LOKI v2 sucks!

Konah

Fledgling Freddie
anyone got the older version knocking around thier hd or know where i can get it? :cheers:

Gungo

One of Freddy's beloved
Loki 2 is awesome imo, been using it since beta, even have platinum version unlocked, wouldnt be without it now tbh.

Pirkel

Fledgling Freddie
The funny thing is I can see that it's uber... I can see that it's well made and why people would like it ... I think I was/am just so used to the original Loki (which I also have the paid version off... it was worth every penny) that I couldn't get used to the new system.

Cylian

Fledgling Freddie
pretty much the same, just that you can enter multiple items for a slot and loki decides what's best to fit in there.
Nice stuff :)

limpit

Fledgling Freddie
Gungo said:
Loki 2 is awesome imo, been using it since beta, even have platinum version unlocked, wouldnt be without it now tbh.
wanna pm me your unlock key ? :D

Tualatin

Fledgling Freddie
Key sharing would be illegal huh?

-
Changing your own registry isn't :p

Ixoth

One of Freddy's beloved
Gungo said:

Same here. Its great tool.

Also about key sharing, don't be r*tard and share it. Its your personal key, the author(s) of the program has done lot of work to develop such a program and deserves donation as a registeration fee of few bucks.

Pirkel

Fledgling Freddie
Ixoth said:
Same here. Its great tool.

Also about key sharing, don't be r*tard and share it. Its your personal key, the author(s) of the program has done lot of work to develop such a program and deserves donation as a registeration fee of few bucks.

Agree ... ripping off the small software developers is lame

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
If you like a piece of software, especially that designed by someone who doesn't belong to a huge corporation; do them a favour and pay the £5-10 fee to register your own copy.

Kaun_IA

Fledgling Freddie
i lub loki v2 BUT it stll very bugged...

like some tank classes dont have 2h stats.. only s/s. etc.

but havent noticed eny other big bug. i have gotten used to the new system very well and cant go back to older korts or loki ones no more :)

Konah

Fledgling Freddie
ye well v2 does look like a sweeter solution for auto templating etc, problem is i use loki as my manual sc prog and for that, im afraid v2 is dogshit :)

title of thread is misleading, Loki pwns!!1, just v2 is no good for me personally :p

Elitestoner

Can't get enough of FH
i paid for it, but still use the old version. cant get v2 around my head :p

Ixoth

One of Freddy's beloved
Kaun_IA said:

but havent noticed eny other big bug. i have gotten used to the new system very well and cant go back to older korts or loki ones no more :)

I agree there are some bugs in the latest version of the Loki 2 platinium version. SO use the forums and report the bugs, heiml can't fix them if he doesn't know about them m8. Just describe them in detail there, and I am quite sure he'll get them ironed out.

About the looks of v2 of Loki, well no comment. Its matter of personal preference. To me its fine, you can adjust the looks a bit from the View menu.

MesS°

One of Freddy's beloved
Kaun_IA said:

Its you who deside if its a 2h temp or an s/s temp. You set it up under Config, where you allso set char name/race and level. So you can see the correct items.

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Registered version comes with a complete Database too?

Ixoth

One of Freddy's beloved
Gahn said:
Registered version comes with a complete Database too?

No. It does contain artifacts, but rest you have to get places like: http://www.ethinarg.com/ , you unzip the xml zip package from that url, in loki you'll load this xml file, and then import it to the database.

I've understood that all these imported files are saved in user.db file located in Loki's installation directory. So basically if you got a mate who has imported many items to his database, by copying this file to your installation directory, you'll get items relative easily copied for your templating.

AFAIK heimdl figured that its not a good policy to have the latest "snapshot" of current items say from that ethinarg be saved to a database, as these items are notarious to contain errors, or old info (patches have changed stats of some items, and these hasn't been updated etc).

So basically at first time you use the Loki, you are on your own what items (par artifacts) you try to feed for the consult to figure out optimal template.

Its no big deal imo, all these templates I've done in past 1-2 years, do consists on few dozens of good items - well at least in midgard :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom