Locked doors in relic keeps

G

-gama-

You know those locked doors in relic keeps, the one in that tower above door 1 and 2, in middy relic keeps anyway. Have you ever wondered whats behind it, or where you can find that elusive key?

We have several theories so far, including enslaved kobolds rotating the sun and moon, goa's control towers, or even that a sneaky troll half-inched the unconcious king Arthur while several smite clerics argued whos turn it was to waste power on rezzing the fallen king.

Any more ideas out there? :p

C

cHodAX

I heard the legendary 'PIE' of Albion is stored in there................

A

arladon

Is there a window from the outside into the room? Maybe a stealther could climb up there and release the Ninja Monkeys from ultimate doom! :ninja:
<looks around>
Hey where is everybody going?

A

arladon

Is there a window from the outside into the room? Maybe a stealther could climb up there and release the Ninja Monkeys from ultimate doom! :ninja:
<looks around>
Hey where is everybody going?

C

Cronn

I've heard it is/was a control room for the first 2 doors in a relic keep, assasin chars would be able to scale the keep wall and use the lockpicking skill (never implemented) to open the door then use the controls to open the main doors for their realm mates to come in and bash the third door.

A

arladon

Aye, and this one time. I opened my closet and then I stepped into Narnia and road a white cloud dog and we sang: Never ending stooooooyyyyyy, nanana nanana nana na! And then I saved the world with my best friend, the nutcracker and tapped my heels together and said: Theres no place like home.

Do you see the connection between our "tales"?

C

Cavex ElSaviour

Originally posted by Cronn
I've heard it is/was a control room for the first 2 doors in a relic keep, assasin chars would be able to scale the keep wall and use the lockpicking skill (never implemented) to open the door then use the controls to open the main doors for their realm mates to come in and bash the third door.

This actually makes some sence. the description of the infilttrator says that he can sneak to the other side of the door to open it.

A

Alrindel

That "secret room" is called the gatehouse, and there is one in each relic keep.

http://silent-death.net/images/misc_gatehouse_1.jpg

Thanks to a nasty graphics bug during a crafting supply run to Dun Dagda, I can now exclusively reveal to you the never-before-seen SECRETS OF THE GATEHOUSE!

http://silent-death.net/images/misc_gatehouse_2.jpg
http://silent-death.net/images/misc_gatehouse_3.jpg

(note: the doors were transparent but still there - I couldn't go through or target anything on the other side).

Anyways, each gatehouse contains two gate switches identical to the ones at the frontier keeps that, presumably, correspond to the first two relic keep gates. In the original game design, there was a notion that assassins could contribute to keep raiding by climbing the walls, sneaking in, and opening the gates from inside, so they were incorporated into the keep model. The scheme was abandoned pretty early on because, well basically because it's a pants idea, but the switches were never removed. I have no idea if they even work - that is, if the code is in place to open the gates if you could get in there and click on them.

F

Falcon

Someone suggested we try ramming it down once, but after I mentioned the fact that when it opens we may be faced with Kemor sat on the toilet reading a newspaper in there, people decided maybe the door is better left shut.

S

Svartur

Lets try and ram those doors down and settle this once and for all.
You albs or hibbies go on vacation while we mids try this. I promise we wont touch the 3rd door... ;)

B

Belsameth

Alrindel is right, as usual. Sanya answered this question on the herald quite a while back

S

Sibanac

Isnt there a switch on the inside next to the second door aswell.

I seem to remember wondering what it did, but since it wasnt red with a big sign 'do not touch' above it i lost intrest when i saw a pretty rock.

O

old.Hellskor

There's just the two levers inside the Gatehouse room.
Neither can you target the door, nor can you target/use the levers.
Got inside with some clipping bug last year, nothing to see there ;)

A

Aeiedil

bugabuse!!!!!!! :mad: j00 abuse da bugzz0r to unlock the uberleet secrets of the banaanana relic :mad: you shall buuuuuurn

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom