Linkdead on 2nd computer

walowalo

Fledgling Freddie
I'm running two computers and both running ToA-client.
Computer1 is a Pentium4 2.66ghz, 1024mb ram, radeon 9600 with a 3Com EtherLink XL (3C905B-TX) networkcard and Computer2 is an AMD XP 2400+, 512mb ram, Geforce4200 with a D-LINK DFE-530TX. Both running Windows2000.

I have went linkdead just a few times on Computer1, mainly when servers got some error or something major so nothing to bug about. But very often when I ride a horse on Computer2 the L, for Latency in that thing for framerate, gets red and after a minute and get the 'An error has occured. The server has closed your connection.' and I have to press esc to get logged out and yadayada. this just happened like 3 times within 10 minutes when I was riding on a horse and doing some general running in Shrouded Isles so there must be something wrong.

I have my believes in our router which I haven't configured much really, but how could the router mess up just second computer so it goes linkdead when on horse etc? or is it the Geforce4 that's too bad? I do get alot of lag etc ingame but Framerate-button is mostly green anyhow.

Jay76

Fledgling Freddie
You might be running low on bandwidth.

Or you have a bad NIC

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom