lol perforateartery.com hacked :S

Bahumat

FH is my second home
thats a shame cause its a really useful forum.

im guessing they have backup's to which they can use to restore?

MadsKaizer

Fledgling Freddie
Bahumat said:
thats a shame cause its a really useful forum.

im guessing they have backup's to which they can use to restore?

well, when people "hacks" websites, its very often just a deface, ie. they just change the index files, and copy the actual website into another folder, or rename the original indexfile, when they have taken over control of the webserver.

I would never call people that do this for hackers, its all script kiddies, everyone can download a war package with tools/scripts etc and do this.
The real hackers are those that reverse engineer software/hardware to gain more control of the software/hardware, without harming others just because they can.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
MadsKaizer said:
well, when people "hacks" websites, its very often just a deface, ie. they just change the index files, and copy the actual website into another folder, or rename the original indexfile, when they have taken over control of the webserver.

I would never call people that do this for hackers, its all script kiddies, everyone can download a war package with tools/scripts etc and do this.
The real hackers are those that reverse engineer software/hardware to gain more control of the software/hardware, without harming others just because they can.

Read your Horde pm's Mr Meteor

Ryuno

Can't get enough of FH
MadsKaizer said:

by your very definition hackers never do it to harm people. Thats just not true. :)

All they have done to do what you see on PA.com, is inject Javascript into a pretty well known loop hole. The actual pages REAL contents is still there, the javascript has just put what you see over the top. (If you check the HTML source, this is easy to see).

That isn't hacking, thats just lame. :)

MadsKaizer

Fledgling Freddie
Ryuno said:
by your very definition hackers never do it to harm people. Thats just not true. :)

All they have done to do what you see on PA.com, is inject Javascript into a pretty well known loop hole. The actual pages REAL contents is still there, the javascript has just put what you see over the top. (If you check the HTML source, this is easy to see).

That isn't hacking, thats just lame. :)

read my post :p

I said those that "hack" websites are scriptkiddies

those that can reverse engineer different technologies are hackers, hence the term hacker is widely misunderstood.

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
Seen so many forums defaced and some with the forum's data trashed completely.

If you run phpBB your asking for trouble if your site is popular and noticed

http://secunia.com/product/463/

I rest my case.

If you was to run some forums then get vB, I had an alert email from one of the many security distribution lists we used at work about a problem in vB but the patch was released the day before the security announcement - now thats service !

Free forums have their place but not for me :)

XenX

Fledgling Freddie
madzkaiser iv tried to correct people on this alot man but everyone still call scrip kiddies hackers, give sthe hacker community a bad name and a reputation they definitly dont deserve, for those of you who dont know what he is talking about a "hacker" can actually understand what he/she is doing and very rarely actually use their knowledge, and when they do.. you know about it.. a script kiddie, is some random moron who downloaded a program that a hacker made and uses it to annoy people

Ame

Fledgling Freddie
You know you're a nerd when you complain on what a hacker is.

Ame

Fledgling Freddie
Gamah said:
you know your an emo when your name is ame.
w00t I'm an emo.

just going to go and listen to some depressing music now, and cut my wrist with this plastic knife. i'll perhaps write a 7th suicide note and write a poem in my diary before ending my life.

(Anyone listened to "Emo Kid" by Adam and Andrew? semi-funny)

Gamah

Banned
Ame said:
w00t I'm an emo.

just going to go and listen to some depressing music now, and cut my wrist with this plastic knife. i'll perhaps write a 7th suicide note and write a poem in my diary before ending my life.

One can dream.

TheBinarySurfer

Can't get enough of FH
Ame said:
w00t I'm an emo.

Call me pendantic but thats your stereotyped goth not emo? Emo just SLIGHTLY different...

Eeben

Fledgling Freddie
Elitestoner said:
goths hate other people, not themselves

goth ppl are like teh c00lest ppl ever.. think about it, every day they look them in the mirror an think damn i look good!!! wish it was me :( boys with makeup r0x :worthy:

swords

Can't get enough of FH
Can i read a thread WITHOUT someone mentioning fucking Emo :p

Himse

FH is my second home
swords said:
Can i read a thread WITHOUT someone mentioning fucking Emo :p

nope, i reckon everyones posts from now on must have atleast 1 EMO in it. would be rather EMO to have EMO's in your EMO posts :<

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom