Looking for advice

Trylle^nzi

Fledgling Freddie
Alrite, here I am, too tired of my own ingame life as a stealther, I want to feel the rush of group rvr action(is that still posibble? ;))
But so far I'm pretty confused about what class to pick up, have 3 classes which I've been looking at and thought about the last 2 days, and here goes:

1: Shaman
I guess this class has changed abit with these new buff shearing-thingys and the new popular shaman spec is something like 46 aug, 27 cavemagic? Is it possible at all to get groups as shaman nowadays? Could imagine the active shaman population have increased signficially(sp) with the shearing?
Lets say it's actually possible to get groups with the above spec; what will be my job? assist the MA and shear str/con and base con, evetually plant a DoT? Interrupt with AE and PBAE disease? And all in all just try and stay alive.

2: Runemaster
Again: will it ever be possible to get an invite for rvr group since I don't have PBAE DD?
If it's possible, what spec would ppl want me to have? full suppression for the 6sec pbt, snare nukes and nearsight? 48 RC rest into darkness for Cold debuffing to increase SM baseline nukes and take out an enemy support class with bolts? or just 47 darkness, 26 supp?

3: Spiritmaster
Will I ever get invite as a SM? or will I have to stand in one hellowa long queue cuz of large population of SMs? What will my job be? stand close to healers pbaeing and /assist DD'ing?

Note that I've got all these 3 chars as lvl 50 chars, I just cannot find the time to focus on all of them :)

Looking forward to some great advices here, thanks in advance.

P.s. I'll jump, easy and elegant, over comments like "roll savage as all other ppl"

mightybunny

Fledgling Freddie
runemaster almost never finds grp in emain as sm you might have more luck but you'll need moc or something prolly.

My best bet would be shaman 42aug rest cave or lower aug but still enough for end 4 and yellow-blue resists rest cave

Runolas

Fledgling Freddie
If you want regular invites in Emain - then Shaman is the way to go. There are way too few ppl willing to play support chars out there, cuz everyone and his dog want to wtfpwn everything, be it n00king or ganking. Ok spec with ToA/NF seems to be 43Aug/31Cave/10Mend

jakob

Fledgling Freddie
If you pick the runemaster, the best spec is probably 50 dark, 19 sup, rest rc.

Supression is alright, but if you plan on using Cloudsong and/or Crown of Zahur, you can't have pbt running at the same time. This also makes the 47 dark spec kinda crap. Also there is the problem that the snare on the supp DD's makes targets immune to root, which is the only cc you have. Confuse is useful too, but one has to wonder why it is inferior to the baseline confuse sorcs get.

The darkcarver spec is good too, but only really shines if you are debuffing cold for a dark rm instead of only yourself. Baseline nuking takes LOADS of power. It will be pretty good in NF though cause of bolts and gtaoe. That is if you plan on participating in alot of the keeprvr there.

Leel

Fledgling Freddie
Darkcarver will prolly be better than full dark when the 10% resist pierce cap is introduced. And you get bolts, ae and gtaoe for NF too.
Anyways, there is no real reason for taking sm's instead of rm's atm I think. I played with several rm's in group and they pwn!
I'd go for dark sm or darkcarver for most fun if I were you prolly. Still, I am going through with my full supp spec on my rm, the realms needs it, and will be fun to piss off some scouts. And well, everybody else is fotm, so I don't have to be.

Lothandar

Fledgling Freddie
I don't see a single reason not to use sms in a group. Lack of pbae is bad, and with a rc rm they can nuke for 500-600 happily.

Trylle^nzi

Fledgling Freddie
Alrite, thanks for all of ur answers :) I think I will stick to my shaman, seems that it's easier to get group with that. Also, i've alrdy got some artifacts on my shammy :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom