Looking for domain plus 1 page hosting

'Shy

One of Freddy's beloved
Hi all, hope this is on the correct forum.

A client of my mum's (no smutty remarks please - she's an accountant!), has asked me if I can get him a domain and a simple one page website up and running, with information about his business, contact details, etc.

Designing him an easy .htm page is no problem for me, but there's so many companies out there when I google for "domain names", I was wondering can anyone recommend a site that will let me register a domain name and give me hosting for one page, through ftp or whatever? I purchased my own personal domain through www.networksolutions.com but they don't appear to offer that facility.

Thanks in advance for any help or recommendations :)

Clown

Part of the furniture
Get a domain from 123-reg because it's cheap, and use your ISP hosting if it's just a html page?

Clown

Part of the furniture
For real. Sorry, I assumed you wanted a .uk domain :)

'Shy

One of Freddy's beloved
Not keen on using my ISP hosting, since I'd be using mine, not his, and this is supposed to be a business web page. That's why I want something with hosting included.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
My domain came from Spanner Software (for a .tv), and I redirect that to my own ISP space (the browser address stays the same as the domain).

'Shy

One of Freddy's beloved
Moriath said:
easyspace seemed to work for me .. they do hosting too www.easyspace.com

Thank you, this one looked good, ftp access and free email aswell :) Doesn't say how long it takes to activate tho, but I signed up and wait patiently :)

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
[QUOTE='Shy]Thank you, this one looked good, ftp access and free email aswell :) Doesn't say how long it takes to activate tho, but I signed up and wait patiently :)[/QUOTE]

From what I remember didn' take long to activate .. maybe a day or 2 at the most.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom