Little question

Tholus

Fledgling Freddie
Very very old player, retired long time ago, thinking about the possibility of coming back.

Little question: promised myself long time ago I wouldn't come back untill buffbot were been eliminated. How is the situation at the moment? Did Mythic got rid of the weird wallwatchers?

TY

Tholus

Gamah

Banned
No buffs are still...if not more proliferant than ever. Almost everyone I know has a buffbot..I have 2 :p Also now some people have taken it apon themselves to run with thier bots (giving them 3000 extra hp from DI) fun fun! They also use the excuse that thier class can't solo or whatever because it lacks utility (no names) why they don't actully help the game by running with an active cleric is beyond me.

Tholus

Fledgling Freddie
I'll keep the distance for another year or two then ;).

Have fun!

Gamah

Banned
Tholus said:
I'll keep the distance for another year or two then ;).

Have fun!

In 2 years warhammer will be out, and I doubt there will be much of a daoc left to come back to!

Inso

One of Freddy's beloved
Gamah said:
In 2 years warhammer will be out, and I doubt there will be much of a daoc left to come back to!
Oh noes! The sky is falling!

Zede

Part of the furniture
or, if you dont wanna buy a buffbot acc, play a Vampire instead - they get self buffs.

Gamah

Banned
Caeli said:
Oh noes! The sky is falling!

it's not doom sayings it's a fact..the next mythic title will be the end of thier support mostly for Daoc.

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Zede said:
or, if you dont wanna buy a buffbot acc, play a Vampire instead - they get self buffs.

Or you could roll a cleric

44 Enhance, rest rej or smite seems a good spec nowadays :)

Alaron

Fledgling Freddie
Gamah said:
No buffs are still...if not more proliferant than ever. Almost everyone I know has a buffbot..I have 2 :p Also now some people have taken it apon themselves to run with thier bots (giving them 3000 extra hp from DI) fun fun! They also use the excuse that thier class can't solo or whatever because it lacks utility (no names) why they don't actully help the game by running with an active cleric is beyond me.

Some people run with both passive and active clerics. Some people can't find an active cleric and run with a passive one to provide some healing for their group. Some people leave their clerics in places where you can't touch them. And some people bend the truth to suit their needs.

jamiesmallicus

One of Freddy's beloved
stay off m8

if ya dont like bbs ...alot run with buffbots attached like alaron who posted just above...they dont see it as cheating but just the way the game has gone...so if you hated bbs like i used to..u gonna hate it even more now...they run with a cleric on there back who heals automatically from a power pool very lame...but guess peeps decide to play the game the way they want..
jamie

jamiesmallicus

One of Freddy's beloved
alaron

some people aka u..should run with out your di bot its just plain cheating m8....u a good caster so why use silly advantages and cheats??

jamie

Alaron

Fledgling Freddie
Alright, let's not turn this thread into another discussion about the use of DI bots, there's one in the rvr section about that. Yes, buffbots have become accepted as being part of the game. Everyone is more or less on equal footing now, just as it was when bbs were a rarity (a very long time ago).

Alaron

Fledgling Freddie
jamiesmallicus said:
some people aka u..should run with out your di bot its just plain cheating m8....u a good caster so why use silly advantages and cheats??

jamie

Jamie please, if you have a problem with me, take it to PMs. The use of DI, either on a passive or active cleric is perfectly legal.

Thegreatest

Fledgling Freddie
I don't see a problem with people who run together with their buffbot...Why don't you just kill the bot first so the DI doesn't kick in?

DocWolfe

Part of the furniture
unfortunately buffbots put people who dont have enough money to pay for two accounts (i.e. me being a poor student) at a disadvantage. At the end of the day it's like buying items on ebay and getting an unfair advantage that way, because it comes down to who has the money to do it.

Cavex ElSaviour

Fledgling Freddie
Gamah said:
it's not doom sayings it's a fact..the next mythic title will be the end of thier support mostly for Daoc.

although i agree this is highly probable, stating its a fact is somewhat.... damn, my english. can anyone please translate "voorbarig" voor me

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Alaron said:
Jamie please, if you have a problem with me, take it to PMs. The use of DI, either on a passive or active cleric is perfectly legal.

Would you whine so much if Alarons buffbot was played by his brother?

Cruhar

Fledgling Freddie
Thegreatest said:
I don't see a problem with people who run together with their buffbot...Why don't you just kill the bot first so the DI doesn't kick in?

Because its just not possible...

I as paladin do ~200 damage to a bot which have ~2000hp, whilst the owner nukes me for ~500 damage every 1.2 sec...

Should I pop my IP3 (if I had that), I might get lucky and bring the bot down, and I would still need to kill the caster, who might aswell have MoC3 as I have IP3....

Should I be lucky enough to get slam off on the caster, he is disabled for 9 sec, then I can instant-taunt him for another 3-5 sec... (if no Purge ofc.)

That assuming I dont get rooted, mezzed or stunned .... and get within melee-range :m00:

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Personally those that run with a di bot are WORSE off then if they were running with a active buffbot who can stun, smite heal etc

Less whining Jamie,didnt you start running with a lowbie as your blockbot when you specced to 2h :rolleyes:

noblok

Part of the furniture
Cavex ElSaviour said:
although i agree this is highly probable, stating its a fact is somewhat.... damn, my english. can anyone please translate "voorbarig" voor me
Warning: off-topic piece about translations. That would be "hasty/rash". Interglot.com is a pretty nice site for translations. Don't forget to enter the translation into dictionary.com afterwards to make sure you're using the right nuance. The best thing to do when you don't have these tools available is to give your sentence another twist, such as: "it is still a bit too early to consider this a fact yet."

jamiesmallicus

One of Freddy's beloved
the point is why not run without??
its a unfair advantage which moraley i would never consider because i think its cheating..

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
if ye don't like buffbots - roll a vampiir on hib or a heretic on alb :)

or just make some friends and use theirs ;)

Rub

One of Freddy's beloved
Cavex ElSaviour said:
'Voorbarig' is 'premature' =)

Tesla Monkor

Fledgling Freddie
'Voorbarig' is 'premature', in English.

It's hard to predict where DAOC will be in two years. Mythic is warming up the crafting ovens to make WarHammer Online - and it will be PVP oriented, giving it the same target audience as DAOC. This cannot be done without DAOC taking at least some loss of players.

For all we know Mythic will pull the plug after WHO goes live. Then again, maybe DAOC will be doing great by that time and they'll drop WHO instead. Only time will tell.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom