Link dead problem with Excal...

Hi :D got bored of prydwen so i decided to go over to excal to have a mess around.....it seems i cant however i go LD ever 10-30mins without fail :( ive tried everything from turning gfx down-crying at my keyboard and to no avail nothing happens :eek7: my connection is fine with all other servers+all other online games its just excal any ideas?

amd 3200+ 2.2ghz
2048ram pc 3200
ATI Radeon 9800 Pro All-in-Wonder 128MB

thats basically what im running so it cant be lack of ram either :mad:

thx

So i guess no1 knows eh :( guess this means Excalibur is a no go zone for me then / cries as he is bound to mid/pryd

I've done that :) my mate on lan with me he does'nt go Link dead on excal tho just me for some reason :( i've reinstalled daoc 5 times+gfx drivers

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
is it ok with the prydwen server? If so it sounds like something network related - firewall/AV/ automatic updates etc

Yea it's fine with prydwen not 1 spot of lag what so ever it's just excal :( i've tried it with both firewalls turned off aswell :( still does it im afraid

Do you have Excal's IP+Port Kami? i'll give config a go if you do who knows it might work heh :D

thx

Herjulf

Banned
Still sounds like problems on your side.

Prydwen isnt exactly crowded, what network card do you have?

Certain networc card will fux up on excalibur, i have had to abandon the following cards, i am nowdays a pure "Intel" networc cards guy.

Netgear FA311-312, 510-512 and Gigabit card GA302T (havent tried the 622T card)

Cnet the (higer series ones seem to work ok though)

many "NoName" cards.

Cards i HIGHLY recommend:

Intel Etherexpress series (which i have in my not so phat servers), and Intel Pro 1000 MT* (*my favourite, for my LAN)
D-Link DFE 530TX-690TX however after a year or so chances are the 530TX will go loco, and give slow speeds in one direction.

3COM midrange cards like 3c905.

On some computers certain cheap cards work well on other they tend to do annoying stuff. like by the clock LD or LD after certain actions like zoning or if sharing IRQ with GFX cards LD when zoning into areas that are crowded.

Like stygia, and during ML raids.

My personal experience is that intel will give u less grief, and the inte cards is merely 10euro or so more then the most netgear or d-link card, same goes for the gigabit cards.

DAOC seem to open alot of sockets if a area is crowded, some network cards seem to "choke" kinda like a bottleneck when to much pours through.
And will almost like.. i dunno but lock down. so that sometimes you LD sometimes u dont. something i havent done since i changed purely to Intel and 3Com.

Fellbeast

Loyal Freddie
Well, I used to have a related problem on Exc. only.
I had regular link deads (though not every 30 minutes, luckily). To add to the fun, every time I zoned, the game crashed.
I never found out what caused this, but strangely enough, after buying a new motherboard/processor, the problem solved itself :confused: :confused: :confused:
Dunno if it's related though, it's probably just a coincidence, but I thought I'd best mention it.

Herjulf

Banned
Fellbeast said:
Well, I used to have a related problem on Exc. only.
I had regular link deads (though not every 30 minutes, luckily). To add to the fun, every time I zoned, the game crashed.
I never found out what caused this, but strangely enough, after buying a new motherboard/processor, the problem solved itself :confused: :confused: :confused:
Dunno if it's related though, it's probably just a coincidence, but I thought I'd best mention it.

as i said some cards cant hack the extra strain excal means, especially when zoning or in larger "zergs"

prydwen isnt very crowded. and rvr certainly isnt.. crowded either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom