LoS issues in ToA client?

andyr00barb

Fledgling Freddie
I've just been playing my scout in thid, and have been shooting people that have been running away to what I what consider out of line of sight (e.g. down the other side of a steep bank etc..). They've been in LoS when first shooting but moved away to what I consider out of LoS. Yet I've been able to carry on shooting them more than once. Noticed this on two seperate occasions now.

Are there known issues with line of sight in ToA client?

Eroa

Banned
Afaik it was like that before aswell. Archery los is calculated when arrow draw. Not when released.

andyr00barb

Fledgling Freddie
Aye, but in this case, I didn't even have LoS when arrow drawn. I had them selected still is all. Maybe it was something about the terrain.

civy

One of Freddy's beloved
Iv'e not tested it in 1.68 but in 1.67 it looks like line of sight with arrows was thrwon out of the window.

I noticed it in TOA zones and didn't give it much thought, but when I started to rvr there were no LOS checks either.

This doesnt include walls and such but does include normal terain.

andyr00barb

Fledgling Freddie
It's only happening to me with the ToA client. Another reason why ToA has fucked up RvR.

Daedalus

Can't get enough of FH
I'm a sorcerer, I've been having a LOT of LoS problems lately.. targets that are either far away or not in sight, etc. Very annoying. Thought that people were lag abusing again :-/

Gonna install the Classic client again I guess.

Tuppe

Fledgling Freddie
hmm i am allmost 100% sure its allready in eu server, archer los is checked when drawing and when shooting, so 2 time.
why this isnt happening? somekind lag i guess.

andyr00barb

Fledgling Freddie
It ain't lag. Got a mate sitting next to me using SI client and I'm using ToA. We have same target and are standing in same place. I can shoot through terrain and he gets "you cannot see your target..". I've reverted to using SI client now before I get accused of cheating. And I'm fairly sure that using quiver in ToA client has screwed up my arrow selection when using SI client. Used to be it would use to top most arrow stack. Now is uses what it damn well likes.

Balbor

Fledgling Freddie
andyr00barb said:
It ain't lag. Got a mate sitting next to me using SI client and I'm using ToA. We have same target and are standing in same place. I can shoot through terrain and he gets "you cannot see your target..". I've reverted to using SI client now before I get accused of cheating. And I'm fairly sure that using quiver in ToA client has screwed up my arrow selection when using SI client. Used to be it would use to top most arrow stack. Now is uses what it damn well likes.

yep i've been shot by hunter lots of times when out of there LOS, and not with volly

Takhasis

Can't get enough of FH
Eroa said:
Afaik it was like that before aswell. Archery los is calculated when arrow draw. Not when released.

Since 1.65 (maybe 1.67) LoS is checked at draw time AND at release time.

If u cant see the target at release time then arrow is not released.

Belomar

Part of the furniture
LoS checks against terrain are no longer being performed in the ToA client. I thought this was a huge relief (I hate fighting on hills as a caster due to this), and automatically assumed it was a feature and not a bug, but maybe it isn't?

andyr00barb

Fledgling Freddie
If it's a feature then it's one that applies only to the ToA client. This has gotta be a client side fuck up and therefore (one would hope) easily patchable. I'm sure I read somewhere that Mythic stated ToA wouldn't affect RvR. Well it clearly does, even if you don't get any of the new items or gain any master levels. I wonder if this was/is happening in the states, but I for one can't be arsed to trawl through vnboards.

I would rightnow this, but what's the point.

Balbor

Fledgling Freddie
andyr00barb said:
If it's a feature then it's one that applies only to the ToA client. This has gotta be a client side fuck up and therefore (one would hope) easily patchable. I'm sure I read somewhere that Mythic stated ToA wouldn't affect RvR. Well it clearly does, even if you don't get any of the new items or gain any master levels. I wonder if this was/is happening in the states, but I for one can't be arsed to trawl through vnboards.

I would rightnow this, but what's the point.

then its a bug, and shotting someone without LOS is bug abusing,

Lejemorder

Fledgling Freddie
Balbor said:
its hard to avoid :) specialy for bolts and arrows :) happen alot of times for me where i know they got LOS then they start casting but dont have at release (using toa client btw).

andyr00barb

Fledgling Freddie
Balbor said:

I'd agree it's bug abusing in blatant cases. But how many times have you tried to cast/shoot only to be told the target is not in view when you thought it was. That will always happen when playing with a 3rd person perspective. I suspect that there are lots of people who've taken advantage of this bug without realising it.

Balbor

Fledgling Freddie
andyr00barb said:
I'd agree it's bug abusing in blatant cases. But how many times have you tried to cast/shoot only to be told the target is not in view when you thought it was. That will always happen when playing with a 3rd person perspective. I suspect that there are lots of people who've taken advantage of this bug without realising it.

just cause you can see them doesn't mean you have LOS. i think most archer classes will of worked out that when using TOA client thet can hit people out of LOS. It happens all the time in DF, and the same hunter will do it again and again.

andyr00barb

Fledgling Freddie
So is the solution for everybody to get ToA and bug abuse at will or for the client to get patched?

I would hope the latter. But if this is something that still exists in US versions, are GoA able to fix it or do they have to wait until Mythic sort it out and we eventually get the patch. What I basically want to now is whether or not this is worth sending to rightnow, or whether I'd just be pissing against the wind.

Balbor

Fledgling Freddie
andyr00barb said:
So is the solution for everybody to get ToA and bug abuse at will or for the client to get patched?

I would hope the latter. But if this is something that still exists in US versions, are GoA able to fix it or do they have to wait until Mythic sort it out and we eventually get the patch. What I basically want to now is whether or not this is worth sending to rightnow, or whether I'd just be pissing against the wind.

if someone shoots you and they don't have LOS then they are abusing a bug, the right thing for them to do would be to disengage combat with you (even if that means you attacking them and them not fighting back). Otherwize you should report them for bug abuse. Mythic and GOA really need to start clamping down on people abusing stuff and using 'not my fault, mythic need to fix it as a defence'.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom