Looking for Players (Migard/Merlin)

Penlid

Fledgling Freddie
Looking for 3 European players to join a grp of 5 friends. Positions available are Aug Healer, Skald, Shaman and Bonedancer. There is 4 spots available as the 5th friend will go whichever class is left. Players MUST have had previous experiance of RvR and own a RR5 character on any realm/server. The current players in the group all have characters on the european server and are rr5+. The server we are looking to RvR on is Midgard/Merlin and we are looking at RvR'ing on a friday night 9pm-1/2am GMT and on monday at 7pm-11pm gmt. Once we have this group running we will decide when we want to run the group at other times in the week.
If you do decide to join us, we will help level you up as fast as we can. And also help with artifacts and all the ToA that is needed for your char.
Please send me a PM on here for more info.

thanks

atos

Fledgling Freddie
You have got to be kidding me? Midgard is like populated there. Don't make it more populated. I might be interested, but that means I'll have to delete my lvl 8 heretic. :<

Only RR5+ I got is on Prydwen tho. ^^

Penlid

Fledgling Freddie
Only spot taken so far is skald. So there is shaman, bd and aug healer left ;)

Fumes

Fledgling Freddie
Check out my signature and look me up on Merlin if you want.

Joor

Can't get enough of FH
atos said:
You have got to be kidding me? Midgard is like populated there. Don't make it more populated. I might be interested, but that means I'll have to delete my lvl 8 heretic. :<

Only RR5+ I got is on Prydwen tho. ^^

Realm,Level Reward ,DaysCamp Bonus,RvRHookpoint Purchases

Albion 7 60% 0% 0%
Hibernia 5 90% 8% 50%
Midgard 5 90% 8% 50%
Looks like both hib and mid are underdogs

Penlid

Fledgling Freddie
Yep it's the busy server and... i think that's us got everyone

Gamah

Banned
I would be semi interested in playing a bd...possibly a shaman (cave spec I assume)

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
Joor said:
Realm,Level Reward ,DaysCamp Bonus,RvRHookpoint Purchases

Albion 7 60% 0% 0%
Hibernia 5 90% 8% 50%
Midgard 5 90% 8% 50%
Looks like both hib and mid are underdogs

numbers are fairly even atm between the realms now, and hibs are zerging RVR to hell and back :p

mids already have a couple of FGs running about, albs have 1 or 2 i think, hibs have loads, together.

And the adding, assjamming and radaring is totally out of control on Merlin btw :)

Litmus

Resident Freddy
Shike said:
numbers are fairly even atm between the realms now, and hibs are zerging RVR to hell and back :p

mids already have a couple of FGs running about, albs have 1 or 2 i think, hibs have loads, together.

And the adding, assjamming and radaring is totally out of control on Merlin btw :)

thought radar could be traced?

atos

Fledgling Freddie
Once again I rolled the wrong server for my soloing warlock, Only class I would considering playing would be skald as I've only played melee chars. I've played aug healer but I really don't like it so.. nm.

Good luck!

Chimaira

Can't get enough of FH
Dorin said:
haha, funny shit.

xD

It aint 100% but Lanc got a unwritten rule about not interfearing with 8v8 fights aka assjamming.

That goes for the guild grps atleast

Penlid

Fledgling Freddie
OK 1 spot left open now either BD or Aug Healer send me a pm for more info.

Chimaira

Can't get enough of FH
The Vn Yanks and ingame yanks are completely different

Im very happily surprised really and so is my whole guild. (who for your info is still full member size and we have also begun a few recruits )

InertiaSlave

Fledgling Freddie
VN Boards - Merlin radar situation

Catacombs forums, also Merlin

Edit: Some copy/paste of the second thread..

Some guy on catacombs forum said:
One of my irl friends tells me he found another guy in my town who plays. So i talk to this guy, and we decide to meet on a Sat. afternoon. We meet, eat, talk, etc. He starts playing daoc while i wait to meet another guy to let him borrow my disks. He loads it up, and omg he's got radar. Before I'm able to start in on any kind of rant about cheating he says to just watch him for a few minutes.

He's playing a bard, first he ports to Dun Crauchon. He runs out, and spots a fg of high rr mids on the opposite side of the west bridge. They beeline to him, he takes off into the water north of the bridge. He runs a loop with them chasing him (note that we havent even seen any enemies in the game yet). They loop around after him, and he dashes back up to the keep.

Then he ports to Beno (we had it open), he runs out to the west, toward's beno3. As soon as he gets out of the water, he spots a decently high rr group of albs coming up from the south (beno3 was on fire, i take it they were coming to help), he takes off to the north again, they change direction and head after him. He runs into the north water area with them chasing, then loops back around to the keep.

Then he makes a run down to bold. There he runs into a 4 man high rr group of mids, they radar him and chase after him, stopping about 1/4 the way back up to beno.

Then he says "see, that is why i use radar."

I get the web page adress and go home after i meet the other guy. I play legit for a bit, porting to beno, swimming down to bold. By the time i got to the NE of bold, i need to take a bio break, so i sink down (before you get to PoC). I come back and a high rr gank group of albs were ravaging my body. Great. So i take a boat this time, make it to bold, and i get popped by mids right as i see the keep.

Frustrated as hell, and with the knowledge that i have a level 50 bard that i too would like to be able to get in decent groups with, i go get radar.

And then the disgusting realization of the extent of radar usage reveals itself to me. Tons of people radar, its everywhere. I have a ignore list of 20+ people from the other realm that i have confirmed without a doubt as radar users. This is all within 1 month's time.

The worst part is, not many people even try to keep it secret that they radar. Whenever i see someone, i try to casually head into their area. Most people just cut an angle and make a straight shot. What's even worse is sometimes when i get radar'd by a fullgroup the leader (the user), will sprint ahead of his group (still out of visible range) so when they actually come up on the me front man is almost out of name distance from the rest of his group. If its not obvious enough that they cut an angle and beeline toward me, you'd think that the leader speed6'ing ahead of his groupinto an empty area would be a sure sign. Hell, there's a realm rank 10 norse skald, Persamega, on my server. There's a "Omfg persamega radar's" post on the front page of VN almost 24/7. The whole fucking server knows he radars. It's been like this for at least 6 months now. I know for a fact he radars. He's the most obvious one. Is he banned yet? Of course not, he's realm rank 10, and laughing at all the people crying about him and throwing their morals around.

This post wasn't made to debate the moral and ethical standpoints of using radar. I just felt that more of the playerbase should know the extent of radar usage. You can flame me all you want for cheating, but i don't believe a law exists if no action is ever taken to enforce it.

If you play a stealther, run with a zerg, or only play thid toons, then yeah, you're pretty immune to getting constantly gayed over by radar. But if you ever want to 8 man in this game, you better have the leader of your group running radar, or you're just going to feed the gank groups rps.

Straef

Can't get enough of FH
Random yank said:
if you use radar underwater is it considered sonar?
Haha ^^
Retarded sad person :( said:
i am and always be a HUGE fan of radar (auto killer) is the best imo and i have bin runnin it on and off for while now. i have never used it on merlin yet but i dont think i need it for campin PoC lol.i know everyone is going to flame me for it but i really dont care!!! mythic cant tell your using it so its sweet

it does cost a bit for it but its worth it so ever one thats looking for a new radar just look it up on google.com and you will find it.........the only reason i and tellin everyone is b/c since mythic cant stop ppl from using it, everyone should have it WTF

enter flames here ________________!! lol
Hmhm those threads kinda dropped my morale inertiaslave :x

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
Litmus said:
thought radar could be traced?

To a certain degree, but not all are catched, no doubt, its horrible on Merlin. :(

and after reading Inertias post, yep, thats pretty much how bad it actually is. Why Mythic does nothing.. I dont know, maybe they simply cant catch them.

InertiaSlave

Fledgling Freddie
It's like bots, taking steps against it means fewer paying costumers. And once the problem becomes so widespread that banning all offenders means a noticable cut in profit margins, it becomes unviable.

This is a hole that should have been covered up ages ago, but now it's just on the verge of being too deep :( .

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom