Loans...

scoop

Can't get enough of FH
FH Subscriber
Hiya!

a weeee bit off topic, kinda:

Was wondering if any of you have taken out loans recently.. Due to being knee high in debt (credit cards, store cards etc...) i'm looking to get one.

Have applied to a few companies already but most have turned me down due to my credit rating.. I've heard that some companies do not perform credit checks, is that true? I dont have a mortgage so i cant put a house up against it for insurence or anything..

Any help would be great...

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
scoop said:
Any help would be great...

I know I'm not helping...but do you think that's wise? If you're already strapped for cash I'd imagine the last thing you'd want is another ball added to the chain at your ankle mate :(

scoop

Can't get enough of FH
FH Subscriber
Hehe yeah i suppose so.. Its mainly that im useless with managing my money, and where its being sent to.. So having just one bill coming through each month just seems easier to handle.. and in a stupid kinda way it would leave me with more money each month.

Can still remember partents / brothers / sisters telling me never to get cards, but hey its "free money" and all that..

Live and learn! :|

Oh and thanks for the links dysfunction will take a look. Would be interested to see what they say about my credit history.

AND to make matters worse, i'll hopefully be going to uni this september and if they are all refusing me now, im gonna be in trouble when it comes to asking for a £15k loan :(

jaba

Fledgling Freddie
scoop, how old are you? I would really advise against a loan before you go to uni getting that in debt is a bad idea cos it only gets worse at uni unless you manage your money really well! Buuut, on the plus side, once you leave uni people will throw money at you left right and centre, sadly not for free though! :(

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Store cards = 20% +
Credit cards = 18% +

Get a loan, there are plenty advertising loans for people with CCJ's etc. Pay off all of your debts, and pay the loan back. Overpay whenever you can.

Never, EVER, get store cards. Also, try getting a new credit card, and transferring the balance across (for the 6 months interest free). Thats 6 months of credit that you won't be paying interest on. When those 6 months are up, transfer the balance again, to another CC.

xane

Fledgling Freddie
Tom said:
Also, try getting a new credit card, and transferring the balance across (for the 6 months interest free). Thats 6 months of credit that you won't be paying interest on. When those 6 months are up, transfer the balance again, to another CC.

I think you'll find most transfer agreements extend to 12 months, still it can cut down the interest.

scoop

Can't get enough of FH
FH Subscriber
Tom said:
Store cards = 20% +
Credit cards = 18% +

Get a loan, there are plenty advertising loans for people with CCJ's etc. Pay off all of your debts, and pay the loan back. Overpay whenever you can.

Never, EVER, get store cards. Also, try getting a new credit card, and transferring the balance across (for the 6 months interest free). Thats 6 months of credit that you won't be paying interest on. When those 6 months are up, transfer the balance again, to another CC.

Tom do you know of any? As far as i know the companys that are most willing to give people loans in those circimstances have a mortgage etc.. maybe im wrong though?

scoop, how old are you?

The stupid age of 20! :)

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
Recently got a loan off Tesco, great APR and they accepted me......

...stupid bastids. MUWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA....

*gets house repossessed*

Tom

I am a FH squatter
If you can't afford to repay the debt, then speak with your creditors. You might well find them very helpful, to the point that they will restructure your debts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom