Loggin DR problem

Xereus

Fledgling Freddie
i cant loggin with DR, after i bought DR trought www.darkageofcamelot.com and activated it and downloaded and installed i cant loggin with it. it says: "account or password incorrect". but it isnt incorrect since i can loggin with catacobs client with same password and username.

HELP !:eek7:

Kaelimar

Fledgling Freddie
Xereus said:
i cant loggin with DR, after i bought DR trought www.darkageofcamelot.com and activated it and downloaded and installed i cant loggin with it. it says: "account or password incorrect". but it isnt incorrect since i can loggin with catacobs client with same password and username.

for me it seems that you got US version

but that might be what you wanted

Xereus

Fledgling Freddie
No, i play europe... so, how or can i change to EU insted of US ?

Herjulf

Banned
SOMETIMES <-- caps ^^

When updater fails to contact europe patch server, some sort of builtin failsafe updates your version to US version.
This is something supposedly fixed since long but seem to be back or was never fixed.

This is how u fix it:

open the file DR installdir\update.dat with notepad
check that you have these lines if not overwrite

Code:
Mythic Patch
patch.camelot-europe.com:1280/updates/english/darkness/mpatch.dat
patch.camelot-europe.com:1280/updates/english/darkness/mpatch.dat

I think this should be enough for the updater to overwrite your files and replace then with euro version ones.

It is possible you also have to edit this file dr installdir\login.dat
and if different then code below overwrite that also.

Code:
# Socket descriptor list
[main]
numofservers=10
quickplay=0

[daocclient0]
addr=193.252.123.20
port=10500

[daocclient1]
addr=193.252.123.30
port=10500

[daocclient2]
addr=193.252.123.20
port=10501

[daocclient3]
addr=193.252.123.30
port=10501

[daocclient4]
addr=193.252.123.20
port=10502

[daocclient5]
addr=193.252.123.30
port=10502

[daocclient6]
addr=193.252.123.20
port=10503

[daocclient7]
addr=193.252.123.30
port=10503

[daocclient8]
addr=193.252.123.20
port=10504

[daocclient9]
addr=193.252.123.30
port=10504

Herjulf

Banned
Xereus said:

That is ofc based on that u actually bought and downloaded the EUROPEAN version of DAOC.
Which seem unlikely if you did as you described above.

GOA have the license to daoc in europe, so if you want to play euro, you also got to buy a european license of daoc.

if you used www.darkageofcamelot.com (Mythic´s page the US company that developed daoc), you most likely bought a US license.

IF you activated DR on your EURO account via www.camelot-europe.com you should be able to use the US version and change the files i described to get it to work.

Xereus

Fledgling Freddie
Herjulf said:
That is ofc based on that u actually bought and downloaded the EUROPEAN version of DAOC.
Which seem unlikely if you did as you described above.

GOA have the license to daoc in europe, so if you want to play euro, you also got to buy a european license of daoc.

if you used www.darkageofcamelot.com (Mythic´s page the US company that developed daoc), you most likely bought a US license.

IF you activated DR on your EURO account via www.camelot-europe.com you should be able to use the US version and change the files i described to get it to work.

thx herjulf :p gonna try it now, since i bought the licence from camelot.europe.goa.com with my subscrib page :p

Xereus

Fledgling Freddie
well it didnt work, BUT ! i visited the chronicle of camelot homepage and downloaded from thei directory, and it worked... thx for trying ! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom