Locally generated lag spikes

Chilly

Balls of steel
Just built a new machine with some el cheapo on board Gbit chipset and get lag whever I meet mids/hibs withotu fail, also when im near lots of any type of player/monster. Its getting quite fruistrating and the only solo kills iv made on my sorc recently have been 0 skill moc+rr5 shield button bashing which is no fun at all.

Anyone got any idead what it could be? I read alithiels post but the program gave me a big long list of 000 for all but tow latencies which were neither gfx card nor ethernet controller :(

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
If it's a 3com gigabit nic, go to properties and disable hardware checksumming. This is the cause of a lot of weird problems with that card. I've seen people who were fine on one server but getting insta LDs on a different one because of that.

Daedalus

Can't get enough of FH
Also make sure that you have the latest drivers for the network interface.

Chilly

Balls of steel
not a 3com, its a Broadcom NetXtreme jobby - i turned off flow control and checksumming anyway and still no cigar :(

Chilly

Balls of steel
Daedalus said:
Also make sure that you have the latest drivers for the network interface.
juust found em, testing now

Danamyr

Fledgling Freddie
See if a friend can loan you a PCI card just to compare mate...I'm not suggesting it'll work, but it's got to be worth the effort.

GL :)

Chilly

Balls of steel
aye, thats the next step, im going back home (im at uni atm) in a week and have piles of random pc bits there I can swap in and out to test, was kinda hoping it was a simple software problem.

Chilly

Balls of steel
Fixed, some tard had fucked wiht my router+modem settings so back had DHCP on and it was fucking everything up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom