looking for advice on a caster trio

P

pez

Myself and two friends are planning to lvl 3 casters togethor and i am trying to find the best combination, or atleast a good combination. Problem is none of us have ever really played casters except one who has an ice wiz. We are looking mainly at the mage classes and this is what i have come up with so far.

Mind Sorc for power regen/pet/mez

Matter cabby for the dots

Body Sorc for matter debuff and help dd anything which survives.

The problem i can see though is looking at the character builder the matter debuff is not AoE which makes the AoE dot mass killing alot harder.

Was wondering if anyone can give advice on this combination or even suggest a whole new combination. I don't mean Friar/Pally/Cleric suggestion. Want to stick with 3 casters preferably mages and not Necros

L

Lunabel

Mind Sorc for power regen/pet/mez

Matter cabby for the dots

as y said

and pbaoe icewiz ^_^

F

Flimgoblin

would recommend aoe earth wiz actually :) dd/snare more useful on the charging aoe dotted things than pbaoe (you'll get killed if you try and pbaoe 20 angry pygmy goblins that are running past you anwyay ;))

or...

body cabalist (cleric would be better but you want casters)
matter cabalist
ice wizard.

focus pull, body cabalist heals the pet, ice wizard blows things up.

E

Ekydus

Need I remind you an Ice Wizard attracts A LOT of aggro. If you are in a caster trio it's certain that you'll be tongue wrestling with the floor permenantly.

P

pez

Don't know if anyone can tell me off the top of their head but is the AoE on the earth dd/snare the same as the Aoe radius on the matter cabby dot?

S

Sharp Thing

Originally posted by Ekydus
Need I remind you an Ice Wizard attracts A LOT of aggro. If you are in a caster trio it's certain that you'll be tongue wrestling with the floor permenantly.
tell your tanks to use taunt and they dont agro the pbae-er with focus pulls, trust me :>

E

Ekydus

Originally posted by pez
Myself and two friends are planning to lvl 3 casters togethor

Caster trio = No tanks. Please read before you make a comment which is completely invalid. :rolleyes:

F

- Fedaykin -

spirit caby anyone?

or 1 mind sorc 2 theurgs stacked pbt goodness

C

Cap'n Sissyfoo

How abooooot...

Body/Mind sorc for crack/mez/ae root/debuffs
Matter cabby for AE DoT and Focus Pulls
Fire wiz for AE nukage at gobbies / Earth wiz for AE snare at gobbies

Ice wiz in a three man caster group would be a bad idea ... especially without a healer.

With the sorc debuffs you will find that this combination of casters will chew through most mobs in a matter of seconds.

K

katt!

mind sorc
matter cab
ice wiz

+out of group cleric buffing and healing pet :p

T

Tualatin

mind sorc
necromancer
fire wiz

tho you want no necro :p
i'd try an air theur maybe - with some in earth, so you get somekind of defense

No ice wuz, you dont have anything to protect him :) - So he's destined to die.

F

-Freezingwiz-

3 fire wizzies.... AE nuke all that is higher then orange con...

P

pez

Well pretty much made the decision

Matter cabby

Mind/body Sorc but for most of the lvls just mind

Earth Wiz

+ a fourth might be joining us who is an ice wiz, not sure how that will fit in except perhaps to just finish off any which drag themselves all the way to us

O

old.LandShark

Re: Re: looking for advice on a caster trio

Caster trio = No tanks. Please read before you make a comment which is completely invalid. :rolleyes:

Please don't be condescending when you're wrong, not even to Sharpo. He said focus pulling pet (i.e. what they'd be stupid not to do with that matter cabby) holds aggro against PBAE. Relevant, valid and correct.

S

Sharp Thing

Re: Re: looking for advice on a caster trio

nub, see landsharks post, was refering to focus pulling and when you grp (normal grp, with tanks!) you wont get agro if your tanks taunt :>

B

bult

Acctually ice wizard draw very little aggro compared to thier dmg output. PBAE aggro is spread over the group the caster only get slighly less aggro all a tank needs to do is hit the mob :eek: or the mob to hit a focus shielded pet ;>

1 mind sorc 1 matter cab 1 icewiz... would be good with some heals for the pet tough

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom