Looks like 1.4 could be just around the corner

M

Moön

Sorry I'm lazy to read it all but is that a full hl update or just CS ?

T

Tom

I just finished writing the helium filled balloons tactical weaponry section, as soon as I finish the brummie accents on the radio commands, I will release v1.4

Thats my final word on the subject.

C

Ch3tan

Thats just steam being updated. I thought Valve had no plans for a full release of 1.4, they are just going to continue a beta rollout and hope people change over to it.

M

Moön

Haha chimps now who's on top with a nice new TFC 2 on the way :D

/me beats all CS players to the ground with a stick

C

Ch3tan

Yeah and duke nukem forever will be released this millenium!

M

Moön

LOL chetan your probably right .

And Dolly shut up you know you love the pain :x

E

e_chrono

lol

the further away 1.4 is the better imo. its jus gonna make it completley crap wiv all the ghey adjustments.

Mind you, if everyone gets crap again I might have a chance of killing me some f00ls :D

T

Tom

I dont think they would modify the game without taking into account the critisisms of the cs community in general about 1.3, and those of the beta testers of 1.4

I think the jumping thing is great, I'm sick of ppl jumping all over the place for no reason. Im even more sick of ppl jumping silently, thats just plain bullshit.

F

Fex

Where did you find this out gray, the least you could have done was to post a link :p

M

MYstIC G

Originally posted by tomjeffs
I dont think they would modify the game without taking into account the critisisms of the cs community in general about 1.3, and those of the beta testers of 1.4

I think the jumping thing is great, I'm sick of ppl jumping all over the place for no reason. Im even more sick of ppl jumping silently, thats just plain bullshit.
Only reason people numpty jump is because valve never fixed bunnying properly. Also CS's damage system isn't realistic enough atm for my liking, if I get hit anywhere i'm instantly rooted to the spot, thats why I jump. Getting hit in the arm & grounded is a pain in the arse.

S

S-Gray

twas rumours :p

most people i played with have said its released Thurday, dunno tho :p

T

throdgrain

All that jumping is ghey. Roll on 1.4 I say !

S

S-Gray

btw when 1.4 comes out, will you have to wait for it to load all the shit up? coz i downloaded the BETA Version, and when i connected to a server it took like 15mins for it to download all the shit by that time my connection to the server timed out :mad:

T

Tom

I don't know if they will use steam, but any downloading will be a one-off, unless you run out of cache, or a server side change is made

O

old.Jas

I doubt they will use steam - no ISP could handle that many ppl downloading CS alone.

Been playing 1.4 for 4 months now - look me ages to get out of the habit of jumping (ex-quake devotee). The new map is pretty good though.

S

Skyler

No jumping is a good thing ;)

It will improve the game and make it even harder to solo.

I dont feel it was needed but I accept it.

I am looking forward to 1.4's released, however you wont see it this week. More likely to be in the next few weeks. He said they were "shooting for" this week, not that it was going to be released.

It will be here soon, and aimbots will die for good :)

Shame aimbots arent the real problem.... :(

Hope the anticheat is up to it.

Also enforced playermodels would be nice. ;)

C

Ch3tan

Valve said that steam was in testing and that it wouldn't be used once 1.4 left beta. However eventually valve will want steam to be used, maybe even charge for the right to download the game cache.

1.4 is ready for release in my opinion, maybe there are problems with it I cannot see as a player that need fixing, maybe there is more to implement. Or maybe Valve are going to milk CS for all its worth and put off CS:CZ as long as possible as well.

M

MYstIC G

CS 1.5 is the scheduled "Zero Compatible" version from everything I've read so far. So it would make sense that Steam in all its glittering crapness, would come as a part of CS:CZ, so wouldn't be released beforehand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom