Little survey

Jarahl

Can't get enough of FH
Has anyone in here every served? I mean serving in the military outside country borders.

kiliarien

Part of the furniture
I have declared war on alcoholic drinks in countries around the world and consumed them. Does that count?

Ashala

One of Freddy's beloved
Has anyone in here every served? I mean serving in the military outside country borders.

NO! got a notification of illness from my local doctor that i have an illness that excludes me from military service, ashy 1 evil danish military 0, :D

/wave jacob!

Ezteq

Queen of OT
nope, but i would like to say i have a very high reguard for those who do/have done.

i appreciate the work they do and i'm not ashamed to admit it.

Jarahl

Can't get enough of FH
I've just been thinking lately, that I miss it.

Part of me really hate what I've seen and never wants to go back.

But the other part of me really really wants to go back out there, lead people into combat again and all that.

I can't tho, I messed it up :(

Had some serious PTSD issues after I got back the last time and I got involved with some very dangerous people and got myself a minor prison sentence :( This is enough to prohibit me from every getting the rank of Staff Sergeant again I believe.

Is something wrong with me though? Why on earth would I want to go back and see all the horrors humans can do to each other?

Edit: /wave Lasse

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Nope, couldn't, mandatory for finnish men and i gots the diabeteses so they wouldn't take me.

I'm so bummed. Honestly. I am, really bummed that if/when a war breaks, i have to run away like brave sir robin with all the hot women to evne hotter women in sweden :(

I'm superserial! It's hell! :p

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
My plan was to serve my time, while figuring out what I wanted to do.. I never had any intentions of going across the borders in actual war, because my older brother did and I experienced and saw what it did to his surroundings, and I didn't want to put my friends and family through it. My mom told me, while my big brother was in Afghanistan, that she would never have survived having her two boys in the military. But when I turned 18 I had a few surgeries, so I couldn't get in.. Now I'm in uni and loving it

As Ez, I have tonnes of respect to those who are or have been deployed

Helme

Resident Freddy
Nope, I didn't get to serve in the military here in the first place(I had just taken off the cast from my broken arm when it was time, failed the strength test miserably).

Marc

FH is my second home
Part of me wants to, but deep down I know I would go to pieces as soon as the first bullet was fired.

Azurus

Can't get enough of FH
Nay but my brother has a place at Sandhurst after he finishes his law degree (blah blah wanker)

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Nope :] Because I was born just after the French made it so it wasn't mandatory XD

liloe

It's my birthday today!
Gladly I escaped the military. A friend of mine does lots of things in the military, but really, I could never be arsed to do the "getting up early just to eat some dirt" thing ^^

I know some people really enjoy it (well, namely that friend of mine), but it's totally not my thing ^^

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
I used to want to go in the army, quite a bit of that was because that was what my family said I should do from when I was a little kid, I got as far as the pre entry tests and decided it wasn't for me. In some ways I regret not joining up but I don't think i would be a huge fan of getting shot at by people defending their country for a cause that will mean nothing in 20-30 years. If for any reason we were to be invaded then I would sign up but I don't really see the point in buggering off half way around the world to fight in a war that has nothing to do with me.

From the stories my family have told me (most are in the army) it sounds like a lot of fun most of the time, travelling the world, doing interesting things etc but the shooty shooty stuff doesnt sound much fun.

Jarahl

Can't get enough of FH
Part of me wants to, but deep down I know I would go to pieces as soon as the first bullet was fired.

Actually Marcus you'd prolly be surprised to realize that when getting shot at by low caliber weapons you often react exactly as you are trained for the first week of military training.

Return fire at the general direction to gain fire superiority

Get on the ground to make yourself a harder target to hit

Seek cover

Return fire with aimed shots.

That's what I did anyways, without even thinking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom