Looks at SI minimum spec

O

old.yaruar

1.4ghz machine minimum...

I thought I could get away with a 140 quid graphics card to run the spanking new engine, but no, my poor old 750 athlon is now obsolete...

/cries

Just out of curiosity, I'm assuming I will be able to run SI with the old grpahics engine, or is this not an option? I'm not sure I can afford a 1000 pound pc just to play SI.....

OMG NERF PC SPECS!

F

Fafnir

Well i've heard some playing with p3 733, and some shitty built in gfx card with 16 mb memory. But dunno. I can try on my bot comp tomorrow but i got 32 mb built in gfx card on it. :) But they had everything turned off, even the sound etc.

O

old.yaruar

It's the processor speed I'm worried about. I was going to purchace a new gfx card anyway, maybe a radeon 9500 pro, or at least a g-force4 mx440 depending on my finances at the end of the week, but there isn't much point if my pc will crash and burn under the strain.:(

A

Alrindel

You should be able to play SI fine. The SI client has more options available for fine-tuning performance than the classic DAOC client, and you can switch off some of the fancier graphic effects if you find it's a bit slow.

C

CliffyG

Aye dont buy a mx. I'd buy a slightly less expensive gfx card than the radeon though, you can get a GF4 Ti4200 for about 100 quid and spend what you've saved on a new processer as you are gonna have a bottleneck. You can get an XP1700 for about 50 quid or if your mobo can't take it get a Duron 1.3ghz for about 30.

O

old.yaruar

Originally posted by Teh Fonz!!1
Don't buy a GeForce MX.....apparantly.

I was worried about the MX, mainly due to the sever cut backs... the low end ti's look nice though.

Looks like I should really spec up a new mobo/processor/case/gfx card.

THis might hurt a lot...

T

Tiwaz

What this means is that if you are running a PIII 733 Mhz system with 256MB Ram and a GeForce 4ti video card (or other similar combinations of components), you will probably have fine performance playing Shrouded Isles.

The above quote is from the Recommended Minimum Requirements on RightNow, so your computer should be fine, if you change the videocard:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom