long shot...laptop vertical dead pixels

Phantomby

Loyal Freddie
Hi, i have an alienware laptop and have 4 lines of dead pixels running down the screen from top to bottom ( 2 near the middle and 2 on the right hand side). Now im no technical genius but i was told that this could be a loose connection or is the screen shafted?

Is there any software you can get to flash the pixels back into life? (can you provide a link to such software?)

dealing with alienware is a complete nightmare (i advise anyone not to touch them with a bargepole) after spending £500 and around 4 months of my life chasing them for fixes and finally to get my laptop back in this state.

Im loath to send it back for a new screen (as they are complete muppets and i will be charged another £175 odd and probably another 2 month turn around time) So wondered if i could do anything to try and cure it myself?

any techies know the ins and outrs of laptop screens?

Cheers

Naffets

Can't get enough of FH
no you dont lol.

Is it a recent return from alienware?

Was it returned in a faulty state?

Is it out of warranty?

Phantomby

Loyal Freddie
no you dont lol.

Is it a recent return from alienware?

Was it returned in a faulty state?

Is it out of warranty?

yes, ive contacted them after the machine failed to boot when returned, sat on phone with screwdriver pushing mem sticks in and found windows corrupted when it finally booted. (edit: on advise of technical manager of alienware)

yes see above

yes unfortunatly. ikm currently being ignored by e-mail complaints and their customer lines are a joke.(around 15 calls logged so far)

and thats the tip of the iceburg of my dealings with them...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom