Looking for DAOC MIDI file

A

-ag-bometal

Hi,

perhaps a verry uncommon question but i am looking for DAOC midi files...

Preferable the "theme" sound

Why am i looking for these ?

Because i want them to put on my polyphonic cell phone :)

I know , i am true nerd :p

Thx in advance

N

-Nxs-

Re: Re: Looking for DAOC MIDI file

Originally posted by Fafnir
:great:

lol really constructive Fafnir !!

Urm try the \Mythic\Camelot folder (im sure i saw some midi files under there once, Cant check at work but im 99% sure there were some, try a "Find Files" under windows, failing that there may be some MP3's there some utils out there to convert MP3's to MIDI's but obviously you're gona loose alot of quality and will need to tweek the results.

O

old.Tohtori

You have them on your comp. I can find them back at home but they are there somewhere. Like all sounds of the wild and battle of DAoC. Just use some program like winamp to convert them to midi(can't remember if they are infact allready in midi form)

EDIT: And i really should post things when i intend to post them. What NSX said.

N

-Nxs-

Originally posted by old.Tohtori
EDIT: And i really should post things when i intend to post them. What NSX said.

At least get my name right pls THOTOIR </sarcasm> </hug>

O

old.Tohtori

Originally posted by -Nxs-
At least get my name right pls THOTOIR </sarcasm> </hug>

It's three letters, lot can go wrong with three letters! Like writing the words "teh" and "hmi"

Oh and...it's Thotroi

N

-Nxs-

Originally posted by old.Tohtori
It's three letters, lot can go wrong with three letters! Like writing the words "teh" and "hmi"

Oh and...it's Thotroi

hehe understood - sorry Thotori

A

-ag-bometal

Ringtone is good to ? :)

Anyone please

Take me out of my misery :)

O

old.TeaSpoon

I have a nice little proggy, but the best I can do with it is to wav :/

T

Tasans

Shrouded Isles/sounds
All the fx are in wav, the other are in midi. Havent found the main theme in there, but then again there are lots of files.
[Edit] I think the main theme is the track called play, but not sure.

S

Sharma

installation folder/sounds, either installation SI or classic, they both have the sound files there, they are all in .wav form but if you have a midi converter then there ya go :cool:

T

Tasans

Originally posted by sharma
installation folder/sounds, either installation SI or classic, they both have the sound files there, they are all in .wav form but if you have a midi converter then there ya go :cool:
Ehm basically now that i took a good look at it, it appears that the sounds are in mp3 format not wav (only the fx are in wav).
So you need to convert the mp3 into mid.

S

Sharma

ah well prob didnt look at the extensions well but most are in wav so hey i generalised o_O

D

Danya

No game has had midi music in the last, hmmm 5 or 6 years. :p

A

Arri

I think Apathy’s example is about as good as you will get with a wav to midi converter. They just can’t distinguish between the individual notes in a chord properly. I could sort of work out what it was meant to be though :D

The best thing do would be to get someone to play it into a sequencer. I don’t have a midi keyboard at the moment so I can’t do it.

What sort of phone do you have? A lot of phones that can play polyphonic ring tones can also play .wav files or some variation of .wav like .mfm files.

I think the file you want is title.mp3
Winamp can convert them to .wav quite easily – CTRL+P then click on output (under plugins) and select Nullsoft Disk Writer. Press play and it will quickly make a copy in .wav format. Remember to switch it back to Wave Out or you’ll end up making loads of .wavs.

You may then have to convert it to a specific wav format such as 16bit 800Hz mono. You need a wav editor like SoundForge to do this. You might also need to shorten it a little depending on the transfer size limit of your phone.

Finally, depending on the type of phone you have you might need to change the format again.

I just tried it with one of the Cleric buff sounds. It sounds quite similar to the original, if a little distorted.

A

-ag-bometal

Sony Ericsson T300

trying as we speak with wav files

does someone also know a good midi editor where i can cut in midi files (aka make them shorter)

I am using some freaky japanase program atm and believe me the GUI is not user friendly :)

A

Anu

I've got Robert Miles - Children on polyphonic :D

Sounds great ;)

was looking for TImmy Mallet - Itsy Bitsi teenie Weenie (think thats right) :m00:

N

-Nxs-

Originally posted by -ag-bometal
Sony Ericsson T300

trying as we speak with wav files

does someone also know a good midi editor where i can cut in midi files (aka make them shorter)

I am using some freaky japanase program atm and believe me the GUI is not user friendly :)

Used to do a bit of music composition along time ago with MIDI, this is going back about 5 years tho.. a good application at the time was called "Cakewalk" im sure I have it at home still somewhere. It split the midi tracks right down and allowed you to cut-paste and snip, so would be exactly what you were after.

O

old.Vae

Try Soundforge - Not 100% it'll handle it but it does seem to handle practically everything music related.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom