Logitech Optical Mouse

M

Mellow-

Logitech Opital Mouse

Every so often the cursor just whizzes about the screen, on a desktop this is a slight annoyance, but in a FPS this can be fatal.

Anyone know why this happens?

J

Jonty

Hi Mellow-

I can only really suggest the usual things:

• Check you have the latest drivers
  • Make sure the optical sensor on the underside of the mouse is clean
  • Make sure the surface you are using is not unsuitable, as defined in the manual
Sorry I can't be of more help

Edit ~ Do you have a specific model number or is the mouse wireless? If it is wireless, then check the transmitter isn't covered, check the mouse is fully charged and check there are no other nearby electronic items which may interfere with the signal (unlikely, but you never know).

Edit ~ If your mouse is wireless, then this FAQ may be of use:

Q: My cursor doesn't move or it jerks around the screen; what's wrong?
A: Most likely the mouse and receiver need to be re-synchronized. Just press the "Connect" button on the receiver, then press the connect button on the bottom of the mouse. Also, any electrical device such as the computer monitor, Zip drives, speakers, etc., can cause interference with Logitech cordless products. Usually this affects the tracking of pointing devices or the range. Also, using Logitech cordless devices on a metal desk or a desk with a metal frame can cause problems with pointing device behavior and range. To resolve these types of issues, try moving the receiver at least 8 inches away from other electrical devices. You can also resolve interference issues by moving the mouse closer to the receiver. You may want to experiment with different locations and positions for the receiver. Another alternate solution is to elevate the receiver by placing it on a CD-ROM case or other item.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom