Linkdeath

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
I keep LDing. Sometimes I can go hours and hours without a single LD. Other times I LD within 10 seconds of logging on. I'm running a wireless network (@5.5Mbps), and I have absolutely no probs connecting to any internet applications other than DAOC.

I've read Film's Chronic LD post - one question - I can't see this: "Check the properties of your network card and make sure "hardware checksum" is switched off."

Any other advice ? Thanks. Its really annoying me. Someone I play with in game also has the same prob on his WIFI network too.

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Is your Wifi speed steady or does it adjust now and then?
My guess is that Daoc Client doesn't like at all network speed adjusting, i had my isp experimenting to up the line to 6 Mbit for 10 days and i kept having strange LDs on both accounts, when they stopped it the problems vanished.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
My connection speed periodically changes
As I'm using a wireless network off someone else's ISP / router, I'm not sure what I can do to stabalise the speed at my end...

Any suggestions ?

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Lamp said:
My connection speed periodically changes
As I'm using a wireless network off someone else's ISP / router, I'm not sure what I can do to stabalise the speed at my end...

Any suggestions ?

By default it follows the speed changes, should pester on settings and see if u can fix it at x Mbit/s

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
It's not much help, but I get the same thing when I try to play on a wireless router. As I don't do it much, I didn't worry.

Darzil

GimmlyTheDorf

Banned
Wireless connection drops a lot and causes packet loss and is generally shit for online games. But they are developing 802.11n atm the "n" is meant to be much better wireless technology and much better for games. You can get some nice gaming routers with 802.11n.

What’s you’re single strength btw? And upgrading wireless drivers can help.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
I seem to have solved the problem myself. What I did was get put the WIFI dongle on an extended USB cable an ran it a few feet closer to the router. Since I did that I've not deadlinked once. In the immortal words of Metallica, "sad but true".

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom