Literature connected with DAoC?

S

SilverHood

Does anyone know of any good books set in the DAoC time line? or involving characters from the Arthurian history?

Albion
I can recommend "The Crystal Cave" (and the 2 sequels) from Marry Stewart, telling the story of Merlin and Arthur

Celtic Lore
On Raven's wing (will check author later), tells the story of The Hound of Ulster, fighting in Emain Macha, Filidh curses, and battles with Connacht. A tale of a true hero and his spear.

Still haven't found anything decent regarding Norse mythologies.... probably because I haven't looked that hard

O

old.The McScrooges

I'd recommend the Arthur trilogy by the Sharpe author.

No plate wearing horse riding knights in it, just mead drinking vomiting spearmen.

Whats the 3rd book from Mary Stewart called? I can only remember reading 2, thought they were quite good too.

S

SilverHood

Last one is called "the last enchantment"

O

old.The McScrooges

Thanks, I'll check it out.

Something to read whilst I craft.

<Craft - A DAOC game related term>
<Spam - Something I'm doing to get my post count up.>

God I hate work....

S

SilverHood

the trick is to reply to everything, be it posting a witty comment, or actual text.... it needs to have some relevance to the topic, so in this case, I'll say

Thanks, I'll check it out

Your welcome

O

old.The McScrooges

Originally posted by SilverHood
the trick is to reply to everything, be it posting a witty comment, or actual text.... it needs to have some relevance to the topic

I see.

How was that?

S

SilverHood

excellent

Once you reach the grand number of 100 posts, you must make a pilgrimage to the server specific boards.... hijack, go of topic, but make sure you write subtance..... sickofit can give you more instructions :D

O

old.The McScrooges

Thank you Sensei, that last post was my 100th.

I will now stalk my thread and bring back its defeated corpse.

Grasshopper

S

SFXman

I think all medieval books are great, and by this term I mean that it has magic, swords, plate armor, and all the works... hmm, that one book sounded interesting with the emain macha stuff.

O

old.The McScrooges

Ahh master Silverhood, Grasshopper has returned.

It has been a hard and long task my master but I think I finally hijacked a post.

Please see the Hiding in trees thread, I almost didn't think I would suceed until Master N3wbie the master of disguise came along.

I have deflected the thread from trees to tossers. Have I passed the test? May I progress to the next level of enlightenment?

Grasshopper

L

Legaoniel_v

arthur

Anything from Stephen Lawhead, basically - excellent read!!

O

old.The McScrooges

Trouble is there is bucket loads of Arthurian literature out there. Which is probably why the game is titled Dark Age of CAMELOT, people being more familiar with it. Which may be the cause of some of the server inbalance, well initially anyway.

W

wolvon fury

/em Looks at his norse legends book, Prints out the back of it,

The tales of the Norse gods, of the giants, demons, trolls and dwarves, still have the power to fascinate more than a thousand years after they were first told. Here are the stories of the one-eyed god Odin, the all-seeing, who from his throne in Asgard the home of the gods, has to prepare for Ragnarok, the final conflict between good and evil. There are tales too of Tyr the god of war, of the cunning Loki, of Thor the mighty thunder god and a host of others. These retellings of the old tales are given extra dramatic perspective by the music of Mahler, Grieg, Smetana. They come to life as never before.

Quite a nice book, cost me a massive 6$ from my trip in the US

S

SilverHood

@ SFXMAN

On Raven's Wing, by Morgan LLYWELYN

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

Originally posted by SFXman

Cool, got to write it down.

Because the post will disappear at sunrise?... harhar

S

SFXman

Originally posted by sickofit...
Because the post will disappear at sunrise?... harhar
Har har indeed. Because if I feel like borrowing it from the library for example I actually know what the book is. Too lazy to remember shit like that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom