Loot Sharing 1on1

A

Arnor

After a frustrating night/morning as supreme-grand-master of loots on some raids, here is what I have to say:
On all further hunts lead by me will loot be shared by the following way:

Loot will be "bid" for in several rounds until all the loot has gone from my backpacks. One man, one item(this is because the number of loot is always less than members in hunt).

First I'll list all the items with stats and all.

Round 1

Then Ill name the first item, and those who want that item, may say so. Then they all come to me and do a /random 100, high end wins(closest to 100).
Then, all that "bid"* on that item are out for the rest of round 1. The one who got the item is out until further notice.

Then we move to next item, doing like in round 1.

We do this until ive gone through all the items.

Round 2 **
Everyone who didnt get an item in round 1(due to lost /random or didnt "bid" an item) is eligible to "bid" now.
We do this like in round 1 (random 100, and all that)

Round X
The ones who didnt get an item in round X may bid.

We do this till all the items have been given away, or till there are some items that arent getting "bid" on. Then those who got an item can bid on those items.

I will refer to this thread when arranging hunts in the future, so read it well or bookmark it if you plan on doing raids with me ^^

If this doesnt make any sense, its because I just got up since I spent all night/morning trying to sort some loot :rolleyes:

** There will normally be a round 2/3/4 because not every item is gonna get bid on in round 1

* I use the word "bid" in lack of better words for saying: "I want it" :rolleyes: if u can pardon my french

L

liste

the Lotto way, is the Right way.

I do the same :)

A

Archeon

I'm thinking it would be far easier to just get the names of the guilds involved give each guild a number 1 to however many on hunt

then /random <number of participating guilds> untill all the items are given away.

True it might be deemable as 'unfair' on people without guilds/lousey guilds/want a specific item. but in all honesty if you make a lotto too complex then its gonna get messy because nobodys quite sure how some people got the uber stuff and they were left with the shitty +pac shammy helm

D

Draylor

Sure Archeon, and what do you do when some guilds provide 1 group and other guilds provide 3 or more?

A

Archeon

My way might not be the fairest admittedly (besides, it'l be a very cold day in hell when i get landed with loot bearing responsability and don't try me hardest not to do it) but atleast its more simple that this :)

Originally posted by Arnor2
First I'll list all the items with stats and all.

Round 1

Then Ill name the first item, and those who want that item, may say so. Then they all come to me and do a /random 100, high end wins(closest to 100).
Then, all that "bid"* on that item are out for the rest of round 1. The one who got the item is out until further notice.

Then we move to next item, doing like in round 1.

We do this until ive gone through all the items.

Round 2 **
Everyone who didnt get an item in round 1(due to lost /random or didnt "bid" an item) is eligible to "bid" now.

Round X
The ones who didnt get an item in round X may bid.

We do this till all the items have been given away, or till there are some items that arent getting "bid" on. Then those who got an item can bid on those items.

** There will normally be a round 2/3/4 because not every item is gonna get bid on in round 1

The again, i don't really care much for any drops. so for me this isn't a big thing, but i can understand if it holds higher priority for some people.

R

Roo Stercogburn

I use a weighted system when running alliance hunts, and loot is divided by guild - not perfect, but cuts down a lot of problems. It is up to the lead officer present then to sort it out amongst themsleves from each guild.

On guild hunts its 95% random or for whoever asks/needs, but I reserve the right occasionally to assign stuff (never to self), though always by agreement with others.

Fair loot sharing is not a precise thing all the time and I long ago resigned myself to always pissing someone off. Anyone who comes up to me with the I-Am-Lvl50-I-Should-Have-It nonsense gets a slap.

When running joint hunts with smaller guilds, I normally give them first pick of items unless they've behaved like gits, in which case we roll a die. (I don't miss copper lotto one single bit!) :)

One of the things that Fedaykin has for its members is a shopping list, and we are actively trying to get items on that list for people, so sometimes we go do hunts specifically trying to get those items for someone in which case, lotto is totally out should the item drop (Will get that Wight's Claw for Blackdeath one of these days!) though is acceptable for any other items. Obviously the person that gets their shopping list item won't get the other drops.

Having said aaaaaallll that though Arn, I can sypmathise with anyone who has to do loot splits and your way seems perfectly fair and a good way to do it: people know what they are getting on one of your hunts :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom