little advice needed :)

living

Fledgling Freddie
Hello, do hib/pryd still have /level 30? If so what would be the fastest char to level from 30-50.. will probaly spend 70% of my time solo and dont have any gear, tho that probaly could be a arranged if needed alot :)
Prefer something that do kill at a decent speed without too much dt, was thinking maybe a druid, would have the ablity to both grp and solo decently?

Thanks

living

Fledgling Freddie
silly edit timer.. was thinking maybe a vw, tho i guess low qual weap would be pretty bad i know there is a lvl 31 quest that can be done with little help :)

How well do they do at 50 in PVE? can they drop orange cons without too much dt unbuffed?

Gromnir

Fledgling Freddie
First of all I need to say what I say to everyone posting here :p go to www.prydwen.net - thats where the hib population hangs out :)

Druids are good for groups and solo play yes, only if you spec for a solo life you often find that you lag some buffs and healing, which in turn often leads to people telling you to go bugger of and dont come back till you respced :/

VW's do realy well solo also at level 50, but from what I'v played in VW's then you'd really want your equipment to be top qua. They simply cant take the same beating over and over again due to the cloth armour, so you need to get in lots of hits fast for high damage and not to many misses.

I class I found did really well in both groups and solo are the champions (pimping my own main class), DD, debuffs, selfbuffs really helps on the downtime, and they can pack loads of damage as Large weapons or be a nice bunker as a shield + one hander. Also Hero's isent that bad to solo really, with the right equipment you'll only lose around 20 to 30 % on yellow orange mobs, so dosent take that long to regain. If you like mage classes an animist is a great soloer, tho you have to learn to play them first and untill you do you'll have good deal of downtime while waiting for mana. But there is nothing like a pet class that can pile orange mobs with easy and dosent really need to be scared in case of a red con. (ofcause depends on your set up :p ) Wardens are also a great solo class that has alot of offer in groups, and downtime isent that bad with wardens, they are also always welcome in groups :)

ps. we lost /level 30 in the last patch so its from level 20 and on for now.

living

Fledgling Freddie
shame lvl 30 is gone :) Ya i registred at prydwen forums but i cant post topics there, says im not allowed :(

Ill try out the diffrent chars and see what seems the best then :) thanks alot

Gromnir

Fledgling Freddie
living said:
shame lvl 30 is gone :) Ya i registred at prydwen forums but i cant post topics there, says im not allowed :(

Ill try out the diffrent chars and see what seems the best then :) thanks alot

Odd, every one should be able to post in the public sections, try asking a mod about it :)

living

Fledgling Freddie
Gromnir said:
Odd, every one should be able to post in the public sections, try asking a mod about it :)
oki i will then :) do hib have df often?

Gromnir

Fledgling Freddie
living said:
oki i will then :) do hib have df often?

we have it more often these days then we use to, but we normally dosent hold on to it for long. Besides there is loads of better places to level then in DF :)

living

Fledgling Freddie
Gromnir said:
we have it more often these days then we use to, but we normally dosent hold on to it for long. Besides there is loads of better places to level then in DF :)
played in hib ONCE, bet i can't even find my way from magmell to TNN without getting lost anymore :) Finding xp spots will probaly be close to impossible.. hehe.. going for a Druid with 7regrowth, 14nuture and 12 nature, hopefully it can get me grps while i can solo yellows without it taking a year :)

What dungeons are good for a lvl 20?

Gromnir

Fledgling Freddie
living said:
played in hib ONCE, bet i can't even find my way from magmell to TNN without getting lost anymore :) Finding xp spots will probaly be close to impossible.. hehe.. going for a Druid with 7regrowth, 14nuture and 12 nature, hopefully it can get me grps while i can solo yellows without it taking a year :)

What dungeons are good for a lvl 20?

Spraggons Den, and the lowest levels of Muries Tomb ... tho I think im the only one who'd ever go there to level a level 20 :p

Cant even remember the name of the town close to spraggons den anymore ... <sniffs> im getting old.

Gromnir

Fledgling Freddie
Why are we even using english to write to each others ... bloody danes comming up every where you look <heads off shaking head>

living

Fledgling Freddie
Gromnir said:
Spraggons Den, and the lowest levels of Muries Tomb ... tho I think im the only one who'd ever go there to level a level 20 :p

Cant even remember the name of the town close to spraggons den anymore ... <sniffs> im getting old.

Hehe aye, didenty see u where danish either :) but english forum :)
lvling in Muire tomb atm killing named ones.. hopeing they drop more than others (got a belt with +15hits!)
Named Ciarda like the druid trainer in SI town.. hihi

Aran Thule

Fledgling Freddie
Grom you are getting old.

Spag den is NW of Howth until you reach canyon then north along it.

Stuff near the town north of the grove should also be good hunting in S.I.

Oh and the standard offer to any without houses:

The Willow Tavern (3354 west of Meath enterance) is open for all.

As well as great food and drinks you can find:
Bindbush (so you can /release house)
Porters to DL/Cain/Grove/ToA
Siege merchant
Healer (cheaper then ones on mainland)
Vault Keeper

Danamyr

Fledgling Freddie
Well in my opinion Druids suck solo. Having got one to Lvl 50, and currently having another at 33 I'd suggest that if you absolutely must play one, then you ought to spec Regrowth/ Nuture and just endeavour to get a group. Forget Nature spec completely until Lvl 50 when you can respec for RVR to Regrowth/Nature.

A superb compromise would be to roll a Warden. They really are good solo. It takes a while to kill things, but you can heal, you get base buffs and weapon styles. At higher levels you also get PBT. I'd definately recommend considering this Class.

Champions are OK solo, and again I got one to Lvl 50 but deleted him because they just were not wanted in groups at that time in RVR. I can't really say they are good, because I was never that impressed with mine and always wished I'd rolled a Hero instead.

Good luck, and definately use the Prydwen Forums - a lot of friendly and helpful people there :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom