Posted by Kemor
Good eve folks,

The procedure to change subscription password is as follow:
1) Make sure ALL your account informations are 100% correct and updated regularily. This is THE most important part, also be sure to remember the information with which you first registered.
2) Contact subscription@goa.com via mail. Make this mail as clear as possible. I know that we have many players coming from various countries of Europe and I'm not talking about using perfect english, but to try and make your mail as coherent as possible, to avoid "gamer talk" and d00d speak.
3) In this mail, make it clear that you wish to have your SUBSCRIPTION password changed, explain why, and give the following information:

- SUBSCRIPTION login:
- GAME login:
- Name & Lastname:
- Current Email:
- Email you used to register (if different):
- Current postal address:
- Postal address you used to register (if different):
- CD keys (classic and SI)

This is the basic information that you will be asked for when contacting subscription@goa.com. Once they have all this, then we have two possibilities:
1) All your account informations are correct and up-to-date:
You will most likely receive a reply to your email announcing that the SUBSCRIPTION password was changed and that the new one will be mailed (we are talking postal mail here, not email). This procedure can take up to a week or two depending where you live currently.
2) Your account information are not matching what we have on our side:
Here you got a problem and we also got a problem (because it means that the case is going to get complicated). We cannot just send new account information out if what you gave is not correct, so we need more. Usually you will be asked questions related to your registration and if you are the legitimate owner of the account, should be no problem at all for you to answer. This can take a bit longer to investigate on our side, so no need to make it even longer by not replying to the emails asking for these informations. Here again, once we have everything we need, you will be mailed a new SUBSCRIPTION password.

Of course, what I just wrote above is how the system "should" work, but we are living in a world not "working as intended" all the time

This procedure can go very smooth, very relaxed.
You got a problem with your account, you contact us in a nice way, with all the information needed, you got nothing wrong with your account: you get what you want fast and nice.

It can also go very nasty and not relaxed at all...
You got a problem with some account you just bought, you contact us in some sub-human language and fill the whole mail with lies and mis-information: you get your account closed fast and nice.

Of course they are tons of other possibilities and mixes of the two situations described above including some I myself can't believe when I see them and it's starting to cost me a fortune to keep the white guys away

Conclusion?
- Keep your account information updated ALL the time, no matter what happens.
- Do NOT save anything related to passwords on your computer. If you play at home without a nasty little brother or some Einstein dog from outter space, put a post-it on your screen or one of these new and beautiful USB-MP3 players.
- If you play in some net-café, be sure to check for key-loggers and do not always use the same computer.
- If you go to a LAN-Party, don't get too drunk and start yelling your account info.
- Do not trust anyone with your SUBSCRIPTION info. We can always (most of the time) fix problems if someone gets to know your GAME info, but with SUBSCRIPTION, be careful

I hope the answer will help, take care out there...

Korax

Fledgling Freddie
old.Whoodoo said:
I always thought your avatar made you look about 5, learn that language from the TV did we, damn neighbours is a bad influence.

Oh, and where did we get on the subject of my genitels? you got issues m8, ones only councelling can deal with.:fluffle:
Bashing my paint skills and the language I use in one post makes you know everything about me, not bad. And tbh, it is a good combination of bad painting skills (and some encuragement from prydwen.net posts) and a temporary bad mood.

Now, enough: :fluffle: :)

frogster

Fledgling Freddie
Oo

So how exaclty did this "hacker" change the subs password? You have seen what is required to get it changed. No light task.

Thegreatest

Fledgling Freddie
Ok I just got a message from the friend I mentioned that he just received his new subs password :). So it took 5 days and it isnt send by regular mail like Kemor mentioned, but e-mail...Just so you know :)

Korax

Fledgling Freddie
frogster said:
So how exaclty did this "hacker" change the subs password? You have seen what is required to get it changed. No light task.
Its easy as long as you live at the adress thats on the account.

Korax

Fledgling Freddie
Thegreatest said:
Ok I just got a message from the friend I mentioned that he just received his new subs password :). So it took 5 days and it isnt send by regular mail like Kemor mentioned, but e-mail...Just so you know :)
Wish they could just send me my subs on email and get it over with :p

Thegreatest

Fledgling Freddie
Korax said:
Wish they could just send me my subs on email and get it over with :p

He had made a nice mail tho (we did it together actually as I found that post from kemor how to change the sub pass) with explaining everything in it and giving out all his details so it's not easy to say "I lost my sub password from account XXX, please send it to this mail k thanx bb" ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom