looking for some advice on complementary alb chars

A

angrysquirrel

lo zergers.

im thinking of starting an alt on pryden with my mate, what two chars do you think work well together for some good clean xp fun ?

any advice welcome (if you arent busy standing around a milegate that is).

:)

P

Pin

2 of you playing together?
pally + reaver is my fav atm ;)

A

angrysquirrel

was thinking paly and mincer, what would a reaver offer that a mincer doesnt ? other than whips but thats another story..

P

Pin

Originally posted by angrysquirrel
what would a reaver offer that a mincer doesnt ?

damage, shield-spec, damage, guard, damage

A

acei

Originally posted by angrysquirrel
was thinking paly and mincer, what would a reaver offer that a mincer doesnt ? other than whips but thats another story..
Doesn't need healing, can pull as fast (more than likely faster) than a Paladin. Has high damage positional/bock/parry styles.

A

alithiel50

Paladin and Theurgist

As long as one of them is a paladin you'll probably get along ok.... ;)

O

old.linnet

Paladin + friar is a great combo. So is paladin + sorcerer (can charm a healing pet, but probably you won't need it), and sorcerer + fire wizard. Merc + theurgist is great once you get PBT.

S

stinkie

Matter Cabbie + Wizzard.
Cabbie focus pulls about 8+ yellows then aoe dots. wizz just aoe's

Ice theurg(or sorc) + Wizzard.
Therg pet pulls 8+yellows, wiz spams aoe dmg,theurg spams aoe root.

Friar + pali
Chain solo reds with no down time

Cabbie + cleric
Focus pull same as chanter+druid

R

Repent Reloaded

I've not seen a Lv.50 Reaver fight but I think they r pritty weak.

Seen a warrior take a reaver down when it started fighting with 5% health, and i can easily melee one down myself ... so far.

Cleric / necro
Pally / mincer or two pallys imo
Pally / merc would be good, pally holds aggro while merc chops away.

J

Javai

If you fancy smething that doesn't involve a Paladin, I found Reaver/Theurg worked nicely - Theurg starts out with a pet cast allows Reaver to go straight in with positionals while Theurg either bts or nukes the thing to death (depending on Theurg spec). I guess this would work with any pet class.

F

Fagane

From low till high level a frair can heal people up after combat, do desent dammage, buff and tank if needed.

After that you need something that will help the frair a lot so Armsman, Paladin, Reaver, Mercenary are obvious, but Minstrel, Theurg, Cleric, Cabbie also work very fine!

For a 2 man team from low till high level with lowest down time posible is frair always best option, with paladin a good 2e. I did play some with a 2 frair team, and that really rocks! downtime was 0, becouse you just start to pull yellows so the other rests before you pull the next red. And 1 can disengage to heal the other...

W

whuzzy

Well, as a friar my personal favouite combo still stays either scout + Friar ... or Shield specced Pally + Friar ... both work very very nicely ...

A

Aule Valar

2 sheild specced pallies
then you can take the df princes out yourself :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom