Looking for Guild

O

old.Ysdor

hi all , i am new to the game and am looking to join a guild .

I recently asked a guild about joining them and felt like i was getting the spanish inquisition .
Turns out this guild had had some body rip them off , yet i felt like an accused b4 i had even joined them .
I can understand being conned etc , yet i believe in being inoccent until proven guilty .
However , i felt as though i was guilty when i applied , even though i am new , so i would like to join a guild that a new person to the game would feel welcome at .
I'm currently a lvl 5scout , hoping to get much higher soon , if your looking for a rogish type of person , that has a sense of humour yet is honorable give me a tell in game , or PM me on these boards

R

Roo Stercogburn

Yeh, I bet that felt awkward.

Been there though - a previous guild I was in, I invited someone into it who turned out to be a real nasty piece of work giving peeps abuse and stuff like that, and it made all of us cautious afterwards. Its a shame though when peeps just come online to have some fun and get the 3rd degree - takes a bit of the shine off and makes it uncomfortable to ask another guild.

Its the occasional 'difficult' characters that make everyone just that little bit wary so in that respect I can understand the guys you were talking to asking you some questions. Also, some guilds have a very definate agenda and want to make sure that anyone who joins will fit in. For some its roleplay and others it's their goal to be a major force in RvR, etc so you can get a lot of questions. Most guilds though quite happy with peeps that just wanna play, have fun, level a bit, drink beer (unless you underage of course ;) ) and kill the stinking Albs/Hibs/Mids (delete as appropriate depending on your realm).

Don't let one experience put you off though, there are a lot of really nice people out there and most guilds that you would want to stay in after joining will be full of fairly friendly peeps. While in game, take a note of some of the guild names floating above peeps heads and see if they have websites to get a feel for them.
Group with peeps and build up a list of contacts. Easier said than done when new and don't know who to talk to I agree but this way you find out who you'd actually like to hang around with anyway.

Hope this babble helps :)

M

Marcus75

Ysdor:

Not to steal your thread but I had to ask the users here a question. I am a GM of a small guild on Prydwen, Midgard and I was wondering how one should handle guys that join and turn out to be idiots.

Is it possible to kick people as a GM? I aim to have a guild with people who enjoy playing in a group and act nicely to others so if I get those rotten apples then I was wondering if I can throw them in the thrash? :)

T

Tagetes

Kick them out!
We've been lucky enough to only have had one idiot so far, but she pushed and pushed :(
Then after one particularly bad night, she was booted.

She was soon signed up by another guild, so we thought it only fair to warn their leader what she was like :)

Haven't seen her around for at least a month now.

O

old.Moongoose

I'm not too happy helping any mids ;)

But the command is '/gc kick' as far as I remember. Not that we need such commands in the civilized realms

Phaeron Moongoose

R

Roo Stercogburn

Booting

lol on stolen thread subject...

We have officer vote to see if peep should be booted. In the case of serious abuse of guildmembers though no vote required and they history! (This of course after checking stories of those involved). Even if peep causing difficulty, we try and turn it around and see if there is some way that we have let the individual down and if there's something that we can do to sort it out. Remember that a lot of the causes of peeps being unhappy in a guild is that they also have expectations from the guild and its not just the guild that should expect stuff from its members.

Of course sometimes you just got a rotten apple and they got to go. Boot with biggest, hardest metal tipped welly.

/gc remove <idiotcharname> is the command to use.

Haven't had to yet (fingers crossed) in Fedaykin, we've been really lucky so far.

M

Marcus75

Thanks for the answers. Let´s get back on-topic now!

O

old.Hendrick

Check sig for link, if you're in for some roleplaying and can play a game without using strange letters all the time, you're welcome :)

G

Gimly

I can recomend the Order of the Knights Templar, I would even go as far as to say they are the second best guild in the whole game. After Griffon Knights of corse :D

O

old.Machiavelli

Well, one way to stop undesirables joining guilds would by trials...

Back in the old days in Asherons Call, there was a guild I wanted to join (Cant remember the name though...). To join, I had to pass 7 tests based on the keypoints of the Guild philosophy, sush as Honour, Loyalty etc... Some of the tests were easy, some tricky, and some you just had to give the kepper of each keypoint your opinion of something... But you had to pass 7 tests with 7 different guild higher-uppers. It took about two weeks, but it was fun, and added a little something to the guild experience - plus the big joining ceremony.....

Anyway, anyone who wasn't that bothered about the guild would probably have given up before bothering to write a short essay on Chivalry....

Just my 2 cp....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom