Link Dead

Clipz

Fledgling Freddie
Hi,

Its only my second day on the game but in the last hour I have been getting Link Dead and then disconnected about every 10mins. I had this yesturday aswell in Camelot.

Is this to be expected or should I report it as a fault?

Lakashnik

Fledgling Freddie
lol depends... are u with AOL... then to be expected... if with some1 good then it could be a fault. but if isolated incident most probly something ur end imo.

Clipz

Fledgling Freddie
Hi m8

I'm with Blueyonder which 99% of the time rock solid. I have just had it happen again since posting.

I'm going to reboot the modem and router to see if that helps. All I want to do is try out my new sword but everytime I get to a mob....disconnect :)

Clipz

Fledgling Freddie
What IP or Hostname do I need to ping?

Clipz

Fledgling Freddie
I found the IP address for the server and gateway.

The tracert is showing spikes on the London to France routers. If I leave a ping going while in game it show its dropping every now and then but no more than 2 or 3 hops at a time. Purhaps theres a timeout setting I can tweak in the DAOC config. Its almost as if its set to low.

I'm going to give up for the night and hope its sorted for tomorrow.

Clipz

Fledgling Freddie
OK after some brief tests it seems to only be when I'm on Excal...Pyrd is fine.

Has anyone else had any problems at all with Excal tonight?

Can any1 explain what the three traffic light boxes are about on the trueblue UI. I assume it has something to do with lag/packet loss. When I'm about to LD I get the first two turn red the third stays green.

On Pyrd these boxes change to red every now and then but no LD.

Cheers

Sarnat

Fledgling Freddie
The one that stays green is for your FPS...

The other two are for ping and packet loss I think. Most UIs have 2 modes, one without letters and one with PLF (?)... Would think they are for ping, loss, frame rate..

DavidH

Part of the furniture
Good to see that we actually get some new players in this game. If you would like to put some info down on where you play, I'm sure that me or someone else could sort a bit of gold for you to get started. :)

Good Luck :D

Clipz

Fledgling Freddie
Belomar said:
Welcome to the game, new players are nice. :) The technical forum is the best place for technical questions. :)

Yeah sorry thats my bad mods plz feel free to move it :)

Thx DavidH for the offer of hard cash!! ;)

My Toon name is Kaimanchi (Alb/Excal/Scout)

and if Excal is still bad tonight I going to be Dillinga (Alb/Pryd/Scout)

Cheers

Lakashnik said:
lol depends... are u with AOL... then to be expected... if with some1 good then it could be a fault. but if isolated incident most probly something ur end imo.

dont post tripe about AOL, i use AOL and havnt Ld'd as much as some so called GOOD isp's.... regardless of your isp the problems are related to opentransit.. not a lot you can do atm but wait it out whilst they fix it.

Daedalus

Can't get enough of FH
Meh. Maintenance hasn't even started yet \o/
[9-11-2004] Open Transit Disruptions tonight
Some maintenance interventions may induce some disruptions in game tonight. Between 11.00 PM and 1.00 AM, there will be a strong risk of lag as well as possible linkdeaths.

Damon_D

Fledgling Freddie
Had it two times yesterday.. my first LD' in several months , and they came w9th in hours of each other... some thing is rotten in the state on Denmark...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom