Lloyds Rides to rescue of HBOS!

Mey

Part of the furniture
mwhahahah! Gogo Black Horse eat those lesser banks in your path!

(This is quite literally a once in a lifetime take-over, I can't see the govt. letting such a large joining happen again! Good times!)

pikeh

Resident Freddy
It's more of a David and Goliath situation isn't it?
AFAIK Hbos was much bigger than teh Black H0rse of D00m

Mey

Part of the furniture
Yes and no, lloyds is the biggest provider of Current accounts, HBOS has more mortgages and savings.

Because of the diverse investment that lloyds holds it is at far less at risk than most of the uk banks (though this merger has increased the exposure by three times.. :S)

We tried to purchase Abbey in 2001 but were blocked and told to look over seas so this is a big break for lloyds hehe - And lets remeber its a take-over not a merger deal :p

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
yeah i'd never thought about it like that ololoooolololll

Laddey

FH is my second home
I kissed meys mum an she liked ittttttttttt i tastes of her cherry chapstick!!!!!!!!!

pikeh

Resident Freddy
Yes and no, lloyds is the biggest provider of Current accounts, HBOS has more mortgages and savings.

Because of the diverse investment that lloyds holds it is at far less at risk than most of the uk banks (though this merger has increased the exposure by three times.. :S)

Thanks for clarification :)

We tried to purchase Abbey in 2001 but were blocked and told to look over seas so this is a big break for lloyds hehe - And lets remeber its a take-over not a merger deal :p

Instead we got a shitty spanish back who made my debit card look like a twat! Serif font?!?!?

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
i'm with HBOS (Bank of Scotland to be exact) so hopefully no stress for me

Mey

Part of the furniture
I doubt any changes will happen for a good year atleast.

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
but at least i dont lose my bank account. tho losing my loan would have been nice

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
I'm just doing a remortgage through HBOS, although it the Guernsey Offshore lot, wonder if it will affect it. They've already said its been agreed and I sent a cheque to pay the set up. Bastards better not stiff me! Or I'll get some local to holy jihad their arse!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom