Linkdeads galore...

B

butcha

Since new patch I am getting linkdead every other minute....

Anyone else having problems....

O

old.Biohazard

Hoped the re-emplacement of servers would have helped for the lag but actually it only got worse here :(

A

aberrac

Seems to be happening in waves, several folks in the group either lagged terribly, or went ld - they got back in, then a few minutes later, same thing happened...

It seems (from our very unscientific 'testing'!) that you are more likely to end up ld if you are on a normal 56k or less dial in connection, whilst faster conns seem to lag horribly but at least stay connected. It's not related to isps, as we have a whole bunch in use, and the fact that it's happening in waves strongly suggests a problem at the server/goa/wannadoo routing end of the system.

Shame, as the patching went smoothly and what I'd seen of 1.49 looked nice.

O

old.Flamin

I guess that servers are laggy because people are downloading the Patch.

O

old.Eeek

Happening alot :( just got 2nd LD in DF and died :( then got another 2 mins later :(

Still, cant really grumble, it is patch day and it was alot of fun while it lasted :)

Edit: Should take the hint and go to sleep - last 2 LD's were 20 and 3 seconds after log on :rolleyes:

S

seb1024

lasting about 10mins from LD to next

happily servers are being down for maintanence tomoz

D

Danya

I was lding more often than not on adsl, the 56k thing doesn't seem to hold (well not for me).

O

old.marteeny

me neither.

p.s check your pm's please Dan.

V

Valdamar

Dreadful ping/latency here too

I'm on ISDN from the Channel Islands and last night was horrendous (we're close to France but still have to route through UK for the net). I constantly had 2 red squares for latency and ping between 7pm and 9pm, and two LDs. Otherwise the last two weeks have been 100% clear - no LDs at all.

Only had to suffer for two hours though, then my main PC decided to spare me the lag by shutting down - managed to blow up my DDR-RAM somehow /sigh

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom