link dead

P

Plomien

anyone else having problems going link dead and bad lag on excaliber?

S

Silence

everyone i know went ld ;p me is one of dem

C

Cybwyn

Linkdead from Prydwen and can't connect to update server now.

P

Plomien

the daoc website isn't going as well, the cleaners must of unplugged the servers to do the hoovering

F

firebirth

Midgard Relic Raid at 7:52am prolly fucked it up.

Dont you just love GOA

F

firebirth

Website is back up but with out of date server details

Login servers are still down

Managed to reconnect breifly before i ld'd again

Looks like a connection problem as the whole network went tits up

P

pichal

all server got LD 2 times, Excal Alb got LOADS in odin atm+ lots of hibs 2,

A

AramusM

English and german servers seem to have gone ld. when i logged back in it seemed the french ones were unaffected by the numbers that were still on. Always the bloody same.

C

chensin

LD's

Thats the fourt time in 10 mins now, something is certainly buggered somewhere. Im nowhere near a frontier zone, so its not the Albs' fault, just something extremely bad going on at the GOA end.

Someone must be playing Minesweeper again, and the DAOC server just cant cope.

Looks like Im destined never to finish Rhiowyns prophecy and get the belt, the final item for my Rvr kit.

Ta, Chensin

O

old.yaruar

Re: LD's

Originally posted by chensin
Thats the fourt time in 10 mins now, something is certainly buggered somewhere. Im nowhere near a frontier zone, so its not the Albs' fault, just something extremely bad going on at the GOA end.

Someone must be playing Minesweeper again, and the DAOC server just cant cope.

Looks like Im destined never to finish Rhiowyns prophecy and get the belt, the final item for my Rvr kit.

Ta, Chensin

the connection seems fine, looks like their database server might be tits up as it's authorisation process which it's falling down on...

S

svartmetall

Once AGAIN GOA's utter second-rateness is plain for all to see.

T

tripitaka

If you dont like it - leave. plain and simple - just my opinion tho.
theres more to life than DAOC.

If you cancel the transaction with your bank, GOA / Mythic or whoever cannot try and take money again, which some ppl are finding happen. If u also close ur account on the subs pages (if they are working) that will also do the trick. Just pushing u in the right direction.

If you don't wanna leave - thats fine too. But complaining here doesn't really help apart from get it off your chest. which personally i dont see the need for , since its only a game.

If it was Real life, then yes, Rant away.

We're all free to whine about how crap DAOC's makers, contracters and suppliers are. But its becoming old news - you only read about the whiners opinions never the god on GOA threads (well maybe once every couple of months).

I've ben using the time to try out camlann (arrghh everyone who has a 50 is there, with level 20's) and prydwen / middie, got myself a savage to see what all the fuss is about.

No this isn't a whine at the whiners post. Its just a way of saying theres other things to do whilst the server is down.

These have been the opinions of me. Everyones free to their opinion, no need to flame me for mine.

O

old.yaruar

personally I think goa do a good job most of the time.

if anything the biggest problem is that they don't communicate with customers.

at the moment we have a major server outage for 24 hours+ and nothing from the company.

this is unacceptable in business. a simple explanation would do the trick.

although tbh it's probably a major error fot it to be down that long, but even so hardware will be on a max 24 hour service contract (more likely 3 hours on site if they know what they are doing) and software/os shouldn't be down for that long without a contigency.

for a start a cluster should be rebuildable from scratch and backups in way less than 24 hours.
the fact that the server is actually up and the local authentication service is down leads me to think it's a local database error...
but who knows...

one thing though, if the server is suddenly up at 9:30 cet tomorrow we know that the problem was most likely that nobody could be arsed to go in and stop and restart the service and then the server, which is totally unacceptable......

O

old.job

What are you Trip, a frekin Priest or summit?

GOA works in mysterious ways my son, you must accept his work or reject it, but anger leads to pain in the soul.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom