Lionheart rpg - anyone gonna get it?

J

Jonaldo

The new Black Isle game set back in the Crusades (hence the title) :p
http://lionheart.blackisle.com/faq.html

Is gonna use the Fallout & Fallout 2 character and skills system so old rpg'ers may be happy about that. Although it's the usual single player rpg they are famed for, it's also gonna support multiplayer for up to 4 people in a group so was wondering if anyone else was thinking of trying it out and maybe playing thru it via some intarweb magickery trickery.
They built in an AI so if we got a stlong gloup playing then we fight tougher enemies all the way through so it wouldn't spoil it too much.

Looks intarwesting anyhoo.

Maybe something to keep us busy till the PC release of "Knights of the old Republic".

M

mirieth

Looks promising :).

I doubt that with Black Isle making it, it can really turn out anything other than a half-decent or better game so it will be a nice stop-gap until Knights of the Old Repbulic, indeed :).

O

old.Tyraette

played the demo, read the previews, i for one will give it a whirl. sounds more like planescape torment than diablo, which is GREAT :)

fallut 2 is a fantastic game, this one looks similar. I just hope that perk where you see the most gruesome death animation possible is still in :D:D

F

F.I.V

I tried the demo, seems promising but I'd hoped that the combat would be turn based like in Fallout 2.

That is, unless I missed an option? :rolleyes:

M

mirieth

How big is the demo?

...or did you get it off a cover-disc? please say you got it off a cover-disc and I don't have to downloaded it on my uber-leet-download-speed modem :(.

J

Jonaldo

It's a fileplanet download :mad:
Link is somewhere on the website I put in first post.
Just go to the 'Main' page.

F

F.I.V

It's only about 150mb, pretty good I reckon for a demo these days

M

mirieth

150mb? :E

That's a good 2 or 3 days on my modem :/

J

Jexa

Reading this made me go and play thru Fallout 2 again :D

Such a good game :)

I like the looks of Lionheart, shame about the poo fileplanet download :(

O

old.Tohtori

OOOOH MAMA! I've been waiting for a MMO game from Black Isle since i was born or since i saw my first MMO :D

J

Jonaldo

I doubt they'll do a MMORPG, too much work supporting it after it's been released. It'd tie them down and stop them releasing new games.
This isn't Massively Multiplayer and will only support groups of 4 playing.

J

Jexa

Hmmm ... wasn't quite what I was expecting ... interesting tho :eek:

J

Jonaldo

Downloaded the demo, am a bit disappointed by it :mad:
Simple hack n slash, walk somewhere, see bad guy, click on him and it auto-fights. Inifinite arrows? Guess we'll all be archers then.
Maybe the infinite arrows thing is just because it's a demo and they want us to get involved quicker? Also the fact I'm picking up +1 & +2 weapons in the first zone gives me that idea. Two handed sword of Flesh-seeking (+5 to hit bonus) in the 2nd treasure chest I opened :eek7:

Will play it a bit more and see if there's more to it than it seems, but first impressions aren't what I was hoping.
Seems similar in ways to Dungeon Siege, mostly the way you feel like an onlooker during the combat sequences.

Still would be maybe willing to try it in a multiplayer mode, seems perhaps standing in the back lines and being a healer or mage would be the most interesting option in a game like this although not quite sure how that would work single player.

O

old.Tohtori

Originally posted by Omniscieous
I doubt they'll do a MMORPG, too much work supporting it after it's been released. It'd tie them down and stop them releasing new games.
This isn't Massively Multiplayer and will only support groups of 4 playing.

They could do a "GOA". Just fuck the community and leave it to some foreign buggers :p

F

F.I.V

I've heard repeated rumours of a Fallout MMORPG, which if that's true will be the best game ever :clap:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom